Start by marking “All That Mullarkey” as Want to Read:
All That Mullarkey

All That Mullarkey

Revenge and love: it’s a thin line …

Wounded and furious, Cleo embarks on a night out with the girls, which turns into a glorious one night stand with…

Justin, centrefold material and irrepressibly irresponsible. He loves a little wildness in a woman – and he’s
Published June 1st 2010 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about All That Mullarkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That Mullarkey

Jane Stewart
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked it. Cool ending.

The plot is about a woman who leaves her husband who deserves to be left. She eventually ends up with a good guy that she’s hot for. Along the way she has a baby, which is a significant part of the story.

It felt like it was moving kind of slow, but it was good that way. The reason it moves slow is because it’s a lot of time in the lives of ordinary people like us. This is not action and suspense. It’s about feelings, choices, finding love.

Cleo has been married to G
RLA
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I picked this one up on the strength that I really enjoyed the last book by Sue Moorcroft I read (Starting Over), and out of the three books I have read from Choc Lit publishing I haven't met one I didn't like!

The story starts with a bang - with the heroine being left by her unpredictable husband after a silly argument, she then goes out a meets a really nice guy and ends up having a one night stand with him.

A really unexpected, and brave, opening and it is played out wonderfully. The
Karen
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this novel through Amazon's Kindle store after reading a review from a friend of another of this author's novels. I really enjoyed this story and will certainly look for more from Sue Moorcroft.

All That Mullarkey was quite different to any other romance I have read. It felt like an honest tale about a real marriage that has cracks under the surface. A tale about people making mistakes, trying their best, trying to make the right choices and falling in love. There were no lightening bol
Blodeuedd Finland
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it

Moorcroft did again and delivered another honest and lovely book. And she also gives us another ass who breaks it off in such an evil way. This time our heroine comes home and in the bedroom her ass of a husband has written on the bedroom wall, the marriage is over.

That is how the book starts, and Cleo goes out. There she meets hottie Justin who takes her home, and she is loving it. But as the dust settles the next day she goes home to find a husband who regrets his outburst. She tries to save h
Lucie Wheeler
Aug 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what can i say, this is a fantastic book.

When i sat down to read this book, it was just to pass a couple of minutes so i thought i would make a start and read the opening chapter, 12 chapters later i was still reading it!Its a page turner right from the first paragraph.

There is no part of this book that fills you with unnecessary waffle or makes you feel as though it is dragging, its constant stream of excitement and surprises will full-fill every reader.
As someone who enjoys reading rom
Christina
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Cleo's husband Gav storms out of their family home as Cleo was getting ready to attend a high school reunion that Gav was adamant he didn't want her going to. Upon Cleo's return, she sees the words "This marriage is over" spray painted on her bedroom wall. Furious, Cleo heads out on a night out and ends up having a one-night stand with Justin. We follow Cleo as she juggles an ex-husband, new love interest/fling and even a possible pregnancy. Well-written and precise, Moorcroft tells a predictabl ...more
Gail
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loving this book so far brilliant read .well recomend this one so far .
KurdishBookworm
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Doesn't really have an interesting storyline or anything special but somehow make you wanna read and keep on going.
Rea Cobb
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sue Moorcroft is an author I have heard such great things about. Having been keeping an eye on some of her book reviews recently I decided to take the plunge and purchased All That Mullarkey for my new Kindle Fire I couldn't wait to try a book by this author to see if she was going to become one of my must have authors!

Revenge and love: it’s a thin line … The writing’s on the wall for Cleo and Gav. The bedroom wall, to be precise. And it says ‘This marriage is over.’

Wounded and furious, Cleo emb
Milka
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
Cleo and Gav. Gav and Cleo. In the eyes of their friends, they are the perfect couple with a perfect marriage. And that is what they both also believed. When Cleo finds the writing from their bedroom wall, everything changes. "This marriage is over". The writing on the wall drives hurt Cleo into a one night stand with Justin. Will Justin remain as a one night stand, or will he become something more?

Justin, good looking and charming. He meets up with Cleo at the local night club. A night of chatt
K.B. Walker
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another quirky, intriguing, fast and furious read from Sue Moorcroft. It was lovely to revisit Middledip and spot some well loved characters from Starting Over.
Mark
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama
Cleo is a free spirit, a wonderfully realised character in a gripping, thoroughly entertaining novel of modern life. Told in two parts, the first sees her splitting from controlling husband Gav and then falling pregnant during a one-night stand with Justin. The second part sees Cleo coping with being a single mum to Shona, the return of Justin (he went abroad), who then suffers a dreadful hate campaign and also the return of Gav, who doesn’t quite get the message that things are over. As with al ...more
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Sue's writing style. Having read and loved Dream A Little Dream, I wanted to take a look at the lives of its peripheral characters who have their own story in All That Mullarkey.
What struck me was how easily all the events in the book could happen. The characters are very real, the dialogue spot on, and the descriptions vivid enough to visualise, without impinging on the reader's own imagination.
I was angry on the hero's behalf, willed the heroine to take action,
Rebecca Emin
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I have got a little bit bored of reading the types of books where you know who's going to end up with who by the end of the first page. I am pleased to say, this is not one of those books. The characters are very strong, and without giving anything away, it's not completely obvious how things are going to pan out right from the start.

I was gripped once I started reading this, I can tell I am enjoying a book when I don't want to put it down. I also ended up with a bit of a crush
Joy
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
When her husband writes "this marriage is over" on the bedroom wall and walks out, a young corporate trainer heads out to the bar and ends up in a one-night stand with a very attractive someone else. Then her husband returns, trying for reconciliation. What could be more fraught, except her ending up pregnant? Which, of course, she does. Who is the father? Which relationship will work out? Who is stalking this very attractive someone else? All done delightfully with well-drawn characters and (as ...more
Anne
Sep 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Really loved this one - Sue Moorcroft could, I'm sure, write any genre she turned her hand to, she writes so well. Her characters are so strong and so well developed, and she turns the one night stand/baby/broken marriage story into something much, much better. Loved the motivational training sessions Cleo ran too, many resonances from real life there! Highly recommended to anyone who likes their chick lit well-written and with a little edge.
Carly
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
couldn't get into it properly due to lack of proper paragraphs. would be reading one sentence about what Cleo was up to with Justin, then on next sentence would be what gav was doing.
Bad writing style ...... sack the editor !!
Aileen
Feb 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the second Sue Moorcroft book I have read, I loved this book from the first page, I couldn't put it down.
Beth
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it

What a great book ! Kept me smiling throughout and although some areas were predictable this made a nice easy read.
Bea
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has an horrendous start! About half way through the writing improves. It isn't my type of predictable, far too predictable and superficial.
Emma
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this on my iPad. Badly edited but story was great! I literally couldn't put it down!
Bookworm
Aug 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
After reading Starting Over I couldn't wait for this book to be released. I wasn't disappointed - another fabulous book from this author. Can't wait until November for her next novel. Read it!
Gemma Harris
Cute but not overwhelming

A nice easy read with the typical will they won’t they romance/affair thrown in. Not a love but enjoyed nonetheless
Liz Stevens
easy to read chick-lit.
Mrs D J Rugg
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it

now ready for book 3 great series proper love stories with lots of confusion and omg moments where you feel like banging there heads together!
Heather Nicol
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
An honest account of love, relationships and break ups. An enjoyable read, even if predictable
Kate’s Book Spot
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this eBook when it was available as a free download from Amazon.

The prologue indicated major problems in Cleo and Gav’s marriage, the argument was fierce and I could easily see where the story was headed at this point. What followed was an impulsive mistake from Cleo, I couldn’t condone her behaviour but I certainly understood it. I thought I had Justin all figured out so when it switched to his point of view I was surprised to find an unexpected reaction from him.

Cleo was a very stubborn
Natalie TBGWP
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
They say not to judge a book by its cover, that is what I had done with this book. As much as I think the cover on this is very pretty, I had been by-passing it for the usual chic-lit fronts. That is why it had been sitting in my ibooks for a very long time. I decided to give it ago one night when I couldn't sleep and couldn't be bothered getting up for a paperback and book light.
By god, I was gutted I'd missed out on such a gem for so long.
This honestly is a fabulous read. It's like a big book
Sue
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012, fiction, kindle
Cleo, a thirty-something businesswoman, sets out for a school reunion despite the disapproval of her husband Gav. He’s been in a bad mood lately, and this culminates in his insistence that if she goes out, their marriage is over. Cleo does feel a bit worried and turns back, but when she finds that Gav has not just gone out, he’s left a cruel message on the wall, she decides to go out and get drunk. And then she does something so bizarre and stupid that I totally lost sympathy with her.

I found th
Moon Love
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cleo's husband Gav has decided to storm out of the house after Cleo decides she will attend a reunion he is adamant she not attend, all because he fears she will hook up with an old boyfriend she hasn't seen in 7 years. He ends the marriage instead of being sensible. Cleo goes out looking for her sister Liza, ends up getting drunk in the club, meets Justin, and ends up spending the night with him. They don't use protection and it slips Cleo's mind when she and Gav get back together. But what abo ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Turning The Tide (Little Spitmarsh #1)
  • The Scarlet Kimono (Kumashiro Saga #1)
  • Watching Willow Watts
  • To Turn Full Circle
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 2  (Fallocaust, #3)
  • Winter Warmers
  • Please Don't Stop the Music
  • The United & The Divided (Tooth & Claw, #3)
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)
  • Always Yours
  • The Silver Locket
  • Quick to the Hunt (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #7)
  • Head Shy (Dark Horse, #2.2)
  • Breaking the Ice
  • Second Time Around
  • Puppy Love 3: Reawakening (Puppy Love #3)
  • Devil's Slave (American Monsters, #1)
  • Laura's Handmade Life

Sue Moorcroft is a Sunday Times bestselling author and has held the coveted #1 spot in the Amazon Kindle chart. She's also a bestseller in Germany. She writes women's contemporary fiction with sometimes unexpected themes.

Sue has won the Best Romantic Read Award, been nominated for a RoNA and is a Katie Fforde Bursary winner. She also writes short stories, serials, articles, columns, courses and wr