Start by marking “Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)” as Want to Read:
Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)

Frog and Toad All Year

(Frog and Toad #3)

Friends all year.
In winter, spring, summer, and fall, Frog and Toad are always together. Here is a wise and wonderful story for each season of the year-and one for Christmas, too.

Published January 1st 1900 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Frog and Toad All Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog and Toad All Year

Start your review of Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
Matt
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Arnold Lobel’s wonderful collection of Frog and Toad stories adds a new layer with five pieces geared towards all the seasons. From a winter of snow and ice to a scorching sunbeams of the summer and even some ideas about what happens on Christmas Eve when someone is late, the stories take readers on adventures that never cease. Neo quite liked this collection, reading some and allowing me to tackle others. I remember reading these pieces as a child and I am pleased to see Neo has found them as ...more
Gauri
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I once saw amusing illustrations from this book, thinking that they were from the original edition of Wind in the Willows. I picked this up when I realized they were in fact, JE books written not many decades ago! Somehow, I had missed them when I was growing up.

This little book is so charming. For some reason, I couldn't stop smiling when reading this.
This is a series of short stories about the friendship of a pessimistic, anxious Toad and an optimistic, encouraging Frog. Though Toad is quite
Abigail
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Little Frogs & Toads / Beginning Readers
One of four Frog and Toad story collections from Arnold Lobel - companion volumes include Frog and Toad Are Friends , Frog and Toad Together and Days with Frog and Toad - this charming beginning reader was (along with the other three books) a girlhood favorite of mine, and when I return to the world of those two amphibian friends, as an adult, it is with the happy feeling of coming home. In five brief selections, we see Frog dragging a very reluctant Toad out of the house one snowy Winter ...more
Kellee
Going to go see the play, so thought we should pregame since Trent didn’t know who Frog or Toad were. Now he’s a fan!
n
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: formative-faves
find me ONE better book i dare u
Chris
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I loved this one when I was a baby, especially the part where Toad is covered in ice cream. It's exactly how I want my life to be.
Susan Mortimer
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 4-8
Shelves: lis-565
This third of four Frog and Toad from Arnold Lobel provides five short stories describing the adventures of two friends throughout the seasons of the year. From the time they come out of their winter’s sleep to encounter the freshness of springtime, on through to their Christmas Eve spent together, Frog and Toad remain the best of friends despite their obvious yin and yang relationship. Lobel’s beautiful and soothingly colored drawings bring to life not only the funny adventures, but the ...more
Sylvester
5* art
5* stories

This is a bit of nostalgia. I've loved these two since I was a kid. The kind of book I've just been waiting to read to Squirt. There's an understated humour in these stories that really makes him laugh. Best of all is the exploration of friendship. Squirt won't be doing half bad if he learns what a friend is from Frog and Toad.
Ryan
5. The X in Xmas is Anxiety
Emma
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-2018
This took way longer than expected as a 2 day kitchen renovation has turned into a week long half the house renovation. Good as always though!
Chance Lee
This little book has a story about Frog and Toad for every season -- winter, spring, summer, fall, and a Christmas story. I think this is the best collection in the Frog and Toad books. Each story is fun. Frog and Toad go sledding. Frog tells Toad a story of waiting for Spring. The two eat giant chocolate ice cream cones (I love the illustrations because Toad always wraps his big mouth around the ice cream). In Fall, the two rake each other's leaves secretly, but then the wind blows them away, ...more
Jessica
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We had a bound book collection of Frog and Toad but this was not part of that volume. It's been fun to read some "new" stories that are not in our well loved bound volume.

Frog and Toad are just fun.

While we are using Frog and Toad to help with our new reader in the house we have been reading our children Frog and Toad probably since they were two. Fun for any age.
Danielle
I am an ESL teacher for children and this is a great book for those who are learning to read English. The language is simple but entertaining. I use it in my classes with children ranging in age from 5 to 13 and it is well received, the students can practice reading a book but also build their confidence in their English proficiency which helps them progress more quickly.
Alex
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book because I like winter. I also enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Frog and Toad went down a hill on a sled.
Zoey
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked learning about the seasons!
Emmalyn
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book to read ALL YEAR
Lissa
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals
The story I am reviewing from Frog and Toad All Year is Frog and Toad: Ice Cream. Both Frog and Toad wanted some ice cream, so Toad said he be right back and went off to get some ice cream. Toad didn't take into consideration that it was hot outside and the ice cream would melt by the time he got back to Frog. Toad was a mess by the time he got back, so in the end they both went to the ice cream store got some more ice cream and ate it right there under a tree. This is a fun story all about ...more
Annie
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you've read the first two books in the Frog and Toad series, by now you and your child are hooked!

This book, published in 1976, is the third of four books about Frog and Toad, written by Arnold Lobel. This book has five stories, starting and ending with Winter tales.

As usual, Toad is a bit negative and nervous, while Frog is calm, positive and dedicated to being a very good friend to Toad.

In "Down the Hill", Frog gets Toad to come outside and try sledding down a hill with him. Toad goes
Brian Garthoff
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I ever read. It was thrilling.*

*CRITICAL UPDATE: Upon further inspection, I have lowered my review of 5 stars to 4 stars. I was maybe 5 years old when I originally read this collection, and while I did appreciate it once more at 30, I could not allow it to further maintain it’s highly coveted 5 star status. I was simply to caught up in the nostalgia and this being my first book. It was a decision made out of pure emotion, rather than a critical eye, and undoubtedly one I
David
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad #3) by Arnold Lobel is a classic beginning reader about two friends through the seasons: Frog who is optimistic and Toad who is pessimistic. Down The Hill features a classic Toad panic attack. The Corner is sweet. Ice Cream is quite funny. The Surprise is ironic. Christmas Eve is worried Toad at his best.

Themes include friendship and seasons. The text is large font, the dialog is easy to read, and there's sufficient word repetition for beginning and
Alana
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
March 2019
So apparently I always read this book in the pre-Spring season, and with my niece! Still a sweet little story of some friends who love each other, despite one of them being rather a pessimist. I need to read the other stories in this series.

April 2017

I'd read the Frog and Toad books years ago and just loved them! Read this one to my niece today, and I'd forgotten what sweet stories they are! I loved the pictures and reading the simple words to her. These really are timeless stories,
Matthew Eisenberg
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Frog and Toad are THE BEST. Frog and toad are best friends experiencing life in each other's company, and almost every one of these short stories contains warmth, hilarity, and communicates a positive lesson. Every Frog and Toad book is uber-entertaining and totally endearing, and I love the illustrative style. Honestly, it's difficult to believe that anyone has ever given a Frog and Toad book less than 5 stars.
Twee
Sep 02, 2009 rated it liked it
This is the first Frog and Toad book that I've read. The storylines were okay, but it was Frog and Toad's friendship that hooked me to the book. I thought it was great how Frog and Toad did things for each other without asking for anything in return. A friendship like theirs is one that is rarely seen. How many of us would go to someone's house, rake their leaves, and never say a word to the other person about it? I know I wouldn't keep my mouth shut.
Jess
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
June 2017 - I think Ben gets Frog & Toad better each time we read one. I love the humor, and I had a sudden realization that my husband is a lot like Toad...Does that make me Frog?

June 2019 - Ben knows all the stories pretty well after listening to the audio book on repeat - I think "Ice Cream" might be his favorite in this one.
Evan
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I liked when Toad thought Frog was lost in the hole and cold, wet, and hungry. I liked the Toad when he got ice cream all over him. I liked the story when he was a little guy and he found the end of the world where the sun was.

I liked when the bird said to Toad, "You are all alone." Then he got mad.
Libby
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My 6-year old read this to me. He giggled at how silly they are while he was reading. It can be hard to find an easy reader story that is also interesting, and this one fits the bill. We will be reading the other Frog and Toad books.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This was claimed in an old kid's diary as my favorite book, mentioned together with some other Frog and Toad books.
Lelandic
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A sweet interaction between two friends: one chipper, the other stodgy. An easy reader for beginners with simple story lines.
Jan 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is my kids' favorite book. All four of them gather around and ask me to read it, particularly the story about the melting chocolate ice cream. Frog and Toad are awesome!
REDD
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart warming easy read for all seasons.

• Amelia Bedelia and the Surprise Shower (Amelia Bedelia, #3)
  • Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile
  • Curious George Goes to the Hospital
  • A Pocket for Corduroy
  • Danny and the Dinosaur
  • Little Bear's Friend (Little Bear, #3)
  • Bread and Jam for Frances
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room
  • Madeline and the Bad Hat
  • Miss Nelson Is Back (Miss Nelson, #2)
  • A Bargain for Frances
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Little Bear (Little Bear, #1)
  • Babar the King
  • Curious George Rides a Bike
  • Madeline's Rescue
  • Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3)
  • Curious George
Arnold Stark Lobel was a popular American author of children's books. Among his most popular books are those of the Frog and Toad series, and Mouse Soup, which won the Garden State Children's Book Award from the New Jersey Library Association.

Frog and Toad (5 books)
  • Frog and Toad are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • Frog and Toad Together (Frog and Toad, #2)
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Frogs and Toads All Sang