Start by marking “Marketing 3.0: From Products to Customers to the Human Spirit” as Want to Read:
Marketing 3.0: From Products to Customers to the Human Spirit

Marketing 3.0: From Products to Customers to the Human Spirit

Understand the next level of marketing The new model for marketing-Marketing 3.0-treats customers not as mere consumers but as the complex, multi-dimensional human beings that they are. Customers, in turn, are choosing companies and products that satisfy deeper needs for participation, creativity, community, and idealism.

In Marketing 3.0, world-leading marketing guru Phili
Published March 30th 2010 by Wiley (first published September 2007)

Eustacia Tan
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
After reading fiction for so long, I (strangely) craved some non-fiction to read. I guess it's all those rom-com novels finally affecting my brain. But no matter, my friend's dad (books now gravitate towards me ^^) lent me this really interesting book: marketing 3.0

Marketing 3.0 is divided into three simple parts - trends, strategy and application. The essence of marketing 3.0 is that now, customer's are involved and they want more - like environmental considerations. So, the marketer must learn
Pradit Pinyopasakul
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
In contrast to capitalism, I do support the concept of this book, that the new era is value driven. The business in this era should be good corporate citizenship or "Social Business Enterprise (SBE)". Consumers become Prosumers and play important role in Collaborative Marketing. The authors believe that people will support business with true Corporate Social Responsibility, and that finally the profits will follow. This can stem from Core Values of the organization that are shared among all stak ...more
Butch
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Some good concepts but mostly environmental propaganda.
Jeffrey Williams
Dec 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Philip Kotler has a storied career as a marketing instructor having written several key textbooks in the past. Unfortunately, compared to his other writings, this one is a disappointment. There isn't much new to Marketing 3.0 except for adding consumer voices through social media to the mix. While he tries to make it sound like it is fresh, there isn't much to differentiate it with what he calls Marketing 1.0 and Marketing 2.0. It's just a different way of retelling the same thing.
Ahmet Dayanıklı
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marketing 3.0 is a great book for who wants to understand the evolution of marketing discipline. However, this book was published nearly in the beginning of the digital marketing era and in order to see the big picture advised to read Marketing 4.0 too.

Basically, the author divides marketing into 3 sections.

Marketing 1.0 (1950-1960) had the industrial revolution in the core and marketing was mostly about product development. The goal of the marketing was "standardize&scale". This period name
Joseph Theyos
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well planned book ....It show how time and ideas have changed the way of business in the world .
It talk about the mind frame of customer and how people are updating themself to the changes and how to be open minded when it come to change so that we are not left behind ...few more examples needed ....it gives great information on marketing and how to handle every situation ... planning to continue reading marketing 4.0
Alex Stender
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
If you haven't read Kotler, you don't know about marketing.
Denny
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the concept is really good. marketing have so many choice and the best choice is honesty
E
Aug 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marketing with social purpose

This book may revitalize tired marketing aficionados who are weary of the same old approaches. They will welcome the authors’ contention that their field is entering a new, transformational phase. Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya and Iwan Setiawan explain the tremendous commercial and social potential of “Marketing 3.0,” their name for a tactic that emphasizes reaching consumers by pursuing values that matter to them, like sustainability, public service and philant
Shawn Buckle
Marketing 3.0 is about a transition from 1.0 - product marketing - to 2.0 - information technology/knowledge-based economy - to a holistic approach, which includes the customer as a human. Now don't let that steer you away from the book - Kotler makes his case without a granola-bar and pair of Birkenstocks.

His main argument is that along with traditional aspects like price and quality, a consumer's purchase decision now encompasses the idea that business must contribute to society. He uses case
Agus Jakarta
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting book that tell about how a company can become a human centric company by implementing the Marketing 3.0 concept.
Company needs to pay attention to three building blocks of Marketing 3.0 which are Collaborative Marketing, Cultural Marketing, and Spiritual Marketing.
In the future, marketing practical will also based on three new base such as Co-creation, Communitization, and Character building.
In the end, this book give us 10 Marketing Credo that we can follow in order to implement t
Asher Wen
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kotler, Kartajaya and Setiawan outline a new and bold vision of marketing to the human spirit - appealing to the increasing emphasis on values and actualization rather than simple transactions and functional benefits.

They proceed to argue that marketing that is focused on values actually bring more profitability and equity to companies than traditional marketing that is focused on products or customers.

As a young marketeer, this book makes me believe that businesses indeed has the ability to t
Cristiane Zaninelli
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marketing is in constant development, like human being and life. In this book, Kotler shows us that we cannot use old concepts to deal with new consumers. People want to be respected in their entirety - mind, soul and heart. They want to do business with companies worried about to make the world better. They are looking for jobs that provide sense of making difference. Marketing 3.0 highlights the importance of comprehend people values, and try to insert them in the business environment.
Hjalti Rognvaldsson
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Marketing 3.0 by Phillip Kotler is kind of boring. It's definitely an attempt to tap into the movement towards sustainability. If anyone should read it it's managers in big corporations who are trying to put together a CSR strategy for their brand.

I wrote a review of this book on my blog - Coffee & Reviews. Click the link to read the full review: http://www.coffeeandreviews.com/revie...
Balachandar Kaliappan
Marketing 3.0 by Philip Kotler, Hermanwan Kartajaya and Iwan Setiawan throws lights on how companies should move in the current scenario. The core concept Marketing 3.0 is about values based marketing and those values are nowadays embodied in "Sustainable development". This book tells us step by step procedures to inculcate the values into the organization. It starts from the customers, employees, stakeholders, and channel partners.
Shorel Kleinert
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Cause marketing". Corporate social responsibility. Social value-add. People aren't hustling buying a product. They are investing in change agents. Biggest takeaway: supplying meaning is the future value proposition in marketing. How does my product transform lives and how do I tell that story? Because that is what people are buying once they reach middle class.
Felicitas Träumer
I'm utterly disappointed by this one. If you are a thinking marketing professional who has not lived on another planet for the last couple of years, this book brings no additional value to you since there is nothing new in it. However, if you are not into marketing AT ALL, this is a nice read that tells you about marketing's history and how it should work nowadays.
Samantha Brown
Sep 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Definitely some good nuggets, but not as ground-breaking as I had expected. Overall, the majority of the credos need to brought to life at the corporate level. So hard to apply to my day-to-day, working on a (respectively) smaller brand.
Epoy ariza
Mar 27, 2011 is currently reading it
this is not just a book but a razor to slice and open your mind about how to survive in marketing

selling is not only about your product but how you will understand your consumer's dream and wish..

bravo!!

Nisal Lakmal
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the greatest book of Kotler, His prediction capability on marketing filed in amazing, Also anyone who reading this should give more attention to Green marketing model. Quite good examples and explanations regarding Green marketing!
Tara
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was too text book like for me to actually enjoy it.
Desmond Chow
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great insight, interesting perspective.
Pearpilaimas Laowiriyakarn
Spiritual Handbook for marketer.
Inspiring Marketing book for everyone.
Mateus
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book for everyone who works with marketing or wish to learn the new era Marketing is coming in.
Damla Kaan
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
To be updated about marketing, you must read that.
Megan
Believe it or not, I'm not reading the Indonesian paperback. Rather, I'm reading the English hardcover. Shocking I know.

Good read so far.
Ilman Fajar Ramadhan
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
It makes me feel the marketing :)
Zora
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Need a little knowledge to understand this one, marketing professionals don't wanna miss this.
Sandeep Pal
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Strategic marketing explained in very simple and less number of words compared to a regular marketing textbook.
Yutaka
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is very innovative marketing text! It explains the importance of social media marketing.

• Adland: A Global History of Advertising
  • The Social Media Marketing Book
  • The End of Marketing as We Know It
  • Kellogg on Branding: The Marketing Faculty of the Kellogg School of Management
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Strategic Brand Management
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Facebook Marketing for Dummies
  • Managing Content Marketing: The Real-World Guide for Creating Passionate Subscribers to Your Brand
  • Putting the Public Back in Public Relations: How Social Media Is Reinventing the Aging Business of PR
  • Marketing in Venus
  • Marketing Myopia
  • Managing Brand Equity: Capitalizing on the Value of a Brand Name
  • The Fall of Advertising and the Rise of PR
  • MKTG
  • The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff: Tap Online Social Networks to Build ... Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff
  • The Marketing Agency Blueprint: The Handbook for Building Hybrid Pr, Seo, Content, Advertising, and Web Firms
  • The Experience Economy: Work Is Theater & Every Business a Stage
Professor Kotler's book, Marketing Management, is the world's most widely used graduate level textbook in marketing. His other textbooks include Principles of Marketing and management: An Introduction and they are also widely used around the world.
Kotler developed new concepts in marketing including atmospherics, demarketing, megamarketing, turbomarketing and synchromarketing. He believes that mar