Start by marking “Annie and Snowball and the Dress-up Birthday” as Want to Read:
Annie and Snowball and the Dress-up Birthday

Annie and Snowball and the Dress-up Birthday

(Annie and Snowball)

Annie and her pet bunny, Snowball, love living next door to Annie's favorite cousin, Henry and his dog, Mudge. Whether it's playing Frisbee or watching old movies, there's no shortage of fun to be had when these four are together.

Annie's birthday is coming up, and she can't wait to invite Henry and Mudge over for a dress-up party. But when the guests arrive, it's Annie w

Published April 24th 2007 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about Annie and Snowball and the Dress-up Birthday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Annie and Snowball and the Dress-up Birthday

Kathryn
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
So cute! I love Rylant's Henry and Mudge: The First Book series and I guess you could say this is the "girl version" of that series as here we feature Annie and her cute white bunny, Snowball. But, it turns out Annie is Henry's cousin and they live next door to one another, so we still get some Henry and Mudge here, too.

Annie is a girl after my own heart; she loves to dress up and have an elegant birthday party, she gets a tea cup for her birthday, and she lives in a very sweet yellow house wit
Heidi Burkhart
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is adorable. Thank you, Cynthia Rylant for your wonderful books!
Ann
Annie's going to have a birthday, and she wants everyone to dress up! Her, her dad, her best friend and their dog and even Annie's bunny! But, Annie fails to mention what *type* of dress up she means... Will her party soar or suffer because of it?

I kept reading thinking, "I really shouldn't love this so much - but I do!" There's something incredibly sweet and endearing about this little book. There's a timeless feel, and it's overflowing with love and respect and kindness, without being annoying
Rosa Cline
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, birthday, kids
When Annie's birthday came around she wanted just her family at her party she wanted it to be a dress up party where she wore her prettiest dress, gloves, patton shoes etc and her daddy wear a tux. She was excited to have her cousin Henry and his mom and dad and dog Mudge to come as well. BUT Henry thought dress up meant costumes! So when Annie opened the door to see mummy, gypsy etc at her door they all had to laugh at the mix up. Was a fun book to read out loud to my adult special needs son.
Mosley Allen
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Funny, entertaining and educational. A great book for learning to read.
Alex
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book because I like bunnies. I also enjoyed this book because I liked the part when it was Annie's birthday and Annie had a dress-up birthday for her birthday.
Jean Marie
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: transitional
I liked this story because I felt the author did a great job of representing family. Annie loved hanging out with her family as well as her cousin, and their pets. I also have a pet dog that I love, and its always great to connect to stories involving animals. No matter a reader's age, I think its always great to connect to any type of story especially involving animals. Children really connect to animal stories but I think adults do a lot of times as well.

I think this would be a great read alo
Dawn
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Annie lives with her father and her pet rabbit, Snowball. Her cousins and best friends, Henry and Mudge, live next door, and they always get together and play. When it’s time for Annie’s birthday, she decides she wants to have a fancy dress-up party and plans to wear her nicest dress, tights, and shoes. When she tells Henry about the dress-up party, he misinterprets it as “costume party”, so he and his parents show up in various costumes. They all have a laugh about the mix-up and get on with th ...more
Ashley Steele
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Annie and her bunny rabbit snowball plan her fun-filled birthday party. She only wants her rabbit, father, uncle, aunt, cousin Henry and his dog Mudge to attend. Her cousin, Henry lives next door and they all love to play together. The day before her birthday she calls Henry and tells him to dress up for the party. Her birthday party has arrived; Annie is dressed in a beautiful ball-room dress, she puts big bows on her rabbit, and her dad wears a tux. When her family arrives; they are dressed in ...more
Linda
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was looking for a book to give my young niece for her birthday. I found the perfect book--Cynthia Rylant's book, Annie and Snowball and the Dress-Up Birthday. I knew that Rylant wrote the fun, Henry and Mudge books, but this series was new to me. In this particular book, Annie, her pet Snowball, and her dad are getting ready for her birthday party. What ensues is a fun story with wonderful and colorful illustrations! I really enjoyed it! I will have to check out other books for girls by this a ...more
Kayla Walton
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-for-peanut
My daughter adores the Henry and Mudge book series. We had come across the cousin Annie plots recently and I was pleased to find out that Annie and Snowball have their own series. This was the perfect length/difficulty for us to read together. I'll be seeking out more of this series since my daughter enjoyed this one so much.
Katie Stow
Jan 31, 2017 added it
Shelves: reading-350
This book is about a little girl who is planning her birthday party. She wants everyone to dress up fancy, but her guests misunderstand her and dress up in costumes. They have a good time together anyway. I really like this book. Something that stood out to me was that Annie didn't have a mother. I think some children can relate to that and will appreciate it.
Dolly
Sep 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2009, childrens, pets, birthday
This is another fun story by Cynthia Rylant, with a fun mix up during Annie's birthday party. Our girls enjoy all of Cynthia Rylant's books and they really like the Annie and Snowball series. We've read this one a few times.
Melissa Sommer
Annie and her pet bunny, Snowball, love living next door to Annie's favorite cousin. She invited Henry and Mudge over for a dress-up party for her party. I liked this book because it has a plot kids will be interested in. Also, beginning readers will enjoy the problem solving in this book.
Libby
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We like Annie and Snowball almost as much as Henry and Mudge around our house, but this one has been a particular hit. Annie plans a "dress-up" birthday with her family, but her idea of dress-up and Henry's don't quite match up. The results are both fancy and crazy, and my kids laugh every time.
Amy Brown
Feb 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Annie is Henry's cousin. She has a birthday party and tells everyone to dress up. While she dresses up in her fine clothes, everyone else dresses up in costumes.
Terrah
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Violet LOVES this series.
Danette
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Read with Naomi.
Kimberly
Apr 20, 2015 rated it liked it
A nice, wholesome, silly story.
Nora
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
MCL.
Betsy
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-readers
Even though we love Henry and Mudge around here, my daughter has a fondness for pink, dressing up, and Annie and Snowball!
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheryl by: Friends of the Library
A delightful tale of a misunderstanding about dress-up. Very respectful treatment of families made this even better. (Single parenting-dad). Definitely a keeper.
Gail
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
I'm surprised my four year old didn't request more readings of this. We'll probably cycle back on this series when she learns to read.
Sheila
Dec 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A spin-off from the Henry and Mudge series, this was the first book I read in the Annie and Snowball series.
Leiera Monae
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-teens
Children's Reading Adventures Book Club, Summer 2014

*D.E.A.R. Time -- Read with 7 year olds*

06.02.2014
Karen
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
The text was pretty story, and the story telling was decent, but the illustrations just didn't draw me in to the book. I guess overly cartoonish really aren't my style.
Rhiannon

• Mouse and Mole: A Winter Wonderland
  • Don't Worry Bear
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • Dragon's Merry Christmas
  • Fly Guy vs. the Flyswatter! (Fly Guy, #10)
  • What Is Chasing Duck? (The Giggle Gang, #1)
  • Emma Kate
  • Go, Otto, Go!
  • Bathtime for Biscuit
  • Penny and Her Song
  • A Pussycat's Christmas
  • My Pony
  • Snail & Worm Again (Snail & Worm, #2)
  • Take Care, Good Knight
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more

Annie and Snowball (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Annie and Snowball and the Prettiest House