Start by marking “Emily the Strange: Let There Be Dark (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #3 - The Dark Issue)” as Want to Read:

Emily the Strange: Let There Be Dark (Emily the Strange Dark Horse Comics Book series #3)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
There aren't many thirteen-year-olds with their own line of clothing, a series of best-selling books from Chronicle, and a firm finger on the pulse of all that is cool in the pop-culture underground. Then again, Emily always has been more than a little strange. To most people, journeying to "the dark side" might seem like a bad thing. But to Emily, the dark side is the per ...more
Published October 18th 2006 by Dark Horse Comics (first published October 17th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Emily the Strange, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emily the Strange

Shannon
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
i didn't actually know this emily strange shit were graphic novels. remember seeing the merchandise in hot topics when i was a teen. i thought it was just blatant goth marketing to teens. after reading this...ok, i still think that. it did have a cute few lines.
Holly Letson
I wasn't impressed with this series at all. I don't know what I was expecting from it, but it truly failed to meet any expectations I might have had.
Rain Misoa
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Emily fans and people intrigued in the dark!
Recommended to Rain by: Library
Shelves: graphic-novels
(Just to let you know, I am going to write the same introduction as I did in my previous Emily the Strange review because... well... that's how I started with her! XD)

Emily the Strange. Man, do we go back. I've been a fan of hers since... well, years! I've always been a fan of the macabre and the grotesque. Anything that's dark and a little spooky. I love it all! I like getting the crap scared out of me so when I discovered Emily a few years back, I was quite glad. I like the weird elements that
Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee
First off, I'm hardly the target market for this book-- which I would think would be teens and and young twenty-somethings who are feeling their oats (as my grandmother used to say). Still I found this fairly entertaining. It's totally disrespectful, poking fun at everything from God to Marilyn Manson. Still its hard to get upset as every generation has something like this -- and it's better than "Leather Nun" and Mr. Natural.

THE SKINNY:::
I laughed out loud at points, but was sort of expecting a
Emespre
Um, guessing my aunt didn't know what Emily the Strange was about when she gave me that shoulder bag. I never knew if it was an indie thing she thought I'd like or whether it was just because of the name.

It wasn't my kind of thing. The graphics seemed well done, from the little knowledge I have of them, and I enjoyed some of Emily's quips. It's kind of like the Addams Family with less spooky and more references to devil worship, though. So if you like that kind of irreverence, you'll probably re
Sue
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
the first part was a little too blasphemous for me but i enjoyed the rest of it. not as good as the second, but better than the first. will put 9th grade and up on them all. not sure if a lot of my students will get some of the references though.
Jostalady
Jun 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I wanted to like it, it is very goth-there is even a nice Manson character. I like the dark art and Emily's image is very appealing. There is just something...over the top about it that makes it stupid.
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: library, trade, graphic
I thought I would try again, but no. Still didn't gell. Mildly interesting, though.
Corinnagoodwin
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
ok... i guess
Michelle
Feb 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ya
did have Marilyn Manson and mention of butt plugs but not enough for me to give it more than one star.
Tasha
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
May 2013
areej
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Major girl crush since I was so little. The book is so dark in a very cute way, you can always go back and read it for a good laugh.
Ee
Nov 21, 2011
Lilith Knight
Apr 22, 2015
Omar
rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2009
Suvi Ahonen
Nov 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Art of Emily The Strange
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Alyxandra Harvey Collection (Drake Chronicles, #1-3; Haunting Violet, #1)
  • Birth of the Pack (Weregirls, #1)
  • The World of Alice (Alice, #1-4)
  • Pemba's Song: A Ghost Story
  • Summer (Witch Season, #1)
  • Do-Over
  • Artificial Things
  • Vertigo: Winter's Edge (Graphic Novel)
  • Vampire Kisses - Blood Relatives: Complete Edition
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
  • Mary Jane
  • Just Joking
  • On Fire: A Teen Wolf Novel
  • Salem Brownstone: All Along the Watchtowers
  • Bitten (Dangerous Girls, #1-2)
  • Rivers of London: Body Work
Reger's friend Nathan Carrico designed Emily in 1991 for a skateboard company in Santa Cruz, where Cosmic Debris was born. In his Santa Cruz garage (and later an artist warehouse in San Francisco) Reger created the designs, and with Matt Reed brought them into the fashion world by creating t-shirt designs that captured the essence of this mysterious young girl with 4 black cats. Since then, Cosmic ...more
More about Rob Reger...

Emily the Strange Dark Horse Comics Book series (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Emily The Strange: Chairman of the Bored (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #1 - The Boring Issue)
  • Emily The Strange: This Cover Got Lost (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #2 - The Lost Issue(s))
  • Emily the Strange: Rock Issue (Dark Horse Comics Series 1, Issue #4 - The Rock Issue)
  • Emily the Strange: Death (Emily the Strange: Dark Horse Series 2, #1)
  • Emily the Strange #2: The Fake Issue (Emily The Strange Vol. 1)
  • Emily the Strange #3: The Revenge Issue (Emily The Strange Vol. 1)
  • The Alone Issue (Emily the Strange #4)
  • Emily The Strange: Lost, Dark, and Boring