Start by marking “Sneezy the Snowman” as Want to Read:
Sneezy the Snowman

Sneezy the Snowman

B-R-R-R-R! AH-CHOO! Sneezy the Snowman is cold, cold, cold. To warm up, he drinks cocoa, sits in a hot tub, stands near a warm fire—and melts! But the children know just what to do to build him up again—and make him feel “just right.” Hilarity chills the air with playful mixed-media illustrations by Stephen Gilpin as Sneezy attempts to warm himself with some silly results.
Published October 1st 2010 by Two Lions (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sneezy the Snowman, please sign up.
xX_Cain_Xx yeah this is hella weird I can tell by the cover art

Start your review of Sneezy the Snowman
Archit Ojha
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A snowman is busy in getting cold! Something which he is not supposed to do!

Marvelous illustrations!
TL
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Borrowed this from Amazon for free via Prime Reading I think it was. It hasn't influenced my opinion*
---
Bit repetitive but cute:)

Drawings: 4 stars
Story/plot: 2.5 stars

I could see my little cousin liking this one, I'll have to tell Mary (her mother) about it later.
Nice read on a cold day.
Pooja
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This snowman is demanding and his wish list never seems to be fulfilled.

Loved the illustrations very much!

Mischenko
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful colorful book with a cute story about a snowman who is always cold and causes himself to melt. See how the children solve the problem!
Brandi
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I loved this book! As a story time presenter, I have to pick books that children will be drawn to and feel like they are interacting with the characters. This is definitely the best kind of book! The children love it!!! And Sneezy the Snowman, he is not too bright. The children love that it is actually the children in the story that solve his problems!!!! It is perfect for children ages 2 to 6!!!!
Danielle Zuhlke
Opening: Ask the students, "Have you ever gone outside to play in the snow?" Listen to the students' response and discuss. Then, say, "One time, I went outside to play in the snow, and then I got sick with a cold. My nose was all stuffed up and I kept sneezing. I drank hot cocoa to make myself feel warm and feel better. Have you ever had a cold and kept sneezing?" Discuss any questions or comments from the students. Then, show the cover of the story, read the title, and point to the illustration ...more
Jaksen
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read this today for my four-year old grandson. He arrived for the day with Legos, his Kindle - yes we all have them in this family; some of us have two - and about thirty-two books for me to read. :-/

So I said pick out your favorite for us to read first, and he did, this one. He said 'it's great when he melts.' Well the silly snowman does melt, whenever he drinks hot cocoa, or sits near a campfire, and does other melt-inducing things. This was the kind of book where my grandson kept looking at
Erin
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
What an excellent read-aloud for storytime! The rhymes just roll off the tongue and the pattern and repetition help the kids follow along and predict what's going to happen. I read it to a group of 3-5 year olds this morning who particularly enjoyed sneezing along with me. Super fun.
Lisa Robbins
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this book for my 8 year old to read when he was in a pinch without a book. It was a cute book about a snowman that just couldn't get warm and the kids who tried to help him. My son was thoroughly entertained and I even chuckled at what the silly snowman tried. It was a little easy reading for him (he's at the older end of his 2nd grade class) but it was enjoyable.
Miranda
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gift from my preschool teachers. Love this book.
Justin Langlois
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sneezy is bit confused as a snowman. Drinking hot cocoa, standing by a fire and sitting in a nice hot tub are not things that go over well for a man made of snow...even if he is freezing.
Michelle
Super cute
Alissa
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter, picture-books
My kids loved shouting out the repetitive parts where Sneezy just keeps melting as he tries to warm up!
Angie
I love when he jumps into the hot tub, "...I am freezing every minute. I'll find a hot tub and sit right in it." Book can be read to older children or during a class visit in the winter time.
Elizabeth
Apr 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The five year old thought it was funny and there were a lot of words he understood and he really liked it!
Chance Hansen
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The concept of this book is odd, weird even but has this charm to it. When you really look into this book there is a lot going on with it.
COVER
A big thing is that when you look at this book cover the story seems a little more abstract. (Can't really tell what is going on with the book.) (My first impression was that this was a how to get healthy book.) IT'S only when you read the book does the entire cover make total sense and it fits.
Unfortunately the back cover doesn't help supply the story
Cynthia  Gutzwiller
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sneezy was a very cold, shivering and sneezing Snowman. One of the kids had a warm hot chocolate. Sneezy drank some, then, ooops. Melted. The kids didn't know what to do. "Make Me Brand New.". Woke up sneezing. Another little girl gave him her hat. He saw a hot tub and wait for it. .. Yes. Melted. "Make Me Brand New.". He woke up sneezing. Another little boy gave him his what? Then Sneezy saw a. .what? As I always say you now get to have fun and listen/read together. Achoo!!!
This is a cute easy
Angela Lambkin
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Sneezy the Snowman ever find a solution to his sneezes?

I felt that the author did a great job in illustrating this story in more than one way, I liked it. I found it in some ways very comical of how he tried to deal with always feeling too cold, shivering, etc. and how he dealt with it each time.Therefore for these reasons I wish to recommend this ebook as a five star ebook. Which I would also like to recommend it for kids ages 6-8 and or those in grades 1st- 3rd Graders. I received this
Katie Gharrity
Author: Maureen Wright
Illustrator: Stephen Gilpin
Reading Level: 2.5
Book Level: Lower Grades

Summary: Poor Sneezy just wants to be warm, but everything he tries makes him melt.

Classroom Use: I would use this book to teach students about sentence fluency and word choice. There is repetition in sentences and sentence structure in this book. This provides the opportunity to talk with students about why the author made the choice to have this repetition and how it contributes to the story. I would
SB
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Sneezy the Snowman is a hard book for us to review. We loved the rhyming, and the overall story; however, there was something that sometimes felt "off" about the book. I'd say we liked it, but it definitely isn't one of our favorites. I would add that the repetition and lesson in the book are good for young children. I just wish I understood/could figure out why it isn't a "win" for us -- it has all our favorite things in a book, but it just doesn't. Maybe you will like it better than we did. :)
Thabata
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Sneezy the Snowman was built by three children. He was not like the other snowmen you may be acquainted, for he felt cold and freezing. He shivered all around and that is why he was always getting in trouble. You see, Sneezy wanted to feel the warmth of the camp fire, the delight of a hot cocoa and a nice steamy bath the problem was that each and every time he would try these things he would also melt. A funny book with beautiful drawings and a very nice dialogue and plot, it is more than worth ...more
Mikey Golczynski
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sneezy is a jerk. He literally takes the clothes off the kids' backs during the winter and doesn't think twice about it. He's also remarkably stupid for a sentient snowman. You'd think that after the Hot Cocoa (Which I guess was about to go nuclear) he would have learned and not gotten in the hot tub, or stood by a fire.

Where in the hell are you going to find an ice cream store with an open window in the middle of winter? But those are my own personal gripes.

I read this thrice to different
Kyla Lockwood
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family review

While reading to the kids i couldnt help but smile and giggle with the kids. I would love to own a print copy of this for our book collection.absolutly adorable.

Daughter Emma says: It was funny. It was a good book when he melted the puddle still spoke. Hes a funny snowman. I think hes an angel.

Daughter Bella says: I like how he was cold...and the children were sharing. "Make me Brand NEW"
Nicole
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this today for my Toddler Tales program and they loved it!! It rhymes, has repetitive actions which allows them to repeat if they are paying attention and it has humor (something I love in a children's book). Sneezy is very much like Goldilocks, he's too cold & too hot and it takes a couple times until he is just right. A great story to read around this time of year, especially if you're a snowman fan.
Jennifer Bowie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little book

My four-year-old enjoys this book. I think I’ve read it to him every night since I downloaded it. The font is small and might cause some people issues. The illustrations are good. The book flows nicely and it has some places for the kid to fill in the repeated words. Story includes sharing.
Crystal
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: future-storytime
I kind of like the rhyme but the content and illustrations were a bit creepy. And also, Sneezy keeps getting clothes and he says they go very well together but he ends up with a pink hat, a red and blue scarf, and an orange coat. I think Sneezy needs to learn some color coordination. (And yes, I know I'm being nitpicky and silly but that honestly did kind of bother me.)
Mrsmaxwell919
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly, this is the best of all the “snowman” books out there for young children. It’s adorable. The vocabulary is perfect. It can be used to teach sequence, problem/solution, and retelling. The repeated phrases pull kids in and add to the fun.

Overall, this is just an outstanding picture book that should be in every primary classroom.
Kathryn Bergeron
Summary: This is the story of Sneezy, a not very bright snowman who keeps melting. Think of him as Olafesque.

Review: Well, I looked at this for my storytime, and I think that it would terrify 2 yo, so probably not. I do think that older kids would enjoy it, because the fact that the snowman keeps melting is pretty hilarious.
Jackie
Sneezy the Snowman is oh-so-cold, but everything he does to warm up (drink cocoa, sit by the fire, jump in the hot tub), causes him to disappear. The children come up with an idea that's just right!
Kate Wilburn
This was pretty cute. Somewhat repetitive for me, but my son seems to enjoy the repetitive stories more! It was a nice subtle lesson in sharing and taking care of your friends. We loved reading it on the iPad, the illustrations are well done as well.

• Mabel and the Sock Pirates
  • You Get What You Get
  • Turkey Trouble
  • The Ninjabread Man
  • A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)
  • What If Everybody Did That?
  • That's (Not) Mine