Start by marking “Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future” as Want to Read:
Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future

Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
How would like to spot future trends before the competition?

We all know the rules for success in our business or professions, yet we also know that these rules--paradigms--can change at any time. What Joel Barker does in Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future is explain how to spot paradigm shifts, how they unfold, and how to profit from them. Through the power
Published May 26th 1993 by HarperBusiness

Samir Dhond
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
I found this book inspiring and insightful as well. All of us grow with our painted pictures of how we look at the world and as we work around be it in our community or in the corporate world, we get influenced highloyby these painted pictures of the world. We all have own paradigms and those need to be looked at from time to time. I foudn this book captivating because it induces everyone to look at their own paradigms first and leaves the decision to shift them to the reader.
Anna Epishcheva
Last part, with the "new paradigms" looks dated (and maybe even sad) and I think these concepts are very well understood now, but for me was interesting to read it and see the connections and empowerment with "blackswanish" stuff and TRIZ, and off course now I have best example of limitation of futuristic thinking with Sony Walkman electronic book.
Matthew
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Probably seminal back in the day. Now the concept is widely understood. This book is very easy to read because it has only one simple idea. Probably a good monograph, expanded into a book.
Lacey
Jan 11, 2011 rated it liked it
While written from a business perspective, I found that this book had many applications for all aspects of life.

The book was an easy read, but could have been half the length.
Shawn Fisher
Jun 29, 2014
Jarrod
Aug 30, 2012
Joshua
rated it did not like it
Oct 22, 2016
Aug 31, 2016
Kevin Beasley
Oct 20, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Profit Zone: How Strategic Business Design Will Lead You to Tomorrow's Profits
  • The Pursuit of Wow!: Every Person's Guide to Topsy-Turvy Times
  • 1001 Ways to Market Your Books: For Authors and Publishers
  • Mind Set!: Reset Your Thinking and See the Future
  • Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction
  • The Art Of The Long View:  Planning For The Future In An Uncertain World
  • The Success System That Never Fails
  • Selling the Dream
  • The Inner Game of Work: Focus, Learning, Pleasure, and Mobility in the Workplace
  • Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book
  • Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, and Outnegotiate Your Competition
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • Use Both Sides of Your Brain: New Mind-Mapping Techniques
  • The Brand Called You: The Ultimate Personal Branding Handbook to Transform Anyone into an Indispensable Brand
  • Dangerous Company: The Consulting Powerhouses and the Businesses They Save and Ruin
  • Andy Grove: The Life and Times of an American