Start by marking “Sinsajo (Los juegos del hambre, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sinsajo (Los juegos del hambre, #3)

Sinsajo

(The Hunger Games #3)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  2,050,264 ratings  ·  98,866 reviews
¡Que empiecen los septuagésimo sextos Juegos del Hambre!

Katnis Everdeen ha sobrevivido dos veces a Los Juegos del Hambre, pero no está a salvo. La revolución se extiende y, al parecer, todos han tenido algo que ver en el meticuloso plan, todos excepto Katniss. Aun así su papel en la batalla final es el más importante de todos. Katniss debe convertirse en el Sinsajo, en e
Published September 2nd 2010 by Molino (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sinsajo, please sign up.
Kathryn I cried tears of happiness that I was finally done with this boring book.
Booklover456 I don't really cry during books. Only like in If I Stay, or Eclipse, my eyes just fill with tears. Mockingjay had this raw, powerful feeling to it.…moreI don't really cry during books. Only like in If I Stay, or Eclipse, my eyes just fill with tears. Mockingjay had this raw, powerful feeling to it. Catching fire was the best though ;)(less)

·  2,050,264 ratings  ·  98,866 reviews

Tina
Aug 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS AHEAD!!

What. the. f***. Words can't begin to express my disappointment. I bought Mockingjay the first day it came out and I was preparing myself for a truly epic novel, one worthy of its predecessors. I loved The Hunger Games; it was fast-paced, thrilling, suspenseful. Catching Fire wasn't as good but it was still enjoyable (I was majorly impressed by the game arena). I wasn't let down by Catching Fire though; I figured it was just a transition novel, build-up to what would undoubtedly
Hope
I’m never very good at predicting outcomes. Nothing I could’ve predicted would have been quite as good as this. Although I did get close (a very distant "close") on a few things, and I was right in saying that it wouldn’t be walking through a field of flowers and sunshine.

A book like this just couldn’t be.

It's good, and yet not good. Because it’s good in a very heartbreaking, chilling, haunting, intense way.

Katniss is a different person from the first two books. I found her softer, more thought
Tatiana
Dec 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who prefers to think instead of obsessing over love triangles
Update 11/28/14. So, of course I had to read it again after getting only half of the story from the Mockingjay movie. Unsurprisingly, cried and cried again. My feelings basically remain the same about this installment. Structurally, the novel is quite messy. There is such a big game going on and Katniss' motivations and actions don't always make sense to me. But the ending is brilliant, especially the final chapters.

I need something to cheer me up ASAP.

Let's face it, a series is only as good a
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF AN ENDING IS THAT?! SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF AN ENDING IS THAT?

Ok, short summary. This is day 3 of my Hunger Games binge after I watched the last movie last Saturday without knowing anything about the books and not having watched any of the movies. First book. Awesome. Second book. Glorious. Third book. FUUUUUUUU *wails out something that sounds like "fuck you, Peeta!!!!!!"*

So now I know what a Mockingjay is (and I can probably eat it), I know who Coin is, I know wh
Annalisa

Well, hmmm. I'm not sure how to react to Mockingjay. I didn't love it and I'm not sure it satisfied me, but it was a disturbing read that will stick with me. Sadly, I can't say that I'll be recommending the series as fervently as I did after reading The Hunger Games. Not that the series isn't good, but I'm not longer sure it's for the masses of YA readers.

Like Catching Fire, Mockingjay took awhile for me to get into. When the pages turned into the triple digits and I wasn't hooked, I go
Kiki
Michelle
i NEVER thought i'd ever rate this book below a 5...but here i am....and the only reason i gave it a three even is because the first two books of the hunger games were just SO GOOD they brought this one up...by three stars. honestly, i’ve waited so long for mockingjay to come out. i practically peed my pants on august 24th and now that i’ve finally finished the book (thanks to a full day of obsessive reading-meals not included) all i can feel is…annoyance. annoyance and disappointment. annoyance ...more
Jayna
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jayson
(B+) 78% | Good
Notes: Rather than tell an interesting story, it’s meant above all to repulse us into reflection on the cruelty and horror of war.
Kat Kennedy
This review has spoilers!

Bitches...

What were you doing when you were 16? Checking your boobs each morning to see if the Boob Fairy had paid you a visit? Sneaking out of the house to the park down the street where you and your six friends would share a single can of beer and pretend you're drunk? Making out? Homework? Fighting with your parents? Watching scary movies?

Katniss is sixteen years old and she's been in two Hunger Games, fighting against twenty-odd opponents to the death. Then she becom
Kaela
Dec 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heather
Dec 04, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
How do I begin to convey my disappointment? I suppose it all comes down to expectations and as mine were not met, I feel vastly underwhelmed, and a little bit devastated. When I read HungerGames, I was enthralled. I thought Katniss was intelligent, resourceful, and displayed tremendous strength in character. Moreover, Katniss’s arc appeared to parallel with the overall arc of the story/series. As Katniss grew more bold, so did the remaining characters and the uprising initiative. I expected this ...more
karen
Mar 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: why-yes-i-ya
these are the things i have done for this book:

i have given up my birthday, waiting in line from 5 until its midnight release, braving the crowds and noise and commotion...

i have missed my subway stop and ended up taking the crappy way into work...

i have seriously considered calling out of work to sit at home and finish it...

i have read in elevators, while walking down the street, walking up the stairs, while eating dinner without even tasting it...

i have rushed my beloved dawn powell's book, ra
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
Here's seven reasons why this trilogy sucks:

1. Katniss has the personality of a vegetable

2. Peeta is a needy little baker boy

description

I’ll never get over how the author can justify his camouflage techniques born as a result from his cake decorating experience……

description

3. The world is completely unacceptable and unbelievable.

No collective nation would be so morally depraved as to watch the murder of children for entertainment; I cannot accept this idea.

4. This book did not make me think, as everything is on
Mike (the Paladin)
Below is my original review. I'm leaving it as it's still essentially how I feel still. I have however decided that the overall story of the book rates a higher rating than I originally gave (you'll see below). The biggest problem for me was that Katniss seemed to grow some throughout the first and the second book, yet slid back and forth/up and down throughout this. I just didn't think it was still Katniss in some ways.

To each of course and I'd say try it yourself and see how you feel/what you
Meredith Holley
I guess, sometimes our emotional bones need to be re-broken in order to set them right. Maybe this was a common experience for those who read this book, but a lot of its most emotional points were like reading a bizarre dream about the last few years of my own life. I’m not going to go into it because that would be, like, an unacceptable amount of over-share, even for me. That’s just to say that I have no ability to be objective about it. This story: real or not real?

I love Mockingjay like I lov
Nataliya

All Katniss really wants is to not be "a piece in their games". But nobody apparently got the memo. Once again, she is a pawn in somebody's power games. Same shit, different day. Only the Gamemakers have changed.

The above are synonymous in the eyes of the Capitol. Or District 13, for that matter.

Even free from the clutches of the Capitol, Katniss still has a role to play - whether she wants it or not. This time it's Mockingjay, the face of the rebellion she unwittingly helped to bring. But the p
Mohammed Arabey
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

أهلا بك في نهاية أهم ملحمات الديستوبيا في العصر الحديث

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.”

"هل تأتي، هل تأتي الي الشجرة
حيث علقوا منها رجلا يقال أنه قتل ثلاثة
أشياء غريبة حدثت هنا ولكن لن يحدث الأغرب
في حال تقابلنا هنا بمنتصف الليل، عند مشنقة الشجرة"

الحبكة التي يراها البعض خطرا علي بعض انظمة الحكم

أحداث ثورية واقعية علي نظام فاسد ديكتاتوري، يمتص جهد شع
Melissa ♥♫
Dec 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~Poppy~
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You love me. Real or not real?"
"Real.”

"Friend. Lover. Victor. Enemy. Fiancee. Target. Mutt. Neighbor. Hunter. Tribute. Ally. I'll add it to the list of words I use to try to figure you out.”

“Stay with me.
Always.”

Baine
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"THERE IS NO DISTRICT 12."
Period. End of sentence. End of story. Biggest. Cliffhanger. Ever.
Oh. my. gosh.

I CANNOT WAIT!!! August 24... Someone could tell me the world was ending August 23rd and i'd say, no it isn't! Mockingjay isn't out yet, stupid! The world can't end! What about August 25th? Hah! well i'll have red it by then, so im good.

Was it just me or did everyone else frantically flip the pages after finishing Catching Fire? I was like,
NOOOO! That cannot be how she ended it! DANG that wa
Penny
Updated! November 25, 2014 New 2nd addendum below the 1st addendum. Further thoughts/explanations as to why I gave this book five stars at the end of the original review. Warning: addendum contains some spoilers.

I've thought long and hard as to how I should review this book. For starters I feel I need to say upfront, this book is not for everyone. Mockingjay is the darkest book of the Hunger Games trilogy, containing excess violence, brutality and ugliness. People die. It would be naive to expe
Khurram
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a page turner; the revolution is in full swing. Katniss must accept the responsibility of becoming the Mockingjay the symbol of the revelation. The main problem I have with this book is similar to the first book many of the battle scenes do not make sense to me, they are as confused as Katniss' mental state. As interesting as the book was to read I just could not give it 5 stars simply for the confusion of so many of the scenes. Other thing that do not make sense is the rebels are u ...more
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One taught me pain
Maureen
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series will never get old for me - it's fantastic.
I like the ending a lot better after rereading it I have to say!
★ Jess
Jan 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of 'The Hunger Games' and 'Catching Fire'
Spoilers.

When I first read 'Mockingjay' I was a silly little fourteen year old, drunk up on the fast paced action and immediate danger Katniss faced in the first two novels. Given her weakness and exclusion from important events, not to mention my almost 12 month wait for its release, I was bitterly disappointed.

Perhaps, reading now, I appreciate Mockingjay more because of my lower expectations. Perhaps it is because I can look at it in a new light. Perhaps its both.
I will not delete my origin
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
2013 edit: Time can do a lot to influence my opinion of books. In some cases, time goes on and I end up appreciating a book more than I did originally, like Ender's Game or The Great Gatsby. But in other cases, time actually diminishes my opinion of certain books.
I'm so sick of all this HG-movie hype. Seriously. Ms. Collins' novels were thought-provoking, but not *that* much. I'm left to wonder if I read the same books as everyone else. Collins' writing style doesn't have that much depth. And I
Arlene
There is so much I love and despise about this book and my brain is still in a mindfog trying to sort out some of the catastrofuck that just occurred. But first and foremost I must say… hats off to Suzanne Collins for penning an epic finale of courageous and daring proportions!! Wow she really spared no expense in ending The Hunger Games series with a final installment that will leave a lasting impression! Collins is without a doubt FEARLESS.

I am still in complete and absolute shock as I contem
K.D. Absolutely
Aug 24, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to K.D. by: Mo Twister (Book 1)
Shelves: ya, adventure, dystopian
Her name is Katniss Everdeen. Mockingjay. "Haba ng hair"

"Haba ng hair" literally means long hair. However, in the Philippines, it means that the girl to whom you address this is very fortunate to have many guys falling for her.

That, in this book is Katniss. She has the goodlooking hunter dude, Gale by her side and she enjoys his kisses while doing their hunting (I am not sure how they could still get animals from bomb-striken District 13) in the meadows. Over at the Capitol, is her previous co-t
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Speak
  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
  • Sapphique (Incarceron, #2)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking #3)
  • His Dark Materials (His Dark Materials #1-3)
  • White Oleander
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • Pretties (Uglies, #2)
  • UnSouled (Unwind, #3)
  • Outside In (Insider, #2)
  • In the Belly of the Bloodhound: Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #4)
  • The Other Side of Dawn (Tomorrow, #7)
  • The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors, #2)

Since 1991, Suzanne Collins has been busy writing for children’s television. She has worked on the staffs of several Nickelodeon shows, including the Emmy-nominated hit Clarissa Explains it All and The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo. For preschool viewers, she penned multiple stories for the Emmy-nominated Little B

The Hunger Games (3 books)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
“You love me. Real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real.”
26548 likes
“It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” 10924 likes