Start by marking “A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories” as Want to Read:
A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories

A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  213 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A wonderful, complete collection of Beatrix Potter's timeless tales -- with her extraordinary illustrations. Brimming with the adventures of characters that have warmed the hearts of generations of children. Tales of Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, Squirrel Nutkin, Two Bad Mice, and Jeremy Fisher. 136 full-color illustrations.
Hardcover, 1 page
Published March 28th 1984 by Gramercy (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories

Terrance Franklin
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Peter Rabbit and other stories is an anthology of 7 books created by the author Beatrix Potter. Each story has its own charm as each story focuses the adventures of many types of characters ranging from humans, animals and even dolls! Each story has an endearing main character and the illustrations fit the stories very well. Most of the Main characters are animals, with the exception of at least 1 (Mrs. Tiggy Winkle), each animal is humanized and each live in either the woods or, within the home ...more
Emily Ross
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.

I loved this book. I never really read any Beatrix Potter books as a child so the characters were mostly new to me (minus the special collectible 50 pence pieces) and they were when wonderful. The language made it feel slightly dated, but not enough so that I wouldn't want to listen again.
The narrator, Laurel Schroeder, was amazing. She modulated her voice for each character and she was amazing.
Anne
One of the few children's books I've revisited lately with my kids that has held up to the high regard I gave it as a child. I was just as enchanted with the illustrations & stories now as I was back then. I could literally see my daughter falling under the same spell, and of course everyone got much enjoyment over the copious use of "his nuts" etc in The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin. #hes9shes5 #itsinevitable
Kayleigh
Apr 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Kayleigh by: Found it in my parents' basement
Shelves: classics, children-s
I remember being mesmerized by the gorgeous illustrations in this book--the soft colors, the realistic-yet-fanciful depictions of the characters and their surroundings--when my parents read it to me as a kid. Recently I re-discovered the collection, realized I remembered more about the illustrations than about the stories themselves, and thought it might be fun to read them again. I was a little disappointed with the choppiness of Potter's prose, and the heavy-handed message of the Peter Rabbit ...more
Emily
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning Jim Weiss (as much as I love his stuff) doesn't get the characters voices right. Peter Rabbit especially sounds nothing like what I'd ever imagine. But as the stories go on, it gets better, and toward the end, some of the characters are great. My kids never seemed bothered by the odd selection for Peter's voice. They listened to these timeless stories over and over.
Marybeth
As much as I enjoyed the stories (& I did), Jim Weiss narration was very sugary & off-putting. So much so that the five year-old I was listening with asked "what is wrong with that man". I wish it had been read without the lispy character voice.
Elizabeth Bolden
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
This is the best Beatrix Potter collection ever! I still have mine from when I was a kid. It is so well loved that it is held together by tape and a prayer, but I'll never get rid of it!
Yvonne Crawford
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
love her books
Kelly Moran
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I just saw a movie about this author, it starred Renee Zellweger. Very good. But the books are classic. Great!!!
Jennifer Entwistle
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Cute animal short stories for kids that teaches some cute lessons.
Fenixbird SandS
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children
Recommended to Fenixbird by: My mother & brother
Indeed this book could have been entitled Mr. MacGregor's Garden...but the illustrations & love & intensity with which Peter ravages the garden....
Cris S.
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love Beatrix Potter's stories, always have and always will!
Hopefully will read the same book from my childhood to my future kids :)
Hiroko
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love the illustration. So cute and adorable. Also very creative. I wish I had read this when I was a kid.
Jessica
Jun 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
love this book and everything about it. i can remember everything about this story.

and thats the best part.
Marts  (Thinker)
Jan 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I remember these Peter Rabbit tales and others by Beatrix Potter being used in my elementary school first year... Oh how I enjoyed them...
Kathleen Dixon
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
What can I say?! I love these stories when I was a child; I read them to my children over and over; I'm looking forward to reading them to my grandchildren!
Erin
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
read to the kids. both love it. they like the illustrations on every page. timeless...
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
  • Thomas Edison: Young Inventor
  • Huggy Kissy
  • Lovable Lyle
  • The Real Science Behind the X Files: Microbes, Meteorites, and Mutants
  • Paddington Treasury (Paddington Bear)
  • Quiet Bunny
  • The Right to Privacy
  • Harold's Purple Crayon Treasury
  • The Art of Thinking: A Guide to Critical and Creative Thinking
  • Black Beauty / The Call of the Wild (Companion Library)
  • Baaa
  • The Random House Book of Fairy Tales
  • America the Beautiful: America the Beautiful
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a privileged household, Potter was educated by governesses, and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District developed a love of lan
More about Beatrix Potter...