Start by marking “What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way?” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
What Do You Say When a...

Golden Gate Junior Books

What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way?

(Magic Castle Readers)

Each day of the week, Little Monkey learns appropriate behavior for a variety of situations.
Published February 1st 1988 by Child's World (first published October 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way?

Start your review of What Do You Say When a Monkey Acts This Way?
Paige Smith
This is a great book about manners and growing up. The examples are about how to clean up, ask politely, and share.
Margaret Burton
This is a great book to teach children about appropriate manners. It gives fun ways for children to learn how to say "please, thank you, and much more". The illustrations are colorful and the sentences are short to hold the children's attention. I would combine this book with a lesson on manners, and provide learning activities for the children to work together on the things we've learned.
Courtney Lawson
This book had good vocabulary and illustrations for young children. The one phrase was repeated often throughout the story so child could become involved in telling the story. This would be a good book to read when teaching a young child appropriate manners.
Young
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great for children that have trouble being in public. The monkey learns different ways to handle different situations, which is funny and meaningful for children. This book is great for children that want to learn the right way to act in front of people.
Ana Maria
Book about manners.
The book teaches children how to apologize, please and thank you.
It has rhythm, and the pages are colorful and attractive to the children.
The sentences are short and simple to understand.
The props were appropriate.
Marela Carmenaty
Excellent book to children learn manners and behaviors. Clear concepts and repetitive phrases. Colorful and engaging illustrations. Children learn about days of the week and different situations through it. Children will learn how to respond to each situation using good manners.
Blanca Tello
This book showes very good examples of good manners. The illustrations are simple, but very colorful and attention grabbing. It helps when on teaching about manners and places to do the correct things.
Sandra
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Juvenile Fiction book about all the common misbehavior traits of children and those they do to each other. This book is related to Animals, Apes and social issues. Can be used to read at beginning of school year for preschoolers.
Chelsea Merkley
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this to your young child, or have them read it to you. A very sweet and powerful book about manners. Basically, it is using the idea of monkey see, monkey do, in it. I thought it was a great read for my 1st Grader.
The Book Box
Mama read this to me before bed tonight.
Maria Almaguer
I didn't like this story. Sure it does help kids with manners but it was just not entertaining to me. Maybe this is a one on one story?
Jasmine Olivia
Too wordy.
Kymberly
Cute & simple read for beginner readers.
Beverley
This is a great book for teaching children about manners and growing up. It can be used as an early reading source for children. It has great illustration and bright pictures.
Kaquana Oreiro
This is a great book to help teach children about manners. It teaches them what's appreciate and what's not. It also teaches them how to work together.

Great illustrations
Great pictures
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
early reading source for children, to learn about about action words
Kaelyn Wickline
a great book to talk about manners and how to act in public. it will open up the conversation about how the child should act. with colorful illustrations it will hold the child/s attention.
Olivia Brown
Book about manners.
It has a simple and easy to spot rhythm
The pages are colorful and attractive.
The sentences are short and simple to understand
Christine Severt
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christine by: my grandmother bought it for me
Shelves: i-own
i used to read it all the time when i was little. it is a good book for teaching manners.
William

• The Napping House
  • Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
  • My Little Book of Dinosaurs by Dougal Dixon
  • Caillou: Look and Find
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Storybook Collection
  • Biscuit
  • Today I Will Fly! (Elephant & Piggie, #1)
  • The BIG Blue Book of Beginner Books
  • Watch Out! Big Bro's Coming!
  • Otis
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
  • Looking Up!: The Science of Stargazing
  • The Peek-A-Boo Snail
  • Henry's Show and Tell
  • Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale (Knuffle Bunny, #1)
  • What Was the Titanic?
  • Kid Scientists: True Tales of Childhood from Science Superstars (Kid Legends)

Magic Castle Readers (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • A Dragon in a Wagon (Magic Castle Readers)
  • A Color Clown Comes to Town (Magic Castle Readers)
  • What Do You Do with a Grumpy Kangaroo? (Magic Castle Readers)
  • How Many Ways Can You Cut a Pie?
  • A Wish-For Dinosaur (Magic Castle Readers)
  • The Bears Upstairs (Magic Castle Readers)
  • Away Went the Farmer's Hat (Magic Castle Readers)
  • What Can We Play Today? (Magic Castle Readers)
  • Apes Find Shapes (Magic Castle Readers)
  • A Pocketful of Pets (Magic Castle Readers)