Start by marking “Shaman King, Vol. 7: Clash at Mata Cemetery” as Want to Read:
Shaman King, Vol. 7: Clash at Mata Cemetery

Shaman King, Vol. 7: Clash at Mata Cemetery

(Shaman King #7)

Yoh's spiritual journey into the caves of Izumo has boosted his mana and his confidence - and just in time, too! It's the last battle of the Shaman Fight preliminaries, and Yoh is up against Tao Ren and his Chinese warlord of an Over Soul, Bason. Ren has already killed his officiant in the qualification round, and now he is determined to teach Yoh the meaning of fear. Yoh ...more
Published September 6th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Shaman King, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shaman King, Vol. 7

Start your review of Shaman King, Vol. 7: Clash at Mata Cemetery
Bones
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangas
Aca es cuando Ren se empieza a volver mi personaje favorito. Un chico que crecio odiando todo lo relacionado con su familia, y que su proposito es tomar venganza a su propio apellido.. Poco a poco va descubriendo quien es y de todo el poder que puede llegar a tener. Solo necesita otro tipo de entrenamiento digamos.
Doc
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shaman King is rated Teen and deals with ghosts and death (including at least one unfortunate panda which may or may not have been a reanimated corpse before it meets its end) so if such things bother you or someone you considered getting this book for then you might want to reconsider.

The preliminary round of the shaman fights are upon us as Yoh meets his opponent Ren who has already murdered the Patch member that tested him before he started the tournament. We also get to see more about the
Dylan
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this volume, mostly for the ending. I almost cried. One of the main characters just had a HUGE development.
Brandon
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mango-comix
We Yu-Gi-Oh! now.

In developing the lore for this manga, Hiroyuki Takei has now begun to incorporate more elements of questionable quality. Power levels are now seen with numeric representation: shaman fighters have a spirit level akin to MP in a role-playing game, an OverSoul Point level based on the percentage of an Oversoul's formation (a complete OS being 100 OSP, for 100%), and a destroyed OS leads to a deduction of base spirit points equal to the OSP used (thus, Ren with 350 points drops
Hannah Belyea
Mar 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-only
With his Mana and spirit increased, Yoh thinks he may just be ready to face off against Tao Ren - but will his bond with Amidamaru hold up against the power of Bason the warlord? Takei gives readers a huge dose of action in this entry to the "Shaman King" series. It's warlord versus samurai in an all out duel!
Matt
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story continues with the epic battle between Yoh and Ren round 2. This was an action packed volume that contained little filler which I greatly appreciated. We also get to see a small view into Ren’s past that begins to explain why he’s such a bastard.
Lauren
Not a bad manga, just not my favorite.
Ty Ridgway
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
good book
Cristina Boncea
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this volume, Yoh and Ren' fight is pictured. Meanwhile, scenes from Ren's far away home show his sister and his father talking about him. Only one winner of this match can join further in the Shaman King competition and at the beginning, Yoh's chances are low. Gradually, Ren's mana decreases and Yoh
s mana remains stable because of his usual calm. The fight doesn't end in this volume.

I didn't notice any important difference from the anime.
Scott Lee
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yoh and Ren meet in a rematch with the very last spot in the first official round of the Shaman Fight at stake.

Yoh has grown significantly over the previous volumes, but it was kept a bit...quiet as to what exactly the impact would be. It starts to be revealed here in the comics of this volume. I like how Yoh is insisting on his own path through this volume rather than simply doing what is expected. It fits him as a character and as the story makes clear, that's the whole point.
Tonya
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
What the fuck is wrong with Tao Ren's father? Killing a panda like that.. Now I know I'm scarred for life, but squeezing that poor animal's head to the point of exploding makes any stomach turn, not to mention that I kinda screamed Bamse's name when all that shit went down. Again, I'm sorry that panda got to die in such a barbaric way..
Logan Simpson
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Really good volume!Yoh finally has to face his #1 enemy Tao Ren again.But this time,if he doesn't win,he will be out of the Shaman Fight,and never become Shaman King!

Volume 7 is definitley my favorite so far!I can not wait to get volume 8!
Ame Lia
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Il livello di interesse è un po' sceso, pare che gli avvenimenti più interessanti siano già stati trattati nei primi numeri, ora resta solo la ridondanza. Ma mai dire mai, mancano ancora parecchi numeri prima della fine della storia
Mona Loise
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yoh VS Ren. Who will win?
This volume is pretty intense!!
Dony Grayman
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ed-arg, decto
Edición argentina, séptimo tomo.
Doremili
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
La pelea contra Ren en las preliminares es una de las mas emocionantes de todas! Me encanta.
Sara
This volume has the battle between Yoh and Ren. It is not completed by the end so we will continue in the next volume.

Disturbing death of a panda bear...you have been warned.
Samantha Round
Haya
Sep 25, 2012
Ichigo Kurosaki
Sep 08, 2011

• 鬼滅の刃 2 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 2] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #2)
  • 鬼滅の刃 3 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 3] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #3)
  • 鬼滅の刃 4 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 4] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #4)
  • 鬼滅の刃 5 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 5] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #5)
  • 鬼滅の刃 6 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 6] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #6)
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 8 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 8] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #8)
  • 鬼滅の刃 7 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 7] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #7)
  • 鬼滅の刃 10 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 10] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #10)
  • 鬼滅の刃 9 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 9] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #9)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 03 [Enen no Shouboutai 3] (Fire Force, #3)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 02 [Enen no Shouboutai 2] (Fire Force, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 20 [Boku No Hero Academia 20] (My Hero Academia, #20)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 19 [Boku No Hero Academia 19] (My Hero Academia, #19)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 16 [Boku No Hero Academia 16] (My Hero Academia #16)
  • 炎炎ノ消防隊 01 [Enen no Shouboutai 1] (Fire Force, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 15 [Boku No Hero Academia 15] (My Hero Academia, #15)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 13 [Boku No Hero Academia 13] (My Hero Academia, #13)
Hiroyuki Takei (武井宏之 Takei Hiroyuki) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime Shaman King. His brother, Hirofumi Takei (武井宏文) is also a manga-ka.

Shaman King (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Shaman King, Vol. 1: A Shaman in Tokyo