Start by marking “Big Sky Standoff” as Want to Read:
Big Sky Standoff

Big Sky Standoff

LIKE A SHOWDOWN IN THE OLD WEST...THERE WOULD BE ONLY ONE MAN STANDING WHEN THE DUST CLEARED

There was a standoff brewing between Dillon Savage and cattle inspector Jacklyn Wilde. Toe to toe, they were an equal match, but together they were an imperfect pair. After four long years, they were hitting the open range again, to bring justice to a lawless land.

Attached at the hi
Published February 1st 2007 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Big Sky Standoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Sky Standoff

Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Sometimes it's good to sit down and read a book just for the sheer enjoyment of it. This book had action, suspense and romance. It didn't take long to read because the story moved pretty fast.

I liked the characters right from the start and by about midpoint through the book, I really really like Dillon.

I do wish there had been more of a description of him, though. All I really got out of it was that he had pale blue eyes.

Good read!
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Pretty good I suppose, the stubbornness of the main character got a little annoying after awhile though.
Shirley Collins
Mar 09, 2017 Shirley Collins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Big sky

I like reading books with Montana land marks. Good plot, kept me guessing until the end. I will be looking for more B J Daniels books.
Aimee
Dec 24, 2013 Aimee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
April
I love B.J. Daniels' stories....usually. This is the only one of her books that I remember reading just to get through with it, rather than to get to the end. One of the reasons was that the couple just didn't seem to match. She had her reasons there, I guess, for why she thought they worked, but it just didn't work for me. Neither of the characters seemed to be as real as her others. The mystery was far too easy, I knew as soon as I was introduced to the character that they were the villain. An ...more
Anita
Jacklyn Wilde arrested Dillon Savage 4 years ago for cattle rustling. Now she is getting him released in order to help her capture another gang of rustlers in his old territory. Jack believes that Dillon is the mastermind even from prison. Dillon is a really intelligent guy, with 3 college degrees to prove it. Bad blood, nasty neighbors and a son who can't seen to win the approval of his father.

Why don't they just put chips in the cows? You chip a dog and you lojack a car. At $1,000 a pop it wo
A.G.R. Goff
Dec 06, 2016 A.G.R. Goff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Big Sky Standoff by B.J. Daniels tells the fictional story of Dillon Savage who has been in prison for cattle rustling and cattle inspector Jacklyn Wilde who had put him there in the first place but now gets him released so Savage can help her catch another group of rustlers. For anyone who likes cowboy romantic this is a great read just like most of B.J. Daniels books. There are no real surprises, the story moves fast and has the happy ending everyone expects. Nevertheless it's enjoyable to ...more
Silverana
Apr 03, 2013 Silverana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
The book was ok. I think what I liked the most from the story was how Dillon often teased Jack. Jack on the other hand was a little hard to understand. Her feelings regarding Dillon were confusing and I got really annoyed how she kept saying Dillon was running the rustling and how forcefully she would say it.

This has a slow feel to it as a lot of the B.J. Daniels books have to them. There was some action but not a lot of excitement.
Cristian Iglesias
I found this book at a bar and took it home to read. Daniels gives great descriptive visuals, you pick up on the character's personalities immediately. The book was fun to read but the romance in it was a bit of a turn off. The chemistry between Wilde and Dillon was entertaining but Wilde was just too paranoid about their "relationship". I was hoping for more of a tragic ending but sadly this one ends happily. Overall, good read to pass the day.
Emily Higgins
Aug 07, 2013 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Jackyln Wilde obtains an early release from jail for Dillon Savage so that he can help her track down and arrest cattle rustlers. Jacklyn suspects that Dillon has been running the cattle theft operation from jail. Set in Montana, this is B. J. Daniels usual well-written western romance.
j e a finch
j e a finch rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Narya
Narya rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Norma K Waters-Laun
Norma K Waters-Laun rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
KARLA
KARLA rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
Tory
Tory rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2013
Amanda Marsili
Amanda Marsili rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2011
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Karen Lee
Karen Lee rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2013
BZ George
BZ George rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Jana
Jana rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2015
Rebecca Garcia
Rebecca Garcia rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
thomas gosnell
thomas gosnell rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Sherry Demarais
Sherry Demarais rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Catherine Kelly
Catherine Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2017
Ruth Matocha
Ruth Matocha rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • The Captive
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins, #1)
  • Colby Core (Colby Agency, #42)
  • Bodyguard/Husband
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • The Cheating Curve
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Flirting with Temptation
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Patrick's Destiny (The Devaneys #4)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...