Start by marking “The Carpenter's Miracle” as Want to Read:
The Carpenter's Miracle

The Carpenter's Miracle

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A simple touch changes everything. Josh is just an average carpenter in a small town, but when his touch miraculously brings a dead boy back to life, things spin totally out of control. The media quickly rushes to promote this feel-good Christmas story and proclaims that it is a real miracle. However, there are those who are determined to debunk the entire story through an ...more
Published September 8th 2010 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about The Carpenter's Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Carpenter's Miracle

Deborah Balzotti
Apr 11, 2013 rated it liked it

The most dreaded words you will hear this week before Christmas are, “Is your Christmas shopping done?” Complete strangers, friendly clerks and elderly aunts will ask with a big smile on their face. I want to reply, “Is yours?” But I am too afraid of the answer. Quick – grab a book for everyone left on the list and be done!

“The Carpenter’s Miracle” is the story of Josh the carpenter. One December day he is ice fishing when a young boy falls through the ice and Josh rescues him. The unresponsive
Nov 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
A young man hears screams for help while he is ice fishing, and he discovers a group of boys frantic about their friend who has fallen through the ice. In his attempt to save the boy, something so unusual happens that it has to be considered a miracle. A media frenzy follows in this small town, and the young man's simple life as a carpenter changes.

I really liked this story with a little bit of mystery in it. It has the reader wondering, "Was it really a miracle? Or was it something else?" The a
Barb
Nov 25, 2013 rated it liked it
I was in the mood for a quick, sweet Christmas-y book. I bought this one last spring (in fact, I bought a copy of it for each of the members of my book club), and it was our Book Club's book for December.

This book is not to dissimilar from Richard Paul Evans' books. If you like his style, you will like this one. I read it in a short afternoon.
Rhonda
Aug 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
While ice fishing, Josh rescues a boy who falls through the ice while playing hockey. The boy dies anyway...later in the hospital, Josh touches the boy and he comes back to life. Word quickly gets around, drawing national media attention to this 'miracle worker'. The attention is unwelcome in this town...and soon it becomes a problem...
Dora Okeyo
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
The Carpenter's Miracle is a short story- well told, and quite inspirational.
Mandy Stewart
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good book but needed to be a little longer.
Heather
Dec 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
a very fast, sweet Christmas read...ended a little abruptly for me, but over all I really enjoyed. Read it an hour or so as it is short and a fast read!
Lisa Morris
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novel
Short little story. Could have not ended so soon, but nice.
Connie Dickey
Christina
Jan 07, 2011
Heather
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Just ended. Disappointed. Enjoyed the story til then.
Tom Ricks
Jun 15, 2010
Ashley Phelan
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2013