Start by marking “Sick Puppy / Skin Tight” as Want to Read:
Sick Puppy / Skin Tight

Sick Puppy / Skin Tight

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  187 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
All our books are used but in good condition. All books checked carefully for damage before listing.EXCELLENT value for money and ready for dispatch using Amazons fufillment service.We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible
Paperback
Published 2005 by Pan Books

To ask other readers questions about Sick Puppy / Skin Tight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sick Puppy / Skin Tight

Fran
Sep 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Carl Hiaasen fans
Recommended to Fran by: found it in a charity shop
Shelves: mysteries
Entertaining and far out like all Carl Hiaasen books are. One-eyed Governor of Florida and millionaire environmentalist Twilly Spree are in this one, as are a lot of other crazy, good or evil, absurd Hiaasen characters. Funny, but with a message; and an enjoyable, quick read.
Juno Ross
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Carl Hiassen, much as he probably loved the very elegant John D. MacDonald (who was . . . was he? the only mystery writer to win the Pulitzer Prize? -- well, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)
chanda
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never read a Heissen book I could put down. Amazing characters and the story lines are brilliantly hilarious.
Zoi
Dec 08, 2010 rated it liked it
Stephanie
Nov 28, 2009 rated it liked it
I found Hiaasen's protagonists engaging and the stories readable, but they haven't stuck in my mind. I re-read Skin Tight by accident, having thought I didn't the first time. I was two thirds of the way through before I realised that I had read it before after all. Okay, but not enough to go looking for more of his work.
Heidi
Apr 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-like
Not worth reading.
John Rogers
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mn-crime
Hiaasen's characters drive the stories. You're always watching things you know are foolish, would never happen, but you gotta love the sorry-ass maneuvers of his people.
Debbie
Apr 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
actually only read sick puppy, but for some reason just the one is not an option... anyway had a book crush on Twilly Spree
Trisha Cornelius
I really want to like Carl Hiaasen, but I don't enjoy his adult books. He writes very well and he is original...just not my cup of tea, sadly.
Lindy
May 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Actually just reading "Sick Puppy" but that lone book doesn't exist on good reads apparently. So far it's just like the last Carl Hiaasen book I read. Seems funny so far.
  • The Buck Passes Flynn (Flynn, #2)
  • Like a Hole in the Head
  • Grave Descend (Hard Case Crime #26)
  • Recoil
  • Split Images
  • The Horsemasters (Reindeer Hunters, #2)
  • Eyeing the Flash: The Making of a Carnival Con Artist
  • Betrayal
  • Shadows on the Mirror (Sarah Fortune, #1)
  • Mouth to Mouth
  • Pay Off
  • Eyeshot (Sonora Blair, #2)
  • Random Hearts
  • Figure of Hate (Crowner John Mystery #9)
Carl Hiaasen was born and raised in Florida. After graduating from the University of Florida, he began writing for the Miami Herald. As a journalist and author, Carl has spend most of his life advocating the protection of the Florida Everglades. He and his family still live in southern Florida.
More about Carl Hiaasen...