Start by marking “Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)

Tatiana and Alexander

(The Bronze Horseman #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  30,776 ratings  ·  2,324 reviews
Tatiana is eighteen years old, pregnant, and widowed when she escapes war-torn Leningrad to find a new life in America. But the ghosts of her past do not rest easily. She becomes consumed by the belief that her husband, Red Army officer Alexander Belov, is still alive and needs her desperately.

Meanwhile, oceans and continents away in the Soviet Union, Alexander barely esca
Published 2008 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Tatiana and Alexander, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sabrina Davis No that's not in the book or the previous one

·  30,776 ratings  ·  2,324 reviews

Regan
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
Better than the first! Really enjoyed this one
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
❝We walk alone through this world, but if we’re lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something, to someone, that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness. For an evening minute I touched him again and grew red wings and was young again in the Summer Garden, and had hope and eternal life.❞

I did it again guys. I binge read 500+ pages within a few hours. XD I think I've read almost 2000 pages within a span of two days! I've been finishing each book in this series in a day and I can't sto
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for the most EPIC LOVE STORY EVER!! but start with book 1: The Bronze Horseman

10++ big beautiful stars and then some

WOW!!!! This second installment of The Bronze Horseman trilogy was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! This is truly the most EPIC LOVE story EVER told bar none. I am writing this review through the tears left over from reading this book.

This book was the PERFECT sequel to The Bronze Horseman. In many ways, it not so much followed it as it did complete it. While things are still very open for book 3, I felt like this book was the second half of TBH. It was utter
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦No spoilers, people, I promise. Again, I got this second book on audio and, no surprise there, it's over 30 hours long. This is also where we see the worst of the siege of Leningrad and, I kid you not, after reading this book I've dreamed of being starved to death for multiple night in a row. I don't know, I might be too impressionable, but damn. It makes you appreciate every single thing in your fridge and make you want to stuff yourself. You know, just in case.

➦This also is a book where thing
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Renee

♥♥♥♥♥A LOVE STORY♥♥♥♥♥

"What about our life has ever been easy?"

Truer words were never spoken. Can these two, please, have less heartache and more happy times in Lazarevo?

My emotions ran the gamut from crying to wanting to punch someone in the throat. My heart ached for both of them as they struggled to go on with life. When times were hard I relied on Alexander's words, 'I have to have faith.'

Orbeli was introduced in TBH and we learn more about it in this book. Orbeli was the ultimate sacrific
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*

5+ Stars!!! - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den
“Where did they teach you how to live after you’d lost it all? Who taught you how to go on after you had lost everything?”
~ Tatiana
This song, “My Love” by Lene Marlin (link below), is my theme song for this second book in the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy.

MY LOVE by Lene Marlin

The haunting voice and the lyrics…How my heart aches as I listen to it…Especially because every time I listen to it, now, it will forever remind me of Tatiana an
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

After finishing The Bronze Horseman how could you not continue on with this book? We were left with Tatiana believing that Alexander was dead and she was left alone and pregnant. She struggles in deciding if she should continue on with their plan and ultimately does that, working her magic and making it to America just in time to give birth.

Let me just say....

description

and not only that but it will severely test your patience! I was desperate to find out what happened but of course, nothing could
♥ Beth
Dec 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

My emotions are so raw from this book.. !!

After reading The Bronze Horseman I immediately had to download book 2, Tatiana and Alexander.. this book takes up where TBH leaves off.

It also led me to the beginning of Alexander's story and into his past.. how he came to Russia, and everything that happens to him and his family from the time they arrived and then everything that happens to him and Tatiana after TBH ends..

Following TBH, this book took what was
grace
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
So intense and stressful!!!!!
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
6++++ STARS

Paullina Simons stole my heart and is never giving it back.
Or I'm gonna need a suppport group after this trilogy

Guys.... GUYS... I was so nervous I was going to hate this one. Maybe it's the dreaded sophomore slump, that seemingly inevitable second book ailment most trilogies suffer that was making me a bit jittery when I started this book. The Bronze Horseman blew me away like no other romance novel before it (and Ive been reading for a very long time), so I wondered where Paullina
Kim Bailey
A Universe of Heartbreaking, Poetic Stars

"Once upon a time, young girls met young boys when the moon was full and the nights were dark, when there was a fire and singing and joking, when there was wine and taffeta and dancing, when the music was loud and the laughing, too, when one pair of eyes stared at another, and the girl's chest swelled and the boy came up close, and suddenly she looked up, he looked down and ...

Once there was first love."

What do you do … how do you go on … when your one
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Another beautifully written read! The second installment in TBH series did not disappoint. Granted, much of it was filled with struggle, heartache, and tension, but it did not lack the eternal love and persistent hope generated in the first book.

The character development was huge, especially in Tatiana's case. She showed a remarkable growth in maturity; so much that, at times, I missed the former, more carefree Tania. I found it difficult to see Tatiana in such a massive state of longing for a
Amber
Of course I’m giving this epic book 5 stars. It deserves nothing less. Like I said in my review of book 1, nothing I write in my review will do this book justice. It’s an experience. A journey.

This is the type of book that makes all other books look bad. It’s the type of book that will make you want to “up” your reading game.

I can’t recommend this book enough. It will give every type of reader something they love. This book is rich in history, bravery, survival, suspense, love, friendship, loy
Ash Wednesday
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers.. and fans of Rocky. The third one... okay, maybe all of them.
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE BRONZE HORSEMAN

4.5 STARS
"Love is so short, forgetting is so long."
-Tonight I Can Write

I couldn't possibly choose a passage from this book that best encapsulates the theme of Tatiana and Alexander's continuing battle against the odds of World War II. So I'm nicking something from Neruda which I find fitting because Shura, for the most part of this book, sounds like a hybrid between a South American poet and... well, Chuck Norris. In fact, try reading that poem and y
Joana

*** 5++++ INFINITE, HEARTBREAKING, UNFORGETTABLE AND ALL CONSUMING STARS ***

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just can't get over how much IN LOVE I am with these books...with this EPIC and TIMELESS story...with Tatiana and Alexander...
It truly is the most consuming and beautiful love story I ever read! Full of devotion, ache, longing, angst, despair and above all hope. If they were lucky to find each other, they will always find away towards each other. They can't conceive a world without the other in it!

So there are love
Amanda NEVER MANDY
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Straight out the gate I am going to tell you this one was not as good as the first. Though I did enjoy catching up with old friends, I did not enjoy hearing every stinkin' detail of where they had been and what they had been up to. I especially did not want to hear about every damn random thought that flickered through their minds. If this had been a meet a friend at a restaurant to catch up on life situation, I would have been falling out of my chair screaming, “CHECK PLEASE!!”

Now don’t get me
Karen
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I need more stars... I can't talk right now, tears are flowing.... There just aren't enough stars....
Natalie
An infinity amount of stars.

While reading this, my heart was broken in a million pieces but at the same time, swelling to take up my entire chest. It caused too many feelings, my heart almost couldn't handle it. My love for this book is forever. It can't be put into worlds how deep it runs. Tatiana and Alexander takes us on a journey of joy-faith-heartbreak and everlasting love. I have never, and will never love two characters with the same, deep, passion, as I love Tatiana and Alexander.

I am fo
Sharon Metcalf
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The Bronze Horseman was a beautiful love story set in war torn Russia.    Paulina Simons ended book one on a note of young love rudely interrupted by war,  their lives ripped apart.    This almost guaranteed readers would be desperate to see Tatiana and Alexander reuinited.  I know I was.    The second instalment of the trilogy, Tatiana and Alexander (or The Bridge To Holy Cross as it's also known) was that story.

Tatiana had escaped to America where their son Anthony was born.   Meanwhile  Alexa
Helene Jeppesen
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finishing this book leaves me almost breathless. Throughout all of its 560 pages, I was kept captivated. My heart was in my throat and my feelings were on edge. Paullina Simons' love story between Tatiana and Alexander, combined with their fatal lives during World War II, drags me in and leaves me completely anxious inside.
Even though the storyline in this book is quite different from the first book, I loved it so much! I needed to know what would happen to our two main characters and I cared d
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
I'm still traumatized from book 1. But I need to finish this series before 2020.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
The first half of this book had me worried since quite a bit of it was nothing more than flashbacks to the first book. But the flashbacks eventually faded away, and I was left to finish the rest of the tale, which was also a bit draining because I kept wondering when Alexander and Tatiana were finally going to see each other again. This book, like its predecessor, is a bit melodramatic, but Paullina Simons is a master manipulator; normally melodrama makes me roll my eyes or snicker, but this mel ...more
Nick Pageant
Oh. My. God. I gave part 1 five stars, so I guess this should get six. I'm just blown away. This is far and away one of the best books I've ever read. Highly, highly recommended to everyone, regardless of your taste in books. This truly has something for everyone. I'm exhausted and smiling.

Thanks to Alona for getting me to read this wonderful series.
M. ~ B&B
Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are—

Unyielding

***This review contains spoilers for The Bronze Horseman. Under no circumstances read this review if you haven't read the first book in the trilogy yet.***

Once again, Paullina Simons has rendered me speechless. This book has been emotional torture from beginning to end. I loved every page and every word I read. It was just pure perfection. I got
Vivian
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Will you remember that? Anywhere you are, if you can look up and find Perseus in the sky, find that smile, and hear the galactic wind whisper your name, you'll know that it's me, calling for you... calling you back to Lazarevo. (Alexander)”

I can't express my love enough for this series. I absolutely loved this book. Tatiana and Alexander teaches us what real love is really about. A love that war, hardship, loneliness, time and distance can't break, can't free them.

I have to say I really enjoy
Anne OK
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
While reading this highly emotional sequel, I found myself humming Neil Diamond’s “Coming to America” song with tears streaming down my cheeks.

Even better than the first installment and much easier to fall into. The lovers are torn apart. Tatiana is in America ripped with grief. And Alexander’s situation finds him facing execution for treason and espionage. The character development has blossomed. And the details and writing remain unapproachable. The author has a magical touch with all the his
Ana // TheBooktarian
It wasn't as good as the first one but it was still perfect in every single way!!
Andie
I love this series beyond words.
Smitten's Book Blog

WARNING: THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR BOOK #1

Ok, that was hard. A necessary evil, I feel.

Goodness me.

Right, I'm going to admit, I did skim a little. There was quite a lot of political talk and history lessons in this book, much more so than in the first book. However, it was completely necessary, I understand that. But I did skim, and try to only take in what I absolutely needed to know.

Hey, what can I say? I needed to get Tatiana and Alexander back together ASAP.

"Shura, I'm yours. Y
Olga
Before reading Tatiana and Alexander I wondered if it was possible for my heart to feel for these two even more. It was possible. It was also possible for the tiny pieces left of my fragile heart, broken after reading book #1, to be shattered even further. Yet again, I’m utterly broken.

Alone and consumed by the feeling of loss, Tatiana escapes to America. Though freed from Soviet reality, she’s imprisoned by grief, pain and hope. Hope for her beloved Alexander to be alive.

And then she would

• Running Barefoot
  • The Cityscape Series (The Cityscape, #1-3)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Dusty
  • Dear Enemy
  • Always to Remember
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Addicted (Addicted #1)
  • Comanche Moon (Comanche, #1)
  • The Winter Rose (The Tea Rose, #2)
  • Here to Stay (The Fish Tales, #3)
  • The Red Scarf
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Queen of Swords (Wilderness, #5)
Paullina Simons was born in Leningrad, USSR, in 1963. At the age of ten her family immigrated to the United States. Growing up in Russia Paullina dreamt of someday becoming a writer. Her dream was put on hold as she learned English and overcame the shock of a new culture.

After graduating from university and after various jobs including working as a financial journalist and as a translator Paullin

The Bronze Horseman (3 books)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • The Summer Garden (The Bronze Horseman, #3)
“We walk alone through this world, but if we're lucky, we have a moment of belonging to something, to someone, that sustains us through a lifetime of loneliness.” 352 likes
“Memory - that fiend, that cruel enemy of comfort.” 90 likes