Start by marking “Emotional Clearing: An East/West Guide to Releasing Negative Feelings and Awakening Unconditional Happiness” as Want to Read:

In this ground-breaking work, John Ruskan focuses on the vital but often misunderstood issue of emotional healing and growth on the path to higher consciousness. He presents a revolutionary synthesis of Eastern and Western psychological principles, resulting in a profound system of spiritual self-therapy that can touch and transform all levels of your being.
Published January 1st 2003 by R. Wyler & Company (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Emotional Clearing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emotional Clearing

Start your review of Emotional Clearing: An East/West Guide to Releasing Negative Feelings and Awakening Unconditional Happiness
Kellie
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although I didn't agree with all the philosophies in this book, it has great principles to help facilitate personal journeys of healing. For me it was an answer to prayers in understanding the importance of emotional health and the whole ness it brings when balanced. I love that it encourages healing by yourself and not dependent on anyone. Highly recommend for anyone who has struggled with depression and traditional methods of healing were unsuccessful.
Simon Eeles
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a remarkable read for me.... I read it over about six months at a time I was processing a lot of emotional trauma. I learnt to experience painful emotions fully........ my life changed significantly for the better as I read it... I do not think any other book has helped me free myself so effectively (except Pema Chodron)
Ruthann Wheeler
Jul 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ug, very dry. The idea of this book was very good. I believe we often do need to process our emotions instead of stamping them down. I also believe that emotions can effect us spiritually and physically if we don't process them as needed. However I couldn't get through this book. It was very descriptive and not entertaining. It was written like a text book. I don't recommend this book to anyone unless maybe they are going into counseling.
Julie Chai
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Used this book as a text in a class I taught on Inner Listening(TM). It's very in depth and may be more than many are ready for but Ruskan knows his subject and is one of the best in his field. It's a great reference book.
I highly recommend his emotional clearing audio practice sessions that can be downloaded into your iTunes/ipod for $99. They can be found on his website www.emclear.com. Try his free relaxation download to see how his voice and technique feel to you.
I've found his audio emotio
Felicia
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read (frequently)

This is not one of those books you can read and never refer back to, at least I can’t. I got it originally because I want to learn how to handle emotions without trying to rush them away or give too much power to the positive ones.

I got a lot of good ideas from this book. When the author refers to higher power or higher self, I mentally substituted God as I know Him.

The eastern approach to handling emotions, accepting them, is very new to me, so some of the ideas and co
Erica Golin
“If you accept that uncertainty is an inherent part of existence, you will not feel as if you must compulsively guard against lack. Placing your trust in the flow of life, you find yourself provided for. Acceptance of insecurity and uncertainty paradoxically brings about feelings of security and stability.” –John Ruskan, Emotional Clearing

This book is a light for the dark, difficult-to-deal-with parts of myself and my experience through life.
Patricia
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish everyone knew the concepts in this book! We must learn how to feel our emotions and allow them to move through the body. Hurt people are hurtful to others - the knowledge in this book holds the keys to preventing violence and creating a peaceful world. An absolute must read. I almost regret getting the kindle version because I definitely want a hard copy but it will be nice to have both.
Susan
Jul 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the best self help book I have ever read. The author clearly spells out how to use available tools such as breathing, yoga, meditation to work through disturbing or self defeating psychological states. This book, like it says, comprehensively explores and utilizes both eastern and western philosophy to help the reader grow and move through emotional problems and limitations.
Emma
Nov 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-growth
Good basic how to on emotional clearing through accepting and feeling the emotion.
Lisa
Aug 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: Eve
I just read parts of this book to see what someone dear to me is interested in these days. He has some interesting ideas. Then it was due back at the library so I returned it.
Lisa
Jessica
May 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

• Пока-я-не-я
  • Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life: How to Harness the Power of Clock Genes to Lose Weight, Optimize Your Workout, and Finally Get a Good Night's Sleep
  • Paris for One and Other Stories
  • After You (Me Before You, #2)