Start by marking “Lost World” as Want to Read:
Lost World

Lost World

Maiquel is an ex-contract killer who's been a fugitive for ten years, ever since his girlfriend Erica ran off with his daughter Samantha, took up with an evangelical pastor and disappeared completely from his life. When his aunt dies, he has a chance to find his lost family."
Published November 1st 2009 by Bloomsbury UK (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Lost World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost World

Start your review of Lost World
Newton Nitro
Mundo Perdido - Patrícia Melo | A Vingativa Sequência de "O Matador" | NITROLEITURAS #resenha

Dez anos depois de "O Matador", o foragido Máiquel embarca em uma jornada de vingança em busca de sua filha!

Mundo Perdido - Patrícia Melo | 200 páginas, Rocco, 2010 (1ed. 2006) | Lido de 16.11.17 a 17.11.17 | NITROLEITURAS #literaturabrasileira #crime #ação #policial

SINOPSE

Em Mundo perdido, Patrícia Melo continua a contar a história de Máiquel, protagonista de O matador.

Dez anos se passaram e ele, que j
Paulo Tiago Muliterno
Voltar ao mundo de Máiquel é uma premissa das mais animadoras, depois do excelente "O Matador" e das possibilidades que aquele livro abre no fim.

Apesar do fluxo de consciência (confuso, truncado, ágil) continuar lá e o protagonista ter obviamente amadurecido (ou ficado mais casca grossa) e da escrita continuar impecável, no que parece ser até uma acidez com determinadas igrejas evangélicas (um pouco até de perseguição), a narrativa se perde um bocado em hotéis, mulheres e o cachorro Tigre.

A "jor
Erika
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a well-written story! I couldn't put the book down for long!
P.
Jan 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
I am afraid to say that 'Lost World' is the first book to get 1/5 stars from me this year. No matter how bad a novel is, I hate giving that rating. Even worse is leaving a book unfinished, which unfortunately I had to do with this one. I don't usually say a book is no good, but in this instance I must point out certain narrative errors that eventually made me throw in the towel.

Having been seduced by the front cover that is deceptively reminiscent of that film-making masterpiece the 'City of Go
Sina Shakiba
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Mayra Correa e Castro
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ficção
Você não deve ler Mundo Perdido, romance de 2006 de Patrícia Melo (1962), se tiver a cabeça fraca. Bem, talvez cabeça fraca seja falta de educação: se você for cheio de não me toques. Nesse livro, a premiadíssima escritora e roteirista desnuda a corrupção deste Brasil que cresce: a impunidade do sistema judiciário, o conluio de bandidos e policiais, o tráfico de drogas, o tráfico de madeira, o desmatamento da Amazônia, o uso político/policial dos acampamentos Sem Terra, a prostituição e a escala ...more
Adam Stone
Lost World is the first book that I have read that is set in Brazil; it is also the first book that I have read written by a South American author. I read it as part of the world book challenge that I have been doing over the course of the year where you read book from the different continents.

This book is about a fugitive named Maiquel as he travels all over Brazil and into Bolivia looking for the women who left him ten years ago and took his daughter with her and to kill the man who she went o
Deanne
Not often you read a book that has you rooting for a contract killer, but this did. Probably because you got a sense that he wasn't totally beyond redemption.
Nicole
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
OK. Brazilian fugitive hit man searches for son
Levente
rated it did not like it
Apr 10, 2016
Stephen Jennings
Jun 28, 2013

• Unsavory Truth: How Food Companies Skew the Science of What We Eat
  • Pax
  • The War I Finally Won (The War That Saved My Life, #2)
  • Perfect Days
  • The Lost World (Jurassic Park #2)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • The Thing Around Your Neck
  • A Senhora da Magia (As Brumas de Avalon #1)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • The High Queen (The Mists of Avalon, #2)
  • The Sun Also Rises
  • The King Stag  (The Mists of Avalon, #3)
  • The Prisoner in the Oak (The Mists of Avalon, #4)
  • The Cows
  • Silence: In the Age of Noise
  • Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)
  • Lege Ogen
  • Red Snow (Tuva Moodyson Mystery, #2)
Patrícia Melo (born 1962 in São Paulo) is a Brazilian author. She has written a number of successful novels, including The Killer and In Praise of Lies. Her works have often dealt with sex and violence in a heavily urbanized setting.