Start by marking “The Power of a Praying Husband” as Want to Read:
The Power of a Praying Husband

The Power of a Praying Husband

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  1,243 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews

Stormie Omartian’s mega bestselling The Power of a Praying® series (more than 8.2 million copies sold) is re–released with fresh new cover designs to reach a still–growing market of readers eager to discover the power of prayer for their lives.

In The Power of a Praying® Husband Stormie helps men pray effectively for their wives and marriages. With stories and examples fro

Published July 28th 2001 by Harvest House Publishers

Abe
Jan 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book at the public library, and I liked it so much that I also bought "The Power of a Praying Parent" by the same author, and I'd like to pass along "The Power of a Praying Wife" to my wife. There are plenty of books out there that talk about how you can make your marriage better, but the focus of this book is how GOD can make your marriage better. Each chapter is short and easy-to-read, covering one attribute of your wife that we as husbands should be praying for, such as: her emot ...more
Chris Bates
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful to see my wife's needs: that I become the kind of husband that she needs versus hoping that she'll change for me. My prayers for her are now more specific to her concerns than my wants.
Frank
Aug 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is a great reminder for us to "in everything by prayer and supplication let your requests be made known unto God" kind of books. For me it helped me to remember to always be mindful to pray for my better half, as we are one flesh and that we affect one another. Great book.
Aaron W. Matthews
I've been married for two years. We have a five month old son. Several months ago, a younger friend and I prayed about what we should read and study together. At the time, he was dating a girl and we both wanted to do everything we could to make our relationships stronger, more God-honoring, and fuller. We chose this book to study together. The power of a praying husband isn't just for husbands. We discovered that it can work for any level of relationship, from dating to engagement or marriage. ...more
Ojomo Aderemi
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the book 2 years before my marriage and it was actually presented to me by my wife then. It is an expository book as gave the much needed ingredients needed in building a wonderful home and helps me to know that i need to work on myself first before desiring a particular change in my spouse
Jocelyn
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book for him, but I ended up reading it myself. It's one I just couldn't put down!
Wannie Michelmann
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tips for men - if only they bother to read it and follow through the prayers
Anthony Martinez Perez
My fiancee gave this book to me before I left for an op, I never gave much thought to reading it. She, an active duty marine as well, read The Power of a Praying Wife and told me it opened her mind to a lot of things that she was lacking in our four year relationship. She is a devout lover of Christ and I, on the other hand, have never been a pious man but I have always been open minded and understanding of her faith. So I began to feel that I should read it too, and it was one of the best choic ...more
Becky Williamson-Martin
I purchased this book for my husband in 2016 but I read it before giving it to him. I longed for him to pray those powerful prayers over me. Stormie has a great insight on how to pray very specific prayers over specific subjects. I pray the prayers in her book "The Power of a Praying Wife" over his life daily.
Timothy Smallwood
Great wisdom for men at any stage in their marriage.

Great truths that will help me to better pray for my wife. Also enjoyed the thoughts of the men in each category of prayer. Will definitely read again and recommend to others.
Nick Yadron
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gods plan for husbands

My only regret in reading this book was that I didn’t read 18 years ago when my marriage began! Wonderful biblically based book on who God wants us to be as husbands.
Prosper Azanuwa
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So blessed by this book. From it I understood some emotions of the woman folks.
Matthew
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book could not put it down. Made me really commit the time to prayer for my wife that she needs and deserves!
Sharriette
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I believe any wife would appreciate her husband praying for her in this way.
Vincent Calvert
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful and provided good tips on how to be more mindful for wifey's concerns. I should probably read this more than once.
Corey Matthews
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Important read for all men (and women). Stormie does a great job of helping us to see one another's perspective.
Xiningteacher
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! It really helped me see my relationship with my wife as tangible and workable to make it more in line with where it should be. It gave practical advice and exercises to do to help me unify with my wife and to strengthen both of our faiths. I was very encouraged by this book. If you are a married man, this is a must read. I wish I would have had this twenty-one years ago. But it is never too late to teach an old dog new tricks. I plan to begin reading this again tomorrow at a much slo ...more
Sandy
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2014
I think just about any woman who makes it through The Power of a Praying Wife will find herself curious about The Power of a Praying Husband. Just what does Stormie Omartian tell my husband to pray for me about? At least that’s how it was for me. I read and loved The Power of a Praying Wife and many of Stormie Omartian’s other books. I love the topic-focused prayer approached that Mrs. Omartian takes in her books. Each one has brought some new “treasure” or “gold nugget” (as my dad would say) fo ...more
Neil Coulter
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I've prayed through this book many times over the years. I've found it very helpful in helping me focus on key areas to pray about in my wife's life. When I saw there was a new edition, I purchased it and starting using it. There are few changes to the content (though the whole book has a new layout which feels more current), but at the end of the book Omartian has prepared a personal study to contemplate the main topics more deeply. Most weeks of the prayer book now have 10 questions for reflec ...more
Scott Ray
This was a good book.

I do think we should read books on prayer every so often to remind us what we should be doing and how it can effect us and those around us. The insights, since it was written by a woman, were helpfull on how to more effectively pray for your wife.

I do not like the idea of having set prayers though at the end of each chapter and instructions on praying them at regular intervals. The author makes the point that we often sing praise songs written by others and have no problem
Philip
Stormie O'Martian - sounds like an Irish alien to me - just kidding.
The book isn't bad - if nothing else it gets you praying and more importantly praying for your wife (if you have one). Everyone needs prayers and this helped me to direct my prayers for Adrienne to specific aspects of her life.
It was a little bit hokey and her sweeping statements about men were sometimes a long way off the mark but there are some good things to be learned here and it is worth reading and praying the prayers she
Jerry
Jan 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
I found this book helpful in my praying. I especially liked the example prayers and the things to pray about based on her survey of what wives wanted their husbands to pray for them. Here are a few examples quoted from the book.

Pray:
You will be the husband God wants you to be.
You will know how to really love your wife.
She will know God's will and live in it.
Her children will be obedient and respectful to her.
She will have the desires of her heart.
Her work will bring fulfillment to her.
Her
Chris  "Gunner" McGrath
There are so many important things to pray for our wives about, and this book revealed a lot of new ones to me and helped me understand many things about the struggles my wife faces daily.

The format of this book is simple: each chapter is a topic regarding something wives have said that they need and want their husbands to understand and pray for. An example of each prayer finishes up each section.

If you are a married man and want to see your wife grow and blossom, and see your own prayer life a
Kalena
Loved it! I should not be so surprised that this spoke to me in such a powerful way. This book put words to some of my deepest prayer/faith concerns. There were many instances where what I read about praying from the "husband's perspective" had a real impact in my life or the lives of our friends and I absolutely shared this book with them. In some ways, this was my favorite and will definitely read it again.
Darrell
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful resource. As difficult as it is for a man to get inside the head of his wife, Stormie Omartian has done us a complete favor. She has spoken on behalf of women everywhere and is cluing us in on what a godly woman wants from her husbands prayers. This book has helped me to be more thoughtful in specific in my prayers for my wife. Husbands everywhere who are trying to be a godly example should read through this engaging book. Thank you, Stormie.
Adrian
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book that hasn't already been said?. As a newlywed husband I never thought about all of the ways in which I can/should pray for my wife. I was overwhelmed at first but later realized that I am called to pray and pray "without ceasing". I gained so much from this book and have shared some of the lessons with my married friends as well. I will probably read it every year to keep the lessons fresh in my heart.
Aram Shin
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really helpful in understanding the needs and emotions of my wife. It covers nearly all the aspects one goes through in marriage and tells us how we can manage those issues through prayer. I also found the Power Tools section inspiring in which it quotes the essential messages from the bible.
Levi Irwin
Being mindful of what to pray for your spouse written from a dame's perspective seems like propaganda when in fact it's pretty darn helpful

Stormie isn't gifted in writing in the sense of eloquence, but her frankness and proper grammar make for an easy read and certain things us fellas can pray about for our chicks.
Dave
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to all young married men and to all married men as well. It is important at the beginning of a marriage to understand the reasons complications arise in a marriage. This book explains a lot about women's emotions and gives great insight to a baffled husband.
Reggieflowers
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very meaningful book for me. It helps me strengthen my relationship with my wife. It is simply written and prayers that are always timely and that you can say over and over again. This is a book that I will read over and over again. I have already read it at least twice. This is one of those books that you read and retread over and over again.
  • No More Christian Nice Guy: When Being Nice--Instead of Good--Hurts Men, Women and Children
  • The Resolution for Men
  • Every Man, God's Man
  • Raising a Modern Day Knight: A Father's Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood
  • The Man in the Mirror: Solving the 24 Problems Men Face
  • What Happens When Women Pray
  • Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food
  • How to Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong
  • God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray
“So while God gives the husband a position of leadership in relationship to his wife, He also requires the price of self-sacrifice from him. The” 1 likes
“You may be asking yourself at this very moment, Why isn’t Stormie’s husband writing this book? The answer is simple. He’s just like you. He is a busy man, with places to go, people to see, work to do, a family to support, food to eat, a life to live, golf to play, ball games to watch, channels to flip, and a chronic lack of patience when it comes to writing. It’s not that he doesn’t pray.” 1 likes