Start by marking “Fruits Basket, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket, Volume 3

Fruits Basket, Volume 3

(Fruits Basket #3)

Tohru woont bij de familie Sohma, waarvan de leden in dieren van de dierenriem kunnen veranderen. Samen met Kyo en Yuki doet Tohru mee aan een stratenloop. Plots duikt er nog een lid van de familie Sohma op: Hatsuharu, die tegen Kyo wil vechten. Maar op de één of andere manier wordt Tohru plots de inzet (?) van hun tweekamp!?
Published 2008 by Glénat (first published September 17th 1999)

Merb
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🐱 This volume is Kyo! 🐱

In the third volume of Fruits Basket, the story and characters really begin to get into their groove. The illustrations, both chibi and realistic, are just perfect at capturing the feel of this story. During this installment, we follow Tohru as she attempts (and due to certain events fails) to complete her schools endurance test, makes Valentine's chocolates for her friends and all those from the Zodiac she has met, goes on a double date with Yuki, Kagura and the emotional
Rain Misoa
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE! No really... everyone. I'm not even going to say shoujo lovers.
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
*Flails* OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! HARU WAS IN THIS VOLUME AND IT EXCITES ME SOOOOOOO MUCH TO SEE HIM IN ACTION!!!! HOW I LOVE THIS MAN! BOY! COW! WHATEVER! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! *Piano falls on head* Oof! @_@ ...thanks. I needed that. I got a bit too fangirly there... heh? *Ahem* Anyway, as you probably already know... I love this volume of Fruits Basket. Mostly for Haru but also because more things were revealed. Seriously, it's painful seeing how slow things get reveled in this manga but that's wha ...more
Jamie
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute! I adore this series! In this volume we really get to see just how kind and caring Tohru is. How she puts others' happiness before her own. She really is super sweet. Yet still naive! Shigure I was really liking but this volume I am really arching my eyebrows in his direction. He is up to something shady... Adds new intrigue as well to this series. It is starting to have a darker edge... Join Tohru and the Sohma's as they celebrate Valentines day and a spa vacation! And get some great in ...more
Krystal
Not gonna lie, I'm still a little bit in love with Kyo Sohma to this day.
Corinna
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'll give it one more shot with Volume 4, but I really don't know that this series is for me.
Andrea
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read, reread
I am hardcore shipping Tohru and Kyo and it's only VOLUME THREE. I have no shame!! (This from a previous Tohru x Yuki shipper til like the very end too) Every time they have one of their deep conversations and get to know each other better or Kyo does something really nice for Tohru, it makes my insides go all gooey <3
Something is going down with Shigure and Akito. They are conspiring to do something with the curse and it somehow involves Tohru, Yuki and Kyo. I hope to find out more in the n
Cath
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 stars.
First book of the year! I've just decided to reread this series again, I love it so much. :') Third time rereading it and I still notice things I never noticed before. :D
Victoria
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this addition to the series. It was so funny and entertaining. The banter between the characters is the best. I love all of the awkward and embarrassing moments that the characters experience frequently makes this series hard to put down.
Farhin
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my previous Fruits Basket review, I advised anyone reading to take caution. If you haven't already seen the anime (in which case you should) or read the previous volumes (in which case you should), I'd highly advise avoiding this particular review too.

...You're welcome.

So anyways, Volume 3 of Fruits Basket!

After being briefly introduced to Hatsuharu Sohma in the previous volume when Shigure makes a trip to the main house for New Years, naturally we want to know more about the guy and this vol
Cath
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 stars!!
I'm falling more and more in love with this series all over again.
And Haru! We got to meet Haru! :)
Delirious Disquisitions
I love that we are getting to meet other members of the zodiac sign while still focusing on the relationship of our central characters. These boys and their love for Tohru will be the death of me! It's so refreshing to get sweet, kind, and considerate love interests in a manga. Usually it's just the side love interest who's kind while the main guy ends up being a jerk.

I was also really touched by Momiji's foolish man analogy and its parallels to our heroine. That he recognized how hard she work
Mitchell
Continues to be readable. But still too hard for me to keep track of who is whom. I liked the trip to the Hot Springs and the hostess, though not when she when all crazy monkey. I'd like the book better if it was more detailed, more chance to see the setting. And if so much of it wasn't repetitive. And on to the next one.
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

-Pretty good but not as enjoyable as the previous two volumes.

-Tohru was still as likeable and ditzy as ever.

-Yuki was blah. Definitely not a fan of the potential Yuki/Tohru pairing.

-Loved Kyo and Momiji. Haru was pretty good too.

-Liked the onsen tour, and the double date with Kagura/Kyo and Yuki/Tohru.

-The only thing that was disappointing was the dialogue/story didn't always flow well or make sense. — it made for frustrating reading.

-Hoping volume 4 will be a bit better.
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Another great addition to this series. Again, we meet more of the family, but most importantly the subtle larger plot continues to grow and we find out who is pulling which strings. I loved this and cried during it, as seems to be normal for me during this series. I look forward to the next volume!
Jackie B. - Death by Tsundoku
Typically, I begin my reviews with a brief summary. But I just can't. These chapters are all over the place! That said, Fruits Basket Volume 2 still connects everything clearly. It's such a strange and wonderful reading experience.

I am so glad for the introduction of Hatsuharu (aka Haru). He's the sort of character which really makes an anime. Eccentric, extreme, loving, and downright hilarious. I hope we get to see more of him! I've also noticed that as more and more Zodiac characters are intr
Jenna | Silver Spines
3 stars

This volume had so many iconic scenes, it felt so nostalgic! I'm honestly quite impressed with how accurately the anime adapted the original content- I didn't expect there to be frame-to-frame scenes in the manga. However, because I'm so familiar with the episodes from the anime, nothing surprised me, making this volume a bit of a boring one.

I found the most entertaining parts to be those from Shigure's perspective. A lot of his scenes were cut out of the anime, I believe, and so now I'm
Ijeoma
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fiction
As usual, I am never disappointed with my Fruits Basket journey.

There are major developments in this book. Several characters are experiencing growth and learning to come to grips with who they are and how they feel.

We continue to meet more members of the peculiar Somah family. I find that I am intrigued by the members and their association with the different members of the zodiac sign.

At times, the storyline appeared quite childish; however, this manga is strictly for entertainment. There is
Jess
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, manga
Kyo is my favorite character and I love how calm he's becoming. it's such great character development. 💜💜 Yuki and Kyo aren't friend but they'll pretend to get along for Tohru. also Momiji is adorable and I'm glad that translated from manga to anime.
Kassidy
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two new characters joined with interesting personalities, they are now some of my new favorites.

I find it cool that all the characters all have their unique characteristics and personalities. even though they have different personalities they all unite as a family. :)
Aracne Mileto
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
La historia empieza poco a poco a dejar de lado su etapa dulce para volverse más oscura...

Paso al tomo 4 inmediatamente :D
Miriam
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Le puse Kyo a mi gato a raíz de uno de los personajes del manga. No me arrepiento
katelyn
Jul 31, 2013
Lexie
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gns-owned-read
dani! ❀
This series--gosh, I love it. I can't actually express how much I love it. (Also, this is obviously better than all the other volumes because Kyo's on the cover! Yes!)

Introducing Hatsuharu and... someone else. (It might just have been Hatsuharu...) He's interesting. All the Sohma's are interesting, actually. He's sort of like Kyo, but less severe, and he obviously likes Yuki more. (view spoiler)
Lanie
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans who like humor and romance
:D this manga is so cute. My friend Karri recommended it to me, and I'm so glad I have it a chance.

Seriously. Super cute! Like, a painfully fluffy overload of sappy cuddle party cuteness. :D

Which is SO different from the kinds of manga I usually read. Seriously, just look at my manga shelf. It's literally overflowing with dark and gore-filled mangas like "black butler" "attack on Titan" and "Tokyo ghoul".

(Although, I am trying to widen my horizons a bit. I did just buy a couple of romance mamb
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
In this volume, we meet Hatsuharu with his wild hair and dark side. I love this guy! I think it's hilarious how the guys are always fighting and Tohru is so upset, always trying to make peace between them, but in the end all these zodiac guys really do care about each other.
They may fight and get on each other's last nerve, but they are still family.

I love the whole storyline with the Valentine's chocolates. It's funny how something so small can be very telling in people's relationships.
I'm so a
Sophia F
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, humor, 5-stars
Hellos Fruits Basket lovers!! I have finished volume 3, and it seems so much happens in each volume it's hard to keep track of everything!
A new character joins us, Haru who looks kind of hot, (*giggles*) and interrupts an intense race during school.
Kyou and Yuki run so fast, I'd probably get out of breath and pass out just from watching them...
Tohru also gave chocolates to everyone using her own money, (where's mine...? :'( ) and the Souma family need to give her a White Day gift! Momiji, (who
Kunori
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aimee
Jul 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soooo what if I'm read a manga? I swore to myself in high school that I would never become one of those obsessive girls - its just weird. And I have stayed true to that promise. But I have to read these. There's no going back.

The story and situations the characters find themselves in are nothing short of hysterical.

Yes, Fruits Basket is my greatest guilty pleasure. I love it.
question........ 11 72 Jun 01, 2015 07:38AM
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 5 (Alice 19th, #5)
  • Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 12 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #12)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)
  • D.N.Angel, Vol. 5 (D.N.Angel, #5)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 12
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 7 (Vampire Knight, #7)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 11
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu

Fruits Basket (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 8
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 9
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 10
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 11
“Tohru: Shigure is always smiling. But, I wonder if I gave him some problems with my request.
Yuki: The only ones who can truly understand what Shigure is thinking is Hatori and... a few other people. Someone has said this before. It is said that he is like a "tide..." A tide that carries you away when you get too close to it. The tide touches your feet... But when you reach down to touch it, it will have already departed. It is within your reach, yet you may never catch it...”
12 likes