Start by marking “Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)

Moon Craving

(Children of the Moon #2)

Bestselling author Lucy Monroe pens a scorching tale of passion, deception, and a wild love that can't be tamed...

If it were up to him, Talorc—laird of the Sinclair clan and leader of his werewolf pack—would never marry. But when the king orders Talorc to wed an Englishwoman, the lone wolf is shocked to find a challenge in his mate, the strong-willed Abigail. And after a p
Published February 2nd 2010 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Moon Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Craving

Feminista
Spoilers:

Another book that has left me distasteful. And it was going so wonderfully too!

So this is what basically happens, Abigail keeps it a secret that she is deaf from her husband. After finding out that she is, her husband takes great offence and treats it like she has betrayed him. He and his clan refused to listen to her reasons. They even say that the do not care what her reason is.

Talorc, meanwhile, has been keeping secrets too. Does he think, wow, I am such a hypocrite? The answer is no
Katie(babs)
Abigail has no choice but to marry Talorc, the Scottish laird of the Sinclair clan. She’s not pleased to be such a sacrifice, but at least she will be out from under her mother who hates her. Ever since Abigail became deaf at the age of ten due to a fever, her mother Sybil has not been able stand the sight of her and thinks she should have died because of her disability. If not for the aid of her step-sister Emily, Abigail would never have learned to read lips and talk in such a way where no one ...more
new_user
Dec 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PNR fans
I read Moon Awakening , the first book in this series, but Moon Craving still managed to surprise me. Moon Craving follows Abigail, whom readers may remember as the deaf sister to the heroine from book one. Well, she gets her hero here, and what a winding road that is.

Craving features some misunderstandings and the circuitious, mercilessly nit-picking dialogue that I'm coming to understand as Lucy Monroe's habit, but the conversations were more relevant here and there were fewer point-by-point
Wyrdness
I found this a rather annoying read. Some of my rant may be construed as vague minor spoilers, so I'll do us all a favour and put it under a spoiler tag.

(view spoiler)
Lynsey A
This is 4.5 stars. This was such a delightful book to read. It had some great warm and fuzzy moments for me. The only thing is I felt the ending was just a bit abrupt. Other than that I really enjoyed this book.
SheLove2Read
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This 2nd book in Monroe's Children of the Moon series was fabulous. Abigail was a heroine you couldn't not help but admire and want to call friend. Talorc had just the right amount of alpha male gruffness combined with protectiveness and sensitivity to his wife/mate to be believable. Their romance wasn't exactly tortured but it wasn't easy either, with both parties keeping "the big secret" from each other. The HEA was good but a little rushed in my opinion. I would have liked the resolution to h ...more
Janie
I really enjoyed this book! Talorc in my opinion is just pure perfection!
Zeek
Great pnr, hist/rom mash up. Alpha hero (naturally, he's a werewolf) unique heroine (she's deaf) and fantastic chemistry. I want more! 4.5 out of 5 from me!
Paranormal Romance
Afflicted with deafness by a nasty illness, the heroine lives as an outcast from the clan and a disappointment to her mother. But she's learned to read lips and with the help of her sister, she's able to hide her secret from everyone around her. She's shocked and hurt when her mother sells her off to a highland lord on behalf of the king, but she has hope that when he learns of her affliction, he'll send her to her sister. So, she heads off to meet her betrothed. The hero barely got out of the l ...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
I really enjoyed this sequel to Moon Awakening. Remember Talorc? Well, his king apparantly thinks that having his betrothed get kidnapped and wed to the rival clan chieftan was poor form, so he sent another to him. It is Emily's half-sister Abigail! The one who she was trying to protect in the first book! But Abigail's mother is an evil woman who tells the king he must send her daughter to the Scottish laird. Abigail's big secret is that she is deaf; a fever stole her hearing when she was 10. Bu ...more
Penny Watson
Jan 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to a recommendation at the Amazon Romance Message Boards (aka Wackadoodle Central), I bought and read this book last night. I have read some contemporaries by Lucy Monroe I really enjoyed, but never any paranormal books by her. Well, Moon Craving is the second in this werewolf series, and I lubbed this baby!

What's better than sexy werewolves?

How about sexy werewolves who also happen to be Scottish lairds-alpha-hotties with that wicked buttery accent, tattoos, stubbly beards, muscles on th
Aayesha Khatri
Jul 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aayesha by: Janie
This was a very lukewarm story for me
I did not feel Abigail and Talorc's love, or their chemistry. It would have been a 3 star story had it not been for the (view spoiler)
Laurie Ryan
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so loving this series. Moon Awakening was a great story. Moon Craving is even better. Ms. Monroe manages to show a woman who has hidden a disability her entire life as a strong heroine. I fell in love with Abigail. And Talorc definitely found a place in my heart, also. How can such a strong Chrete warrior be so sweet and kind? I recommend you read this story to find out. Well done, Lucy Monroe! I’m off to go find book 3 in the series.
Rinou
3,5/5
As in the first book of the series, I really liked the world-building, and the mixing between historical and fantasy is really pleasant. I liked how the heroine overcame her deafness, and how the members of the clan accepted it once they knew. I understood the hero reaction, but I would have yelled at him because he was hiding his true self too but I wasn't alone while I was reading LOL. I just found the problems with the housekeeper and the old man were resolved too fast.
Bea
This is one of my favorite shifter series, one that I re-read often. What is special about it is that it is set in historical Scotland AND it is a shifter series-- you rarely see that.

I enjoyed the female lead, she was not too spunky that she was not period appropriate. I love the book!
Maria
Going to reread this again. There is a backstory involving two males which is what first peaked my interest in reading a MM novel. Ahh the memories.

Not as good the second time around. I still remember the backstory fondly as my start into the realm of MM reading.
mad4rombks
Re-read.

Re-read 11/8/15.

Re-read June 2018.
Chris
Jul 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, I loved the first book of this series. This one was almost as good, but I did like the first book better, nevertheless this one was good and look forward to the next one......
Tilequa
great i loved it i couldnt stop reading
Maya
3.5 No es una historia hermosisima, pero entretiene. Me gustó
Kathy
Nessa
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I HAD SEVERE MIXED FEELINGS WHEN IT CAME TO TALORC'S STORY, MAINLY BECAUSE HE WAS SUCH A JERK IN THE FIRST BOOK, BUT IT'S ALSO NICE TO SEE A HEROINE WHO CAN MAKE HIM FINALLY SET ASIDE HIS ABHORRENCE TOWARDS THE ENGLISH.

OUR HERO was initially betrothed to the heroine of this story, until Emily took her place. Of course, in the first story, Emily meets and fall in love with Lachlan so it was quite humorous to me that the entire circle led right back to the start. So, you can say that fate has alwa
Sara
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó la historia de Tarloc y Abigail!!

Hermosamente divertida y romántica!!

Los personajes son interesantes... y ciertamente, despierta mi interés para leer el anterior...

Oh yeah! Como siempre... haciendolo todo al revés... jajaja

Lo lamento, pero la historia de Emily no llamó mucho mi atención... excepto ahora que leí la de Abigail jajaja

Definitivamente recomendada para pasar un buen rato! :)
CI
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unrealistic representation of what it is like to cope when deaf. Yes, you can lip read but I have never had my deaf friends manage to do that while we are walking one in front of another. Annoying how the author ignored the difgiculties of having to face everyone directly (not from side glances) to read lips properly in two different languages. Plus, no recognition that peoples accents are caused by different mouth movements and so the h would virtually need to learn to lip read again.
May
For a while I wanted to find a good book about Paranormal historical romance.

I finally found one. And the addition of handicapped heroine was also nice

Both have secrets to hide and both started to like each other, which secret shall be revealed first?
MaryD
Excellent book, but one bone to pick- (view spoiler) Other than that, loved seeing how their relationship progressed.
Micheala
3.5
Kat’s Reading Life
Unlike the first Book in the series ‘Moon Awaking’ (see review) this book focuses more on the characters and their struggles then that of the adventure and mystery that is present in the first book.
READ 96 Group 3 am : Moon craving Journal 3 1 1 Nov 07, 2013 10:28PM
READ 96 Group 3 am : Journal 1 1 3 Oct 11, 2013 09:47AM
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 8 Feb 05, 2010 06:44AM
  • Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)
  • Highland Dragon
  • Deal with the Devil
  • Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4)
  • In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • His Wicked Ways (MacKay, #1)
  • North Wolf
  • The Scotsman
  • Return of the Rogue (Sinclare Brothers, #1)
  • The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • The Devil's Lady (de Laci, #1)
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 70 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more

Children of the Moon (5 books)
  • Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1)
  • Moon Burning (Children of the Moon, #3)
  • Dragon's Moon (Children of the Moon, #4)
  • Warrior's Moon (Children of the Moon, #5)