Start by marking “Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life” as Want to Read:
Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life

Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life

How to rewire your brain to improve virtually every aspect of your life-based on the latest research in neuroscience and psychology on neuroplasticity and evidence-based practices Not long ago, it was thought that the brain you were born with was the brain you would die with, and that the brain cells you had at birth were the most you would ever possess. Your brain was tho ...more
Published March 9th 2010 by Wiley (first published January 1st 2010)

Serena
Oct 06, 2010 rated it liked it
I expected a bit more from this book. It is a very, very basic review of the factors that influence neuroplasticity. It sort of reads like an extremely long magazine article, full of bulleted lists of tips (for example: maximize your micronutrients, which feed the proteins that power your brain; don't eat too much fried food or sugar . . . yadda). The recommendations are basically common sense, but I did find it interesting to know why, neurologically, I should move my butt each day, eat vegetab ...more
♥ Ibrahim ♥
There is not enough praise I can give for this book as it is written by an expert in the field of neuroplasticity who knows how to communicate in simple English to anybody while still sounding like a scientist. This is a book that I can refer to often as it has specific steps that one can keep mind and try to put into action order to "rewire" his brain. Too bad I can't write too long of a review but that would mean having to copy down big portions of the book in order to be fair.
Serena Long ﺕ
Once thought to be "hard-wired," the brain is actually "soft-wired" by experience. Neuroscientific research is now telling us that the brain is quite plastic. What an important book. Absolutely amazing! I would recommend this book to everybody.
T
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
-Neurons that fire together wire together.

-Train yourself to think, feel, and behave on a regular basis to rewire your brain.

-The more you do something the more likely it is that you will do it again in the future. The same goes for thinking. The more you think about something the more it will pop up in your mind again and again. Repetition rewards the brain and boosts habits.

-Not only does repeated behavior change the structure of the brain through neuroplasticity, repeated thinking about or i
Nicholas
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand the neuroscience behind habit forming (and wants to form new ones) To anyone that is feeling lethargic, has periods of anxiety, depression, insomnia or short - term memory problems. This book gives solid examples for some of the reasons why we develop these problems and how to use Neuroplasticity to physically restructure the brain. The book uses a system called FEED. And explains that through Focus, Effort, Effortlessness and Determination ...more
Cassandra Kay Silva
This book comes across as more "self help" type than scientific type. I found that despite his ability to describe things with fancy scientific names, there was no real new information here. Get lots of sleep, eat well, and exercise is what this book should have been called.
Mara Shaw
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended for anyone with interest in the brain who wants to understand how to decrease anxiety or depression, improve memory and resiliency and improve their engagement in their lives.

It's a thorough analysis of the areas of the brain associated with emotion, memory and cognitive function, their individual roles and specific ways to optimize their functioning to master emotions, memory and engagement. Well worth a thoughtful read.

Arden presents an in-depth rationale for a vast array of chang
Christine
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting and informative read for anyone who wants to learn about the brain and how we can optimize it. I found some of the neuroscience sections to be a bit boring, but at the same time it was necessary reading to understand why certain behaviors/actions affect the brain the way they do. I learned valuable tips for both diet and exercise, and because of the neuro info, I can understand better why these tips are beneficial. So many diets, workouts or self help books recommend action withou ...more
Joseph Schneider
The science of Neuro plasticity is covered extensively in this book with many techniques for keeping it healthy! I enjoyed the multifaceted way he covered the brain and it’s many cognitive functions. I would recommend this book to any one interested in brain health.

Дмитрий Маслюковский
D. Millman says his 'way of the peaceful warrior' changes lives, I think this one really does.
One of the best books about how brain works with explanations of complex stuff in simple language.
And most importantly, it's not only theories, you can apply this new knowledge and exercises from the book right away.
Recommended.
mandeep Gandhi
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think the depth in which material is covered quite extensively. The author makes a very good attempt to connect mind and the brain( and its chemistry)
Elizabeth Hall
Had some good information about how to make changes in your life, based on studies of the brain.
Nguyen Luan
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is recommended for everyone, I still love to read this book and happy to have found this wonderful and helpful book . I would recommend this book to anyone. I have extracted from the book some paragraphs that I like best in order to introduce this good book to the readers. You can read these interesting quotes prior to making a decision to read the whole book....!

"Stress is a fact of life"

"If you want to improve your memory"

Thanks and Wish you and your family health and success.
Dino
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The problem I have with this is that it was pretty inconsistent. There would often be a recommendation on what not to do but no advice on what to do. Leaving me in the dark isn't the best idea when you just told me anxiety is going to kill my brain.

It was also written pretty terribly in some places.

The general advice however, is still good.

If you are going to read a neuro book stay away from this one and go look up the way the Brain changes itself.
Stacie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who has always suffered from anxiety, this book was extremely helpful in providing ways of overcoming and managing anxiety.

Moreover, this book is written in a very accessible way, it provides you with the important information but in a digestibility way, which makes it an enjoyable and easy read.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who struggles with their mental health.
Shannon Smith
Parts of this were Ok, and it provides some nice tips for a variety of issues. I don't agree with the author's thoughts on food and recommending that individuals imagine the certain (what I would guess people call "bad") food as being disgusting in a way. That doesn't make for a future of a healthy relationship with food at all.
Andyg.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Appky FEED technique...everything is hard before it comes effortless, the more you learn the more neurological structures you build.
More neurological structures=less neurological damage Alzheimer and other illnesses can make.
Kimberly Harris
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book on practical ways to use science to help "rewire your brain" for a happier and healthier life. I regret that I don't own this book, because it is best underlined, with notes to self, and the ability to re-read sections as you try to apply the methods into your own life.
Steven L Cox
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
extremely helpful

This is one of the most helpful books I have read in a very long time. No fluff and ra-ra, new age mumbo jumbo. Hard facts with documentation make this a must read if you are serious about changing your life.
Alessandra
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting reading. The method explained can be applied to everything
Amy
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good chapters
ruhama rumman
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
doing something even after failing is better than not doing anything
Peter
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you can get past the acronyms, some good advice and breaking old habits and starting new better ones.
Sameera Shaik
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read, favorites
It's a very informative book on how brain plays a crucial role in ones life and how it be changed
Ella
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great self-help book, and I liked and enjoyed how the author laid out the steps, methods, and techniques in a manner that is interesting and easy to understand and follow.
Rol Ordaz
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consolidates great facts and information regarding neuroplasticity. No new messages or techniques.
Paul
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good ideas to extend your brain possibilities. Also contains introduction to neurophysiology (very brief, if you read something about brain structure - you'll see nothing new).
Ali Ghobishavi
Recommend this book.
Ben Tousey
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-my-kindle
Well, clearly I'm going to have to read this one again, because there's so much there, and even though I tried to take it all in in one shot... there's a lot of information in there.
What I liked most about this book was the way he explained how the brain works. He shows which part of the brain helps facilitate which function and how necessary it is that they all work together.
Until I read this book, I didn't really understand that I simply could not multitask. Okay, I suspected that this was the
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unchain Your Brain
  • Wired For Joy: A Revolutionary Method for Creating Happiness from Within
  • The Accidental Mind: How Brain Evolution Has Given Us Love, Memory, Dreams, and God
  • The Open-Focus Brain: Harnessing the Power of Attention to Heal Mind and Body
  • Neurosculpting: A Whole-Brain Approach to Heal Trauma, Rewrite Limiting Beliefs, and Find Wholeness
  • Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to Transform Ourselves
  • Freedom from Pain: Discover Your Body's Power to Overcome Physical Pain
  • This Book Has Issues: Adventures In Popular Psychology
  • The Playful Brain: The Surprising Science of How Puzzles Improve Your Mind
  • The HeartMath Solution: The Institute of HeartMath's Revolutionary Program for Engaging the Power of the Heart's Intelligence
  • Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health
  • Mindhacker: 60 Tips, Tricks, and Games to Take Your Mind to the Next Level
  • Boost Your Brain: The New Art and Science Behind Enhanced Brain Performance
  • The Quantum Self
  • Neurobiology of “We,” The: How Relationships, the Mind, and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are
  • A More Excellent Way: Be in Health: Pathways of Wholeness, Spiritual Roots of Disease
  • The Woman Who Changed Her Brain: And Other Inspiring Stories of Pioneering Brain Transformation
  • You Are Not Your Brain: The 4-Step Solution for Changing Bad Habits, Ending Unhealthy Thinking, and Taking Control of Your Life
“By focusing on possibilities, you can see more than a potential light at the end of the tunnel. The light doesn't have to be at the end of the tunnel; it can illuminate an opportunity wherever you are.” 7 likes
“Some researchers have proposed that experiencing empathy and compassion through the mirror neuron system is equivalent to having compassion for yourself. Thus, “giving is receiving ” is a brain-based truth. Insensitivity and selfishness are essentially bad for your brain and your mental health. In contrast, compassion and loving relationships are good for your brain and your mental health.” 6 likes