Start by marking “Frame-Up” as Want to Read:
Frame-Up

Frame-Up

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  103 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Will Pruett is a young magazine journalist with a father who sits on death row, claiming innocence. While his father's execution date looms, capital punishment is under consideration for abolishment by the state government of New York. Will seeks to influence the debate and to speed the abolishment along by framing himself for a murder he had nothing to do with--demonstrat ...more
Published January 13th 2010 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Frame-Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frame-Up

Misty Baker
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have had several periods of literary addiction in my life. My classics phase, where I devoured anything and everything written in the 1800′s. My romance phase, where I didn’t really care how cheesy it came, as long as the story had some smooching, and then… my who-done-it phase, where I cleaned out the Barnes & Noble shelves of authors like Patrica Cornwell, Robin Cook and James Patterson.

It has been a while (I hate to confess) since I have committed my brain to the inner workings of a “co
Colette
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ruth Ferguson
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, kindle
Despite knowing from the beginning how key elements of the book would likely play out (and they did) the book was well written and a page turner because there were multiple storylines.

Will, who clearly allows is visions of greatness and self righteousness to put his brain on pause, agrees to frame himself for the ugly murder of a racist cop. But Will is determined to prove the obvious - black men sometimes get convicted for crimes they did not commit and end up on death row. Just like his father
Barb
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Frame-Up, a free e-book from Amazon, had a different plot that caught my interest. Will conspires with his publisher to get himself framed for murder to, among other more personal reasons, prove how easily an innocent man can be wrongfully convicted and sentenced to the death penalty. after he successfully gets himself arrested and charged with the capital murder of a police officer and thrown in jail, Will has second thoughts and wants out, only to find his publisher denies the whole plot. Will ...more
Al
Jul 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Will, an overly-ambitious magazine writer, and his publisher concoct a scheme, frame the writer for a murder he didn’t commit and hold back the evidence that will eventually exonerate him. Will objects to the death penalty, some of his reasons very personal. This should make his point to the public and maybe win him a Pulitzer Prize. Brilliant idea, right?

On its’ face the premise seems farfetched, but as I came to understand Will and his motivations I bought into it. I’ve read that any fiction r
Brinda
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this up as a free e-book. The premise seemed interesting and looked like a good book to get me out of my romance rut. A black reporter attempts to frame himself for murder in order to show how easy it is for an innocent person to get the death penalty. What could possibly go wrong?

Sounds like a bad idea from the beginning, but Will has his reasons, which override his common sense. It is interesting enough to keep you reading to find out how he gets out of this mess. Sam Ortiz, the detec
WiLoveBooks
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012

Joo
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Yet another well writen original story from Eric Christopherson. I enjoyed his other two books and this one is possibly the best.

In short it's the story of a black newspaper writer who has the idea to frame himself for a murder just to prove how injustices occur when someone is in the wrong place at the wrong time and coincidences occur.

It kind of reminded me of a John Grisham novel where the story gets deeper and deeper. It was very well written and a very good read.

I'm just sad now that I have
Joy Stephenson
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Will Pruett, a black New York journalist, is persuaded to allow himself to be framed for the murder of a police officer, in order to bring to public attention how often black people are subject to mis-carriages of justice. This is a good zippy thriller, which is generally well-plotted and with believable characters. The only part I wasn't entirely happy with was the end - I don't want to give it away by going into detail. However, I enjoyed this and read it very quickly.
Therese
Mar 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really good thriller.
Jodi Jeannette
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of this book- a guy who wants to prove the system is flawed, but who changes his mind out of fear... very cool story!
Barbara King
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok

Good story but the policewoman's one liners made her look like an idiot. I don't think that was the intent of the authors.
Barb
Jul 04, 2012 added it
Great book! Lots of twists and turns!
Amber Moore
this book was good but really dragged at times. it really opens your eyes to watch ur back.
Chris
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Willow Pond
  • Zoned for Murder
  • Shadow of Death
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Irrefutable
  • Heaven's Rage
  • Amelia's Last Secret
  • Fraidy Hole
  • Double Exposure
  • Man of Wax (Man of Wax Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood Island
Eric is a former police officer and federal government consultant. His undergraduate degree is from the University of Texas at Tyler, and he has a graduate degree from Duke University. He was born in California, grew up in New England, and has since lived throughout the USA and a bit in Asia. He now lives in semi-rural Ohio with his wife, Seiko, and their children, Keith and Annabel.
More about Eric Christopherson...