Start by marking “Time, emiT, and Time Again” as Want to Read:
Time, emiT, and Time Again

Read eBook* *Different edition

Time, emiT, and Time Again

Hard science fiction written to stimulate your mind without forgetting you have a heart. -- In this collection of short stories and essays, each piece begins with an idea about time and with an idea about love, then follow to see where they lead. Frozen time, time that flows back and forth, time modified by relativity (both physical and familial), post-singularity accelera ...more
Published June 30th 2010 by Modern Evil Press

To ask other readers questions about Time, emiT, and Time Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time, emiT, and Time Again

Start your review of Time, emiT, and Time Again
Gabriel
Jul 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
[Won the book in a Goodreads First Reads contest:]

Though the premise seems stretched in a few stories (either the love or the time is shortchanged in two or three of the stories), the short stories are all well written and very exciting. For many, real time seems paused as the story unfolds and it is only with disbelief that I notice the clock still moving when I looked up from the pages.

This is one of those few SF books where the hard sf (sometimes glossed over, sometimes a little
Cristy
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Cristy by: http://modernevil.com/time-emit-and-t...
Shelves: read-harder-2017
Read Harder Challenge #21(b): Read a book published by a micropress.
Mscout
Jul 20, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads, scifi
I won this on a Frst Reads giveaway and was really intrigued by the premise. It is a collection of short stories, each based on a specific idea about time: time travel, expansion of time, time that folds in upon itself, etc. The time concept is then put into use for a story about love, whether romantic, paternal or fraternal. So yes, I have to admit I was definitely more intrigued by the science aspect...

It started off really well with the first story: what happens if time stops for
Lynnda Ell
Jun 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
(My name was drawn to receive this book from First Reads.)

Time, emiT, and Time Again was stimulating to read. The book contains essays about time and sci-fi stories in which something about time is central to plot. Both "Second Thoughts" (the first story in the book) and "Buying Time" (the last story) are thoughtful, well-written short stories that tell us that if "A" were true about time, then "B" could happen in ordinary lives.

Since I have not known anyone whose concepts about time are
Rachel
Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
While I thought that the stories in this book had a lot of potential, they all missed the mark somehow. The first and last stories, Second Thoughts and Buying Time, were probably my favorite of all. The romance distracted me from the confusion I felt in most of the stories. There was simply too much going on for me to fully grasp what was going on. More concise writing may have made the complex story lines a little easier to understand. It wasn't always easy to catch an important aspect (like wh ...more
Kathy
Jun 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Just got my giveaway copy today! Looks good!
This book has exceeded my expectations! Mr. McClanahan is very imaginative. The stories are so original and creative and the topics are diverse too.
I especially liked Oracular Offspring. The blurb on the cover says it all. Science fiction for people with a heart.
Try it-you'll like it!
Darci
Jun 30, 2010 rated it liked it
I won this book as a first read and I was enjoying it. My dog had other ideas about what should be done with the book though and I didn't get to finish reading it. :-( As with all short stories there were some that I read that I enjoyed more then others, but I didn't dislike any of them that I read. I'm sad that I didn't get to finish reading it.
Lise
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it

3.5 stars really. Fascinating vignettes on time manipulation and love. The stories share a sense of eeriness which works better in some than in others, once or twice they veer from eerie to uncomfortable without quite reaching creepy (which I would have preferred).
Scott Roche
Feb 17, 2011
Rob
Feb 08, 2012
Teel
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
Jessica
Barbara Shelton
Marcy Strahan
Jun 29, 2010
Teel is happily married to an English teacher and they live together in Phoenix, AZ with a grumpy old cat, a skittish young cat, and thousands of books, both read and to-be-read. Virtual Danger is Teel’s nineteenth book, and there are plenty more trying to work their way into this world through the aperture of Teel's imagination, hoping to be found and loved by readers like you. Interestingly, none of t ...more