Start by marking “Wolfe's Hope (Breeds, #10)” as Want to Read:
Wolfe's Hope (Breeds, #10)

Wolfe's Hope (Breeds #10)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  6,048 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews

Book 1 in the series Wolf Breeds

Hope believed Wolfe was dead, but he was only waiting for the right time to claim her. The scientist who created him, Hope's mother, has forced his hand. She wants her creation back, and she wants any children he may breed on her daughter.
He is a man whose DNA was altered, infused with the genetic code of the wolf. His unique genetic makeup

Published November 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published December 5th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Wolfe's Hope, please sign up.

Rise This is a short story, but I notice that this story is found in Primal Heat book with 3 other authors. Sherri L. King, Jaci Burton & Lorie…moreThis is a short story, but I notice that this story is found in Primal Heat book with 3 other authors. Sherri L. King, Jaci Burton & Lorie O'Clare. (less)

Alex is The Romance Fox
What a disappointment!!! I was so looking forward to Hope and Wolf’s story but all I read was more explicit mating frenzies….with a lot of same from previous books
 photo 554d6651-71a8-487f-92bb-918463b5be81_zps757b3505.jpg

and a lot of
 photo images_zpsc1b68019.jpg
and lots of
 photo download2_zpsb427c7d6.jpg
wow, everything about Hope did it for Wolf,
 photo download1_zps4138173f.jpg
even though he wanted to kill her…why???? Because she betrayed him but not really…she just had an evil Mom who just happened to be a WICKED SCIENTIST!!!!

Okay, I really enjoy erotic romance but after reading pages and pages of explicit sex (which I like as wel
Sophia Triad
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breeds 10
Wolf Breeds 2
Featured Couple: Wolfe (wolf) & Hope (human)

I would like to start with an observation I have been dying to point out since the day I started writing the Breeds Reviews:

Felines’ leader: Callan Lyons with his book “Tempting The Beast”, pages 284
Coyotes’ leader: Del-Rey Delgato with his book “Coyote's Mate”, pages 341
Wolves’ leader: Wolfe Gunnar with his book “Wolfe's Hope”, pages 41 !!!

There is nothing that can be done now. I just wanted to say that it is a bit unfair…

Any
Bark's Book Nonsense
Apr 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
I’ve only read one book by author Lora Leigh. It was called Menage A Magick and I picked it up because of the catchy blurbage that delivered on the promise of the heroine being “the filling in a wizard sandwich”. Tell me, could you have resisted?

Anyway it was okay, nothing special, nothing awful so I decided to try this one when it turned up in audiobook format. I’ll read anything on audio and I mistakenly thought this was Book 1 in the Wolf Breeds series
Litzy
lo lei por que trataba de lobos... ha sido mi primer libro de esta autora y creo que va a ser el ultimo. No me gusta esa relacion de chica débil y macho desconfiado. -3- puede que lea otro pero si es igual, me despido de está autora.
Zeek
Way too short to make this one really work- Wolfe came off too harsh and unreasonable- BUT I love what I see of these two later on in the books ...

I’m hoping LL will revamp and expand. Though only $2.99 from EC, it’s too short by far.

He is a man whose DNA was
PJ
2.5 'Hopeful' Stars
Audiobook version

This reminded me so much of a Laurann Dohner New Species book. That's a positive. Everything was there: great setup & story idea, strong characters with sizzling chemistry, My only issue was that the story was entirely too short. Even 50 more pages building up the background and their history, drawing out Wolfe's search for Hope, how torn he is between his rage and his lust for her. There's just not quite enough here. It would make a great Prologue to anot
Kerry
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, romance, paranormal, 5, 2010
This is one of Lora Leigh's early entries in her Breeds series, a short story published with Ellora's Cave. In the years since, the series has moved to mainstream publisher Berkley, and she has significantly expanded the world she has created.

I'm one of those people who really likes to read a series in order. This can become quite a stress when publication order and chronological order differ and I have to choose one or the other to follow. In this case, I'm working with the series chronology pr
Erika
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters

Wolfe just seemed like a stupid a** to me. Like he was completely unable to look at facts and comes to reasonable conclusions. He did not redeem himself AT ALL. The heroine should have made him suffer for a good long time. Ah well. 40+ pages didn't provide much time for that I suppose.

Mhairi
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wolf's Hope (a short story) in the breeds series while a great start to the introduction to the pack and wolves I just wish it had been a bit longer.
Asounani
Unnn estuvo bien pero le falto bastante, es divertido esta escritora tiene un claro problema desarrolla demasiado algunas historia al punto de volverlas pesadas y monotonas y otras simplemente no les da importancia.

En general esta es una de las historias a las que no le dio importancia solo la creo y listo no penso demasiado solo siguio el patro de otras. Una lastima de 10 hasta ahora rescato como 3 o 4 historias a lo mucho
Melanie S.
Es gibt gute Kurzgeschichten und es gibt jene, die das genaue Gegenteil davon sind. „Wolfes Hoffnung“ zählt zu letzterer Kategorie und im Grunde kann man sie auch gleich wieder vergessen. Genau genommen ist die Kurzgeschichte eine einzige lange Sexszene, ohne tiefere Gefühle, ohne Einbettung in die Reihe, ohne weitere Informationen. Kennt man die Reihe nicht, wird man mit der Geschichte selbst nichts anfangen und sie nicht einordnen können und auch das Verhalten der Charaktere wird ohne dieses V ...more
Lindap
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 Stars

This could have been a decent full length novel, but as a novella it wasn't long enough to really get into.
Dina
Story available in print format in Primal Heat anthology.
78sunny
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-sammelbänden
Sicher bin ich etwas voreingenommen, was diese Story betrifft, aber ich denke auch wenn ich kein Fan der Breeds Reihe wäre (wo diese Kurzgeschichte Band 10 darstellt), würde ich diese von den vier Stories in der Anthologie am besten finden. Für mich hat die Art und Weise wie Frau Leigh schreibt einfach ein ganz anderes Niveau als zum Beispiel von Frau King oder Frau O'Claire. Sie schafft es mich auch bei so wenigen Seiten komplett in die Geschichte zu ziehen, mitfühlen zu lassen und richtig mitg ...more
Delta
1.5 stars Warning, Will Robinson...This tale is illogical!

First, apologies to my friends who loved this. I simply cannot agree on this one.

It is insulting to readers' intelligence when authors are very inconsistent with their own world building as is the case in Wolfe's Hope. Given what the readers know about breeds after just one story, most of this tale is not logical. For the record, I have generally enjoyed the Breeds series up until the past couple of books when the logic problems and som
Shannon (Savhage Temptrest)
"Wolfe's Hope" by Lora Leigh is a short story in the Breeds series that was very informative and erotic with just a touch of violence.

This is the backstory for Wolfe, the Wolf Breed leader of a pack that escaped a Genetics Council lab the same time the Feline Breeds revealed themselves to the world, and his mate Hope, the daughter of one of the scientists that ran the Breeds lab.

Although this was just a short story, it gave a lot of information on relationship between Wolfe and Hope, and it intr
PepperP0t
Delia Bainsmith is the lead scientist of the Mexican lab for the dreaded council in charge of imprisoning and experimenting on the Breeds they'd created. When Wolfe kills a guard to protect Delia's daughter, Hope, Delia surmises it's the trigger for the mating bond and orders Wolfe to impregnate Hope for the next phase of the council's plan.

After the explosion that destroyed the lab, Delia spent years trying to locate the breed wolves or proof of their death. Meanwhile she kept an eye on Hope's
twelvejan [Alexandria]
Giving this a 2.5. Nothing impressive. The foreplay ain't to shabby though. 3/4 of the books was like this:-

description

But hey, it's only 41 pages.

description
Laura Beth
41 page novella consisting of not much more than 2 scenes. I like the premises for this story but this is really just a very, very short story introducing the new wolf pack. Lora Leigh has lots of short stories in this series and while they are ok, they lack the character development and the ability to draw a reader into the story like the full length novels do.
Kathryn
I promise that the low rating is not due to this being such a short story, though I would have appreciated at least a novella length allowance for more depth of the characters. The setup was great, as a way to introduce the wolf breeds. But what Wolfe does to Hope did not sit well with me. How Hope instantly forgives Wolfe sat even worse. Maybe I should be happy this was not longer.
Dee
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Sammy Loves Books
LL managed to stage a kidnapping, torture, sex and murder in 42 pages. Wolfe is in search of a confession from the girl he loves. He believes he has been betrayed. So he tortures his lover for information....tortures her with depraved sex that is. And that makes for some hot reading!
Coyora Dokusho
Okay, sooooo I went to read the ones in order of publication rather than chronology, because I was getting frustrated with continuity issues. The earlier ones are SUBSTANTIALLY CRAPPIER, just so you know. This one too was pretty crappy.
Adoore
I really liked both characters a lot but the story needed to be extended. It was way to short. It had such potential as a full length novel instead the short novella did not do the story justice. It could have been better.
AL
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: friggin-hawt
Finally the wolf I wanted to meet :D.. This short story was smokin hot! Glad Hope and Wolfe found each other and fixed their problems. But the way he tortured her (MMMMM MMM MMM) you can torture me like that anytime baby :D!
Kay
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
This was originally released as part of the Primal Heat anthology, and later released as a novella.

While I enjoyed this very much, I found it lacked the intensity and spark that I've come to expect in a full novel by Lora Leigh. This is a wonderful filler story in the Breed saga.
Sharon
This was a very short and quick read about Wolfe and Hope. Wolfe came across as very, very unreasonable and was intent on making Hope "pay" for her infedilities.
I'm hoping there is more of them in upcoming books.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I love the Breed books, however this one was one my least favorite ones. Maybe just because there wasn't enough time to develop the story.
Deidre
Jul 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow ...this is a very short story. A little disapointing as I had read the other books and was curious about Wolf & Hope ....this doesn't give you much.
Sillylittlefishey
I enjoyed what their was of it, but was way too short to really get to know the characters.
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Wolf Tales II  (Wolf Tales #2)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Manaconda (Trek Mi Q'an #6) (Horde Wars #4)
  • Sophie's Dragon (Supernatural Bonds, #3)
  • Justice (New Species, #4)
  • Kiss of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers, #1)
  • Legend's Passion (Devlin Dynasty, #4)
  • Kye's Heart (Roxie's Protecters, #5)
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • Hide and Seek (Rutledge Werewolves, #2)
  • Tri Mates (Cascadia Wolves, #2)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 1)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Blackstar: Future Knight
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...

Breeds (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • The Breed Next Door (Breeds, #6)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #11; Wolf Breeds, #3)