Start by marking “Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)” as Want to Read:
Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)

Say No To Joe?

(Visitation, North Carolina #1)

Joe Winston has a routine with women - he exists, they swoon - roll credits. With his smouldering looks, macho style, and irrepressible charm, Joe can have any woman - except the one he really wants. Secretly, Luna Clark may lust after Joe, but she's made it clear that she's too smart for him.
Published (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Say No To Joe?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say No To Joe?

Mindy Lou's Book Review
This was one of the most entertaining books and I absolutely loved it! The beginning had me fooled. I'm not a huge fan of the ultimate player who thinks marriage is worse than jail. The beginning was focused on Joe's playboy ways a bit too much, but once Luna asked for Joe's help, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much Joe was gone for Luna. The story just got better and better from there.

Luna is being asked to take over guardianship of her 14 and 9 year old cousins that she didn't even know
Kat Valentine
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I read by Lori foster,one of the ladies at my library knew I loved romance books and she picked it out for me and the rest is history!!! I loved this book so much that I started ordering all her books!! Lori foster is my fave contemporary writer all her books are awesome.Her men are all alpha and hot as hell!!! She also writes damn good erotica too and I'm very picky with that genre it has to have a great storyline. Check her out if you haven't read any of her books,their ...more
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

This is a reprint of a 2003 book, and as far as I can tell hasn't been updated. Joe buys the kids a VCR and tapes. Very sweet romance between Luna and Joe with some intrigue and action and a little angst. Very sweet kids who've had a rough time that you will just fall in love with. There's a bunch of other peeps who I think have had stories or will. Jamie Creed is spooky.
Floripiquita
Dec 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pufffff. Menuda castaña pilonga. El prota masculino es de traca y ese horrendo tatuaje ya ni te cuento. Es un NO para mí y eso que la serie Mercenarios de la misma autora me gustó mucho (sobre todo los 2 primeros libros).
Carvanz
What a wonderfully perfect read! I dug into this one at a time when everything around me was feeling very dark and heavy and this book absolutely gave to me exactly what I needed. From the moment this hero meets the heroine he knows he wants her, but doesn’t claim it’s love, and remains celibate until he finally has her 3 months later. He was possessive and jealous and above all protective of her and the children she has gained custody of.

This heroine was the perfect balance of independent, fei
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
4.5/5

Loved this book. It was exactly what I needed, light and adorable with a dash of emotional romance. I loved the relationship that Joe and Luna created with the children and the added mystery made this book addictive.

I loved that Luna wasn't the usual dainty female. She was unique and tough and didn't take shit from anybody. I had a distinct dislike for Joe throughout the beginning of the book, he was sexist and frustrating but as the story progressed and the children were introduced his ch
Erika (OwlwaysReading)
“The wisest people in the world are the ones who know they’ll make mistakes, especially when dealing with kids.”

For the Low Angst Love’s (LAL) book of the month (February) challenge I choose “Say No to Joe”, based on a recommendation from Mindy here on GR. And Mindy… you did not leave me astray. I absolutely fell in love with Joe, Luna, Willow, & Austin. I even enjoyed the side characters (Bryan, Scott, Jamie, and Julie Rose), and I’m hopeful for their HEA books as well.

What a FAN-FREAKIN
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Mar 01, 2015 marked it as own-need-to-read
I see this is lending enabled for Kindle. Would anyone be willing to lend it to me?

Thanks for the lend, Michelle!! *hugs*
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Say No To Joe? was a humorous romance, the characters were well fleshed out, and I laughed so hard I snorted while I waited for my bus. Which led to someone saying 'bless you' to me :D
Becky
Say No to Joe? By Lori Foster
Actual Rating: 3 stars

The good:
- The hero, Joe, was seemingly pretty loyal to Luna, the heroine, once they got together
- The kids were cute, if a little cardboard-ish
- I enjoyed the brief glimpses of Alyx, Joe’s sister

The bad:
- I was confused whether or not Joe had been celibate after meeting Luna. He claimed he didn’t want any other women, but he’d clearly gone out on at least one date with Amelia and there were two ladies in his house when Luna showed up (which STI
Didka
Nov 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Харесвам другата поредица на авторката, издадена на БГ, но тази... Много добър сюжет, зле написана - хаотична, недобре изградени образи. В голяма част от времето имах усещането, че съм я почнала от средата и съм пропуснала въвеждащите страници, където авторът ни запознава с героите и живота им. Определено зле написана за мен.
Anita
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, romance

"Say No to Joe" is a reissue of an early Lori Foster book from 2003 and stands the test of time quite well. It is a warm, funny, sexy romp that your will really enjoy, a romance with humor and a touch of mystery/suspense - I LOVE IT!! Joe Winston is a cousin to the Winston Brothers. We met him in "Wild". We also met Luna in that book too.

Luna's family is not close, to say the
Erin Kern
Feb 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first fell in love with Joe Winston when he made his appearance in the Winston Bros. series. He came in as the mysterious, bad older cousin who was able to catch the eye of Luna, a woman who's a polar opposite of him.

Personally I could not have found a better woman to fit Joe's alpha male, dominating personality. She's a little spit-fire who doesn't take any of Joe's Me-Tarzaan-You-Jane tendencies. The two of them have a chemistry that's tangible and burns the pages up.

Ms. Foster uses Joe to m
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved Luna and Joe story! The kids were hilarious and sweet, really nice intrigue and nice steam factor. A winner!
Emris Lindsay
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining and interesting surprise, if I do say so, a funny yet thrilling story with a mix of all things exciting such as love, attempted murder, and other hidden mysteries, these gave the story an enticing endearing quality, with an explosive and fiery chemistry between Joe and Luna. Their natural caring and love for the kids made them a star in my book, the lustful romance brewing between these two is electrifying and rather spicy. The situations the kids find themselves in is all due to ...more
Serena Miles
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta saga es de cinco libros, y de momento este es el que mas me ha gustado con diferencia, es un libro que engancha y muy facilito de leer

Joe... es que desde el libro anterior estaba loca por leer este, me ha encantado

Luna, me hubiera gustado que en este libro hubiera sido tan tan escentrica como en el anterior, pero tambien me ha gustado mucho

Los niños son estupendos, Andie me recordaba a mi hijo

Alyx, pues a mi la hermana no me ha gustado mucho, el que me gustaba mogollon es el poli, Scott

Ja
Lynsey
Wow. I can not tell you how much I love this series of books.

Lori Foster writes such great men. They are really manly, confident, protective and honourable - what real men should be. And Joe is number 1 in my opinion. I also love the women, they are all sassy in their different ways and have bag loads of gumption. Luna is my favourite so far.

I haven't read any of this series in order, but that hasn't spoilt it at all. In fact I've enjoyed piecing all the people together, and I love hearing more
Danielle
Brenda (b)
Lori Foster introduced Joe and Luna in the Winston Brothers series (I read Wildly Winston ) and she told their story here. It was an enjoyable read and I liked the characters. I thought the kids, Willow and Austin, were an interesting part to the story. There was a bit of suspense/mystery on 2 fronts, one involving the man following Joe and the other surrounding the person who was targeting the children.
Isha Coleman
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina) by Lori Foster
Say No To Joe has plenty of laughs and an abundance of heart. What does it take to build a family? Lori Foster is good at giving questions to ponder in her entertaining reads. What starts out as a battle of wills, evolves into a maturity of the heart. Luna and Joe have much to learn about each other. He's egotistical, she's uptight but when the chips are down, it's better to have someone in your corner. Family, laughter and happily ever
Dawn
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a re-release under a different cover but it is my first time reading this particular Lori Foster title and just like all her others this is fantastic!

This book about Joe and Luna is heart wrenching and comical. The story is a beautiful one where friendship becomes more and family stands up for one another. It has a bit of action in it as well. The characters are too funny and the situations they can find themselves in are too.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Lisa Book Shelf
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Monday Book Review ( Net Galley)

Is a fun and Spicy Book with all the trade marks of this author. As she weaves a tale of Joe( ex Cop/Bounty Hunter/Bodyguard ) lover of all women and Free spirited Luna (The Moon Goddess).Luna needs help as she works the path of being a guardian to two kids that needs her help in a town with secrets. But Joe knows he wants her but is he ready for family life and commitments. Check this book out it was a fun read with great characters. Happy Monday ! Lisa
Tami
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: foster-lori
3.5

The 36 year old play boy is tamed by the free spirited psychic wannabe. Nice story.

Susan
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun book. Joe is the typical alpha male, appealing to women, protective when necessary, and anti-commitment. But his tough guy image is a little tarnished at the beginning of the book as he is recovering from being pretty badly beaten. When Luna shows up at his place to ask for his help she finds him being molested by a couple of women, and has no problem running them off.

Luna has been made guardian of two children in a small town that is making a lot of trouble for the kids. She
Caro [The Book Rogue]
After the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series, Lori Foster has proven herself to me, thus I just had to grab something else written by her. Good for me that there's enough to chose from, but I just picked up the first I came across. I'm sure I'll make my way through all her works eventually, though. ^.^

My first thought was that Visitation was a very odd name for a series, because it didn't ring a bell. Then I found out it's actually the name of that town they move to, and when I read the end o
The Belle
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
About ten years ago I was living in a small town that was very outside of my norm. My husband at the time was given a wonderful job opportunity out of state and our family needed a change in a big way, so we made the move from big-city-living in Dallas to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Now, as a Texas girl through and through, I never EVER thought I'd come to live in Oklahoma. I enjoyed a Starbucks on every corner and a mall in all four sectors of my perimeter. Broken Arrow was sleepy and slow, and I h ...more
Mags
I have now reread this book a few times and each time I truly enjoy it more. As it is so easy to read, lighthearted, fun, sweet and really just a lovely romance. That always draws me in and keeps me entertained throughout. As all the characters are extremely likable. Especially the two children Willow and Austin and I love the easy relationship that develops not only between Luna and Joe but between them and the kids.

As for the story itself it has a little action, a couple of hot moments and ple
Shannon
I'd never say no to Joe, that's for sure!
I love the way Lori Foster writes an alpha male...so hot, protective, loving, hot, funny, with the just right about of dominance. And did I mention hot?
And Joe Winston is all that and a bag of chips! Loved his character from the moment we met him in the Winston Brothers series.
Luna is his perfect match, from the time she threw the sandwich at his head.
I really enjoyed this book, from the banter between Joe and Luna, to the compassion and caring Joe show
Jill
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all-time favorites! Definitely my favorite Lori Foster book, Say No To Joe has everything I look for in a good romance. The characters are not only likable, they're interesting and definitely have chemistry that just leaps off the page. Another mark of a great book, Foster has created some equally wonderful secondary characters to really add depth to the story. The plot is great, the character awesome, and the romance is hot and perfectly balanced with the rest of the story. I ...more
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)
  • Mouth to Mouth
  • Talk Nerdy to Me (Nerds, #5)
  • Tangled Up In You (Truly Idaho, #2; Writer Friends, #3)
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • The Real Deal
  • Santa, Baby
  • Promises Reveal (Promises, #4)
  • The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Fearless (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #3-4)
  • Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3)
  • Sexiest Man Alive (Make Me a Match, #2)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro

Visitation, North Carolina (5 books)
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn... (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Just a Hint - Clint (Visitation, North Carolina, #4)
  • Jamie (Visitation, North Carolina, #5)
“He was used to being playful with women, teasing while keeping ultimate control. With Luna, he felt like a berserk marauder. He couldn't even spell control, much less utilize it.” 17 likes
“Hoping to soothe her, Joe said, "Whatever it is I'll get it. Just tell me."

"Tampons."

Joe stalled. Tampons. But she was only... well, fourteen. He had no idea when young ladies needed such things. He said, "Uh...'

"I know," she all but wailed. "I'm sorry. But there aren't any here, and you're already there."

"Yeah, of course." He glanced at Austin. "No problem at all, hon." He swallowed. "Any particular kind?"

...

Hell, he could kick ass on felons, play bodyguard and bounty hunter, so surely he could buy a stupid box of tampons.”
9 likes