Start by marking “Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)” as Want to Read:
Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)

Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina #1)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  4,964 Ratings  ·  133 Reviews
Joe Winston has a routine with women - he exists, they swoon - roll credits. With his smouldering looks, macho style, and irrepressible charm, Joe can have any woman - except the one he really wants. Secretly, Luna Clark may lust after Joe, but she's made it clear that she's too smart for him.
Published (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Say No To Joe?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say No To Joe?

bella ☾✨
4.5/5

Loved this book. It was exactly what I needed, light and adorable with a dash of emotional romance. I loved the relationship that Joe and Luna created with the children and the added mystery made this book addictive.

I loved that Luna wasn't the usual dainty female. She was unique and tough and didn't take shit from anybody. I had a distinct dislike for Joe throughout the beginning of the book, he was sexist and frustrating but as the story progressed and the children were introduced his ch
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Mar 01, 2015 UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish marked it as own-need-to-read
I see this is lending enabled for Kindle. Would anyone be willing to lend it to me?

Thanks for the lend, Michelle!! *hugs*
Erin Kern
Feb 21, 2011 Erin Kern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first fell in love with Joe Winston when he made his appearance in the Winston Bros. series. He came in as the mysterious, bad older cousin who was able to catch the eye of Luna, a woman who's a polar opposite of him.

Personally I could not have found a better woman to fit Joe's alpha male, dominating personality. She's a little spit-fire who doesn't take any of Joe's Me-Tarzaan-You-Jane tendencies. The two of them have a chemistry that's tangible and burns the pages up.

Ms. Foster uses Joe to m
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved Luna and Joe story! The kids were hilarious and sweet, really nice intrigue and nice steam factor. A winner!
Serena Miles
Feb 14, 2017 Serena Miles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta saga es de cinco libros, y de momento este es el que mas me ha gustado con diferencia, es un libro que engancha y muy facilito de leer

Joe... es que desde el libro anterior estaba loca por leer este, me ha encantado

Luna, me hubiera gustado que en este libro hubiera sido tan tan escentrica como en el anterior, pero tambien me ha gustado mucho

Los niños son estupendos, Andie me recordaba a mi hijo

Alyx, pues a mi la hermana no me ha gustado mucho, el que me gustaba mogollon es el poli, Scott

Ja
Lynsey
Wow. I can not tell you how much I love this series of books.

Lori Foster writes such great men. They are really manly, confident, protective and honourable - what real men should be. And Joe is number 1 in my opinion. I also love the women, they are all sassy in their different ways and have bag loads of gumption. Luna is my favourite so far.

I haven't read any of this series in order, but that hasn't spoilt it at all. In fact I've enjoyed piecing all the people together, and I love hearing more
Brenda (b)
Lori Foster introduced Joe and Luna in the Winston Brothers series (I read Wildly Winston ) and she told their story here. It was an enjoyable read and I liked the characters. I thought the kids, Willow and Austin, were an interesting part to the story. There was a bit of suspense/mystery on 2 fronts, one involving the man following Joe and the other surrounding the person who was targeting the children.
Lynette Lee
This is one of those books that makes me kick myself for not reading this author before now. Oh, what fun I've missed! I am going out right now and buying everything by Lori Foster. I was really sad when it ended.
Fun, funny, incredibly sexy and with a deeper plot than just the romance, Say No to Joe had a little of everything that I really love. And I think I'm in love with Joe now too *blush*
Susan
Sep 30, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun book. Joe is the typical alpha male, appealing to women, protective when necessary, and anti-commitment. But his tough guy image is a little tarnished at the beginning of the book as he is recovering from being pretty badly beaten. When Luna shows up at his place to ask for his help she finds him being molested by a couple of women, and has no problem running them off.

Luna has been made guardian of two children in a small town that is making a lot of trouble for the kids. She
Caro [The Book Rogue]
After the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series, Lori Foster has proven herself to me, thus I just had to grab something else written by her. Good for me that there's enough to chose from, but I just picked up the first I came across. I'm sure I'll make my way through all her works eventually, though. ^.^

My first thought was that Visitation was a very odd name for a series, because it didn't ring a bell. Then I found out it's actually the name of that town they move to, and when I read the end o
Mags
I have now reread this book a few times and each time I truly enjoy it more. As it is so easy to read, lighthearted, fun, sweet and really just a lovely romance. That always draws me in and keeps me entertained throughout. As all the characters are extremely likable. Especially the two children Willow and Austin and I love the easy relationship that develops not only between Luna and Joe but between them and the kids.

As for the story itself it has a little action, a couple of hot moments and ple
Shannon
I'd never say no to Joe, that's for sure!
I love the way Lori Foster writes an alpha male...so hot, protective, loving, hot, funny, with the just right about of dominance. And did I mention hot?
And Joe Winston is all that and a bag of chips! Loved his character from the moment we met him in the Winston Brothers series.
Luna is his perfect match, from the time she threw the sandwich at his head.
I really enjoyed this book, from the banter between Joe and Luna, to the compassion and caring Joe show
Jill
Apr 04, 2012 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all-time favorites! Definitely my favorite Lori Foster book, Say No To Joe has everything I look for in a good romance. The characters are not only likable, they're interesting and definitely have chemistry that just leaps off the page. Another mark of a great book, Foster has created some equally wonderful secondary characters to really add depth to the story. The plot is great, the character awesome, and the romance is hot and perfectly balanced with the rest of the story. I ...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
HE WAS ONE HOT MAN!
I CAN ONLY SAY THAT LORI FOSTER HAS FOUND A GIFT IN HER SOMETIME AGO.ANY LADY THAT CAN WRITE ABOUT A ROMANCE LIKE HER BOOKS DO IS SOMETHING SPECIAL. I KNOW FOR MYSELF IT TOOK ME LESS THEN 20 HOURS TO HAVE IT OVER AND BACK OUT FOR ANOTHER BOOK. JOE WAS A BIG AND BRAVE ,CARING MAN AND WE KNOW YOU CAN'T TELL ABOUT A BOOK BY IS COVER AND AS IT TURNS OUT THE SAME ABOUT MEN THAT TRUE TOO.JOE NOT ONLY LOVED LUNA AND KIDS HE MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE TOO. THANK YOU LORI FOSTER.
Lili
Jul 23, 2010 Lili rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in love... I love Joe, he's so funny, sexy, sweet and strong... totally my type!
This was a great book, I couldn't put it down, the writing is so easy to read and the plot was pretty interesting too, I didn't really know who the bad guys were right until the end.
I sooo want to know what would happen to Alyx!
Ashley S.
Jul 12, 2010 Ashley S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a piece of this book and loved it...I laughed so hard I nearly cried. The characters are so very real that you would almost wish you were them. This is definitely at the top, like in the #1 space on my to-read-list. And I am looking for it in the nearest Barnes and Nobles book store to buy. I am hoping to get it soon...Wish me luck
Stephanie Williams
I loved this book so much, it was sad n found myself teary-eyed. I really feel for those kids but I'm glad luna n Joe are there for them now. wondering if there is another book in the series so I can read it
Wendy
Jan 04, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was in love with a Joe when I read this a long time ago. Couldn't say no to him either.
laurie stith-tenney
I liked it. Going to start Jamie. Will have to find the other books later.
Jill

Keri
Jun 20, 2017 Keri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In true Lori Foster fashion this book has lovable characters, enough steamy moments to power a train and the right amount of suspense to keep you turning pages. I loved Joe and Luna, and while I had not read the book on Zane I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Joe quickly establishes why he's the alpha male this series leads off with and Luna has enough spunk to keep it fresh. If you love a lighthearted romance with a bit of suspense this is a must read.
I was approved for a reader copy f
ThatTransylvanianChick
“But hey, Joe was naked, and if that wasn’t enough to make any red-blooded female shake, then what could?”

Oh Joe! That's pretty much what I've been thinking, while reading this book. It's not the first time I read it and I remember loving it but I absolutely ADORED it this time, I adored Joe Winston!

It all starts with Luna needing his help. Let's just go back, a little bit, to how they met. Both Joe and Luna were side characters in a previous book, one with one of Joe's cousins. Joe was helping
Angela Noviana
Judul buku Say No to Joe? ini sebenarnya pertanyaan retoris. Bagaimana caranya mengatakan tidak pada pria satu ini ketika semua yang dilakukannya membuatku lumer? Hahahahahahah....

Luna Clark sebenarnya sejak awal sudah tertarik pada Joe. Tapi pria itu suka bermain-main dan merupakan sumber masalah sehingga Luna memutuskan untuk menjauh. Tiga bulan lamanya Joe tidak pernah bertemu dengan wanita itu sampai Luna masuk ke kamarnya dan mengusir dua wanita yang berada di tempat tidurnya.

Luna tidak tah
Christie P.
Nov 05, 2014 Christie P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Joe and Luna met not very long ago under not ideal circumstances. Joe wanted Luna immediately. Luna want Joe immediately away from her. Joe thinks Luna is super hot and would be amazing in bed. Luna thinks she would catch something from Joe and his bed.

The two couldn't be more different and Luna had no plans on letting Joe any where near her life until she discovers she been made the legal guardian of two of her orphaned cousins; and to top it off the kids have been in trouble lately so she's go
Nareh
This was one of the best books I have ever read!!!

It has a little bit of everything. Action, adventure, romance, mischief, kids, family. I love Luna and Joe. Despite knowing Joe isn't usually the type of guy she would go for, she needs him with a family issue and only he will do. She finds him in his apartment, buck naked, being admired by two strange women. Oh, did I forget to mention that he was passed out when this all was going on? So Luna doesn't exactly have the best time getting those wom
Jane Stewart
Kat Morrisey
For awhile I'd always see Lori Foster's books recommended on GR. So awhile back I tried a couple and was happy to see that I liked her style and voice. As I was perusing my local library for the book after Causing Havoc (which is Simon Says) I ran into this one. I saw that it was the first in a series so I figured, what the heck. "Simon Says" was at another library and I'd have to wait a month for it so yeah, I grabbed it.

It then sat on my dining room table for 4 weeks. I even had to renew it. I
Pattianne
SAY NOT TO JOE? - VISITATION/N.C. #1 - (Joe and Luna) Joe a former bounty hunter saves Luna and her niece and nephew.

Exotic psychic-assistant Luna Clark has avoided confirmed bachelor Joe Winston for three long months. She knows that she's far too attracted to the very sexy Winston male but when she needs protection for her two young orphaned cousins, she turns to the tough bounty hunter. Delighted at the opportunity to spend time with Luna, Joe packs his bag and accompanies her to North Carolin
Anita
A romance with humor and a touch of mystery/suspense - I LOVE IT!! Joe Winston is a cousin to the Winston Brothers. We met him in Wild. We also met Luna in that book too.

Luna's family is not close, to say the least. Her cousin died 2 years and left 14 year old Willow and 9 year old Austin orphans. Other relatives have tried, and failed, to be their guardians and there seems to be some trouble with the townspeople too. Luna is next in line to try and handle the kids and the situation. Fearing tr
Mandy
Dec 31, 2014 Mandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The husband was out of town. You know what that means. Lori Foster read-a-thon. Good camaraderie. Big uber-alpha heroes. No scary baddies. Perfect when left alone and every creak could be a giant monster trying to eat me.

Either my husband needs to travel less, or Foster needs to write more books. I’m afraid I’m running out. That’s why I went back in Foster’s catalog.

This is one of Foster’s early books. It’s pretty obvious. The writing is a little clunky. A lot of heavy handedness in the plot l
Mauaqui
Feb 20, 2015 Mauaqui rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Joe
T.
Aug 18, 2014 T. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I've always considered myself a Lori Foster fan, and I was excited to see 'Say No To Joe?' free on Amazon. I actually had to check the title page to make sure this wasn't a self-published book-- it was badly formatted and someone was trying to save money by not proof-reading before the book was uploaded. Full of spelling errors, formatting mistakes, and lousy punctuation. Good thing it was free. The story was entertaining for the most part, although the plot was transparent-- so no surprises the ...more
Linda Levy
Apr 27, 2017 Linda Levy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved these two when we first met them in Wild, book 4 of the Winston Brothers series.
Joe is a typical man whore but at 36 is realising his life is not as easy as it was.
Luna is a wonderful, a full of life character with a big heart. The fact she doesn't fall for Joe's well used charms made this story for me.
Willow and Andrew were great kids for all they had been through.
This was a nice enjoyable read that you expect to be terribly predictable but there were a few twists and surprises that kep
Ellie
Jul 15, 2010 Ellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would like Joe more. I read the Winston Brothers/ Visitation books out of order and I had seen Joe quite a bit post this book and thought that he would be different then he turned out to be.

I am a little disappointed but I think I may have had unrealistic expectations.

It's a good book. I like the inclusion of the kids and the storyline of them adjusting and such. I would have liked to see more of Luna. She's suppose to be so zanny but I didn't really see it.

I have to say, this book g
Heather
I've been enjoying Foster the past year or so. Her characters are relatively normal people, and the plots always have a little mystery or twist without wandering into the territory of the completely unbelievable. She does a nice job writing about families and kids, too.

In this one, a former psychic's assistant (Luna) finds out she has young cousins that need a guardian. She heads to their home to check out the situation and takes Joe with her. She's hoping the PI and former bodyguard can help he
Alexis
Jan 09, 2013 Alexis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Lori Foster book that I ever read....and I was hooked! The story of the bad boy ex-cop who will help out his family in a second...and especially his cousin's new wife's quirky assistant. Joe and Luna are total opposites but you know what they say... opposites attract. Luna needs to go take care of her cousin's son and daughter because every other family member has given up because of the trouble that the kids cause...or so they think. Joe and Luna move to a small town called Vi ...more
Turdlemary
Feb 28, 2008 Turdlemary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory
this book is about a womanizer who has finally fallen for this girl called Luna. She's fallen for him too though doesn't want to admit it. Luna has told Joe that she doesn't want a sex relationship with him but needs him to help protect 2 kids whom she's to take care of because their mother died and she was a relative. They end up on an adventure in which they both end up staying to protect and care for the two children, while also finally admitting to each other that they love each other. Still ...more
Sammie
It was really good , i loved the plot & the characters .

Joe is so awesome i just fell in love with him , Luna was pretty cool to i liked that she's a free spirit she and Joe make an awesome couple , and Willow & Austin were great too , they ended up a family and i was really happy with everything
It was a really sweet book and i can't wait to read more about the other characters in the book . i just love Lori Foster she always makes characters you'll just fall in love with ,her books ar
Amy
Aug 29, 2014 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
The book was quite enjoyable. Luna is charged with the care of her two young cousins and asks Joe to help her, as there are some unwelcome things happening with the kids. They head to North Carolina to work with the kids and almost are immediately met with vandalism to the property. Joe is a quiet alpha-male and Luna is mainly a free-spirit, but they work quite well together. They're able to work out the issues at hand, both within the community and with the relationship.

I will say there were
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
This is definitely one of my favorites from the Visitation series, Joe is a VERY likeable character and I was happy to see him get his own story, and a happily ever afer!

This series has a been a wonderful library discovery for me and a wonderful reintroduction to Ms. Foster! Highly recommend you aquaint yourself with the men of Visitation!
Robin Franks
Aug 09, 2016 Robin Franks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Lori Foster writes the best alpha male characters. Joe Winston is a complete guy. Luna has resisted him until she needs his help. They make an awesome team and the situations are very intense and dramatic. I would recommend this book to any adult reader who likes a sexy and funny story.
Anna
Mar 30, 2014 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joe Winston is a confirmed bachelor but he is captivated by Luna, who keeps telling him no. When she needs to adopt the orphaned kids of her cousin, Joe goes along to help. He falls in love with the kids too.

First of a series of books about a quirky little town, Visitation, NC.
Yolanda
Oct 06, 2016 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luna is a psychic assistant and Joe is a former police officer,bounty hunter and now p.i. Luna is asked to care for her cousin's children now that their mom is deceased. There is some trouble, so Luna asks Joe to help settle the trouble and maybe more.
Jemi Fraser
Another great story by Lori Foster! This is the first Winston book I've read, and now I'm heading off to check out the others. Joe & Luna are super characters - lots of sparks, humor and sizzle! A great mix of romance and mystery. A fun read!!
Renee
Sep 09, 2014 Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I laughed out loud at almost every page I read, I cried at parts too. The kindle version had a ton of mistakes which was a little distracting. But not the authors fault at all! GREAT book, will deff read the rest of the series!
  • Dear Maggie
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • All About Seduction
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Deep in the Heart
  • You Don't Know Jack (Sexy in NYC, #2)
  • Santa, Baby
  • Talk Nerdy to Me (Nerds, #5)
  • Straight from the Hip (Lone Star Sisters, #3)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • Promises Reveal (Promises, #4)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Visitation, North Carolina (5 books)
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn... (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Just a Hint - Clint (Visitation, North Carolina, #4)
  • Jamie (Visitation, North Carolina, #5)

“He was used to being playful with women, teasing while keeping ultimate control. With Luna, he felt like a berserk marauder. He couldn't even spell control, much less utilize it.” 15 likes
“Hoping to soothe her, Joe said, "Whatever it is I'll get it. Just tell me."

"Tampons."

Joe stalled. Tampons. But she was only... well, fourteen. He had no idea when young ladies needed such things. He said, "Uh...'

"I know," she all but wailed. "I'm sorry. But there aren't any here, and you're already there."

"Yeah, of course." He glanced at Austin. "No problem at all, hon." He swallowed. "Any particular kind?"

...

Hell, he could kick ass on felons, play bodyguard and bounty hunter, so surely he could buy a stupid box of tampons.”
9 likes