Start by marking “Yvonne Goes To York” as Want to Read:
Yvonne Goes To York

Yvonne Goes To York

(The Traveling Matchmaker #6)

Once again Miss Pym travels the English countryside in search of adventure and hearts in distress.
With her ingenious wit and delightful charm, she can turn star-crossed lovers into a heavenly match!

The shy Miss Yvonne Grenier, a beautiful fugitive of the French Revolution, is quite terrified when a dangerous enemy boards her stage to York. Luckily, Miss Hannah Pym is also
Kindle Edition
Published April 13th 2010 by RosettaBooks (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Yvonne Goes To York, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yvonne Goes To York

Lisa Kay
★★★★☆ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Nicely narrated; many character voices differentiated and accents done well, too. Silly at times, but very strong sense of of time and place.
ShoSho

This book wasn't what I was expecting. It was different from the books I usually read.
At first I didn't like the writing I only got used to it after reading more than half of the book.
The plot was Okay and silly at times but it was funny and enjoyed reading it.
In the HR books it's usally said that the English Misses are proper and the French ones are ...well "not proper". but it was the exact opposite in this one.
I might go back and read the other 5 books in series.
Kate Copeseeley
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer2013list
Tasneem
Dec 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
I love Chesney or M.C. Beaton as she now is. Yvonne is a delightful heroine, but the star as always is our Miss Pym. I loved seeing her finally get Sir George. Their romance was six books in the making, six wonderful tales in the marking. Bravo.
Stephen Lawton
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most perfectly predictable ending to a perfectly delightful series!
Moira Fogarty
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A satisfactory ending to the series. Returning to the heat of summer and the thrills and chills of spy subplots, this connection between a French lady and an English lord is playful and fun and allows Chesney to wedge in some facts about the grim realities of the Revolution. Alas, the reader -who has done a lovely job of English voices- struggles mightily with French accents, marring the audiobook experience slightly. The reader is rewarded with the resolution of three long story arcs - the evil ...more
Jodie
What a wonderful conclusion to a great series. I’m going to miss Hannah and her adventures!
In this book, we met Miss Yvonne Grenier, who is on the stage coach to meet up with her father. A couple of the male passengers seem sketchy, so Hannah offers her protection and companionship to Yvonne.
Luckily Hannah’s matchmaking skills are still in use when she meets the Marquis of Ware. Of course nothing goes as planned when Hannah is involved, so there will be more adventures! We also get to see more
Kimberly Bizzanelli
Such a great series!

Do not read this book first! This series must be read in order to get the full effect. I am so thankful I read from book one all the way through because all together they are amazing! Each story shows intrepid Miss Pym on an adventure which brings some odd couple towards a romantic (and wedded) finish. This final book nearly concludes her adventures. So much fun!!
Joan
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great ending to the traveling matchmaker series. In a time when people married only in their “class” I love that Ms Beaton always mixes it up. If you’ve read the others with Miss Pym u may be partial to her as I am. Loved it.
Jenifer Schellhaas
Loved this series because the books weren’t too long and the whole series is on Hoopla. I love that app! When you finish a book in a series it automatically asks if you want to narrow the next one in the series. ❤ Hannah Pym cracked me up. ...more
Raechel Browne
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this conclusion to this wonderfully quirky series. That we could all be like Miss Hannah Pym!
Kate
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018, audio
Everything gets tied up quite nice and romance and adventure abound!
Claire
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one with the travelling matchmaker trying to match two people who are being matched whether they like it or not. A quick read.
Rosie Strange
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a little different match making but finally Sir George being in live with Miss Prym loved the whole thing
P.
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last of the Matchmaker series, and while better than many of Chesney's series wraps, really just OK.
Marie French
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
cute story line
Ruth
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
A perfect ending to the series.
bossy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, rr
Thank god I'm up to 50 books for the year. I'm done.
Patricia Book
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful end to a great series

Love the books by M C Beaton that are interesting, inspiring and entertaining. A great way to learn history. Thanks
Tria
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars.
Shelley
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
Nice conclusion to series. 3 1/2 overall stars. Light, fun read.
Ellen Beato
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ending

I loved the series and this book ended them perfectly. I encourage others to read anything brain M.C.Beat on. Her books, many in a series, never disappoint.
Nan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have so enjoyed this series! Predictable--a bit, but in a good way. You know what you're going to get with Marion Chesney--an amusing and intriguing story and characters, attention to period details. I've listened to all six of the Hannah Pym, and would happily do it again.
Zarabeth Davies
Mo
I remember reading a slew of Marion Chesney novels when my children were very young. They were just the right kind of light, mindless entertainment that I needed at the time. I had to read things that were very put-downable … books that would not consume me. My free time to read was very limited.

Basically, all of the books in any given Marion Chesney series were the same book. She had a formula, and stuck to it. She changed names, places and circumstances, but the basic plots remained identical.
Helene Harrison
Review - I really loved Yvonne, probably one of my favourite heroines in this series. I also loved the Marquis of Ware, and how the reality of him being on the stagecoach was also kept secret from the reader for a while. It made it more interesting. Probably my second favourite of the series (I haven't read yet Penelope Goes to Portsmouth or Belinda Goes to Bath). Bringing in events outside England always works well in terms of storyline, and this one didn't disappoint.

Genre? - Historical / Roma
QNPoohBear
Hannah Pym decides to go on one last adventure on the stage to York, where her former employer Mrs. Clarence may be residing. Also traveling on the coach and beautiful French emigre Yvonne Grenier, searching for her father, the friendly Mr. Giles, and the sinister looking Mr. Smith. Not everyone is who they seem and soon Hannah is smack in the middle of another adventure involving French spies and a budding romance between her traveling companions, as well as her very own romantic adventure. The ...more
Éowyn
This is the final enstallment of MC Beaton's The Travelling Matchmaker series which sees former housekeeper Hannah Pym come into posession of a fortune of £5,000 and decide to fulfil her dream of travelling around the country on the Stagecoach - the 'Flying Machines'. Of course as there has been a through-story across the six books, this has to wrap a few things up, as well as having some romance for the eponymous Yvonne.

This has been a great, really entertaining series - the sort of thing PG Wo
Alexandria
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of the 6 Travelling Matchmaker books this one has got to be my favourite I think. In the other 5 there has always been something about the heroine/hero that has bugged me and made me think 'why on earth would anyone want to spend their life with this person'. Thankfully I did not get that feeling with this book.

The heroine of the moment was not a total ditz and the heros feelings for her - although having developed quickly (like in all of the other books) - were a lot more believable.

All o
Gloria Mccracken
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This final volume of this series has a bit more drama: French emigres threatened by spies; an unlikely knight in shining armor (figuratively, of course, this is the 19th century, after all); an ill-advised attempt by Miss Pym's colorful footman to rectify a miscalculation he made at the end of the previous book; and more heartache for Miss Pym. She has her work as The Traveling Matchmaker cut out for her this time: she not only needs to match up the couple she has her eye on, she has to rescue o ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Page numbers andKindle Edition 4 15 Dec 31, 2017 03:33AM
  • The Marquis Takes a Bride (Cotillion Regency Romance, #2) (Regency Royal, #2)
  • My Dear Duchess (Regency Royal, #6) (Dukes & Desires, #5)
  • Miss Jacobson's Journey (Rothschild Trilogy, #1)
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #2)
  • Tilly
  • The Substitute Bridegroom
  • Lady Ann's Excellent Adventure
  • Lord of Dishonor
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • The Sugar Rose
  • Georgina (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Sister Peters in Amsterdam (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • Laura's Big Break (London Books, #2)
  • Deirdre and Don Juan (Lovers and Ladies, #6)
  • Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809)
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • A Regency Valentine II
  • Time's Fool (The Tales of the Jewelled Men, #1)
Marion Chesney Gibbons
aka: Ann Fairfax, Jennie Tremaine, Helen Crampton, Charlotte Ward, M.C. Beaton, Sarah Chester.

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the Scottish Daily Mail to review variety shows and quickly

The Traveling Matchmaker (6 books)
  • Emily Goes to Exeter (The Traveling Matchmaker, #1)
  • Belinda Goes to Bath (The Traveling Matchmaker, #2)
  • Penelope Goes to Portsmouth (The Traveling Matchmaker, #3)
  • Beatrice Goes to Brighton (The Traveling Matchmaker, #4)
  • Deborah Goes to Dover (The Traveling Matchmaker, #5)