Start by marking “Raven on the Wing” as Want to Read:
Raven on the Wing

Raven on the Wing (Hagen #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  614 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper brings together romance and suspense in this classic love story of a woman who must lie to keep a safe distance from the man she loves—because telling him the truth is too dangerous for them both.

From the moment Raven Anderson literally knocks Josh Long off his feet, he’s determined to keep this elusive beauty in his tight embr
Published May 25th 2010 by Bantam (first published April 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Raven on the Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven on the Wing

Bridget
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever fallen for a man that you can't let yourself have because if you did the consequences would be dire? That's what is going on in Raven's life. She isn't exactly who she says she is. When she meets Josh the sparks fly immediately. Trying to keep Josh safe, Raven denies her attraction to him. But Josh has friends in high places and finds out who she really is. Will he embrace the person she truly is and offer is help or will he decide to live the rest of his life without the woman he' ...more
Aarann
Sorry, this was another Kay Hooper that just wasn't for me. (When she does it right, she really gets it right, but when she gets it wrong... meh.) Josh falls into insta-love with Raven, who very nearly returns the favor, falling in love with him right back after just two or three scenes together. The spy plot was really unbelievable (a bad guy who trafficks women, but supposedly loves women so much that he trusts them implicitly unless given a reason to do otherwise? Rurrrrly?) and since the rom ...more
Ty
Sep 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My book has a different cover!
Again another book brought back to life.
I really liked the pace and style of this book
It had a great plot but I have to laugh
to think in the first chapter her asks
her to marry him. And they just met.
Hilarious!
Ruth
good. older loveswept, but stands the test of time.
Bkworm68
Mar 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Waste of my time reading this book!
Sheila Melo
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I Love This Book

"Oh hell," he muttered despairingly. "I knew it. I knew you were out there somewhere. And I was so careful."

FINAL DECISION: I have loved this book since it first came out. It is simple, but the characters are fun and I loved how the story made me laugh. These are not complex situations or characters but they are enjoyable. I can read this book quickly and I never fail to enjoy the story.

THE STORY: Josh Long has spent a lifetime avoiding brunettes because he knew that there was on
Kari
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2012
I'm never one to give up on a series if the first book is so-so. So I did end up reading Raven on the Wing (First published in 1987 by Loveswept), which is Josh's story. This one was much better than the first in the series. I loved Josh and Raven. Josh is literally knocked over by pretty brunette, Raven and it is love at first sight. He will do everything he can to win her heart and make her his. The problem is that Raven seems to be living a double life.

There is pretty good suspense plot wove
Anna Mcfadden
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josh Long falls in love at first sight when the dark hair beauty Ravens Anderson literally knocks him off his feet when the ran into each other in front of the elevator of the hotel where the party he was leaving and she was going to was he'll act. Raven is trying unsuccessfully to persuade Josh to forget her and leave her alone. Josh believes something is off about the way she is acting on the second tome seeing each other. Josh uses all his contacts and millions to look into Ravens past. her d ...more
Alan
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you ignore the insta-love, the second book in the Hagen series by Hooper is a little better. One thing that appeals to me in romance series (and series in general, I guess) is the use of the supporting cast. This time we had an abundance of them on both sides of the story with Kelsey, Zach, Lucas, and Rafferty. Some good banter among the boys, and of course, we know they all get their own stories.

The story of the undercover operation was a little unbelievable to me. In another format besides
Jane Doe
This could have been much better. The heroine starts out rocking a great kick ass career and then "Josh" finds her and messes it up. He had some no con going on wanting more than she was willing to give, but it worked out because she knew what he needed and decided to give it to him otherwise she wouldn't have been able to stay with himm. grrrrr He seemed like a little boy wanting everything at once. Interesting side characters.
Blossom
This is a DNF for me. I just lost all interest in the way the series started to go. The funny quirky characters from book one is what got me interested. This book has none of it after the first few chapters. I really liked Josh in his sister's book but I got to 74% and now I'm stuck. I have no desire to read on. There are too many books out there to read to waste more time on a series I'm no longer interested in.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Josh Long knew deep in his heart that he would lose all control to a dark hair lady. Knowing and accepting sent his world into a tailspin. Raven is a lot more than meets the eye. Josh has a time uncovering all of her.
Staci
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I know this series has been out for a while, but couldn't they have done better covers?
Barbara James
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
kay hooper
Angela Proctor-fries
Well... it was a bit of a cross between " oh my goodness, what's gonna happen next" and banging my head against a wall in boredom and frustration. Another book I could not get lost in. Bummer.
Lori
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good fun read! How can you not fall in love with Josh? He's witty, clever and ever so romantic. Raven is a heroine to love for sure!
Patricia
Apr 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book in a series of three. I love the fast pace in the story. Keeps the readers interest. Very enjoyable.
Randy
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
great kay hooper book! couldn't put it down! Great start to a series, can't wait to keep reading.
Paraphrodite
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2014
I find this much better than the first book. More action and suspense, although still dated. I keep wanting to shout to Josh to stop smoking!!
Judy Ashe
Mar 08, 2011
Misty
Jun 18, 2017
  • Always (Sedikhan, #8)
  • The Eyes of Constance (Beasts of Forever, #1)
  • Desire's Sirocco (WindWorld, #1)
  • Body Temperature and Rising (Lakeland Witches, #1)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • Uncorked (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #7)
  • Deadly Trilogy Boxed Set (Deadly Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Waking Eden (Eden, #3)
  • Flyboy
  • Scoop
  • Black Magic
  • Subtle Magic (Subtle Lovers, #1)
  • A Weapon Of Opportunity
  • A Stranger's Touch (Psychic Heat Book #1)
  • Roped
  • High-Caliber Christmas
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...

Hagen (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • In Serena's Web (Hagen Series #1)
  • Rafferty's Wife (Hagen Series #3)
  • Zach's Law (Hagen Series #4)
  • The Fall of Lucas Kendrick (Hagen Series #5)
  • Unmasking Kelsey (Hagen Series #6)
  • Outlaw Derek (Hagen Series #7)
  • Shades Of Gray (Hagen Series #8)
  • Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9)
  • It Takes A Thief (Hagen Series #10)
  • Aces High (Hagen Series #11)