Start by marking “Captain Cooked, Hawaiian Mystery of Romance, Revenge...and Recipes!” as Want to Read:
Captain Cooked, Hawaiian Mystery of Romance, Revenge...and Recipes!

Captain Cooked, Hawaiian Mystery of Romance, Revenge...and Recipes!

(Quest Mystery #2)

26 year old Madison Merlot Dayne is the videographer and field assistant to her father's popular TV cooking show, 'Insatiable Delights'. They are traveling to the Big Island of Hawai'i where they will participate in the famed Luau Challenge, her father the judge. Instead, Madison stumbles into the murder of Hawai'i's torch singing star, and she and her father set off to so ...more
Published August 12th 2010 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 1st 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Cooked, Hawaiian Mystery of Romance, Revenge...and Recipes!

Start your review of Captain Cooked, Hawaiian Mystery of Romance, Revenge...and Recipes!
Stephen
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
I bought this book to read while on vacation on Maui. I wanted a culinary murder mystery set in the Islands. I know of only three and I had already read one of these. It was immediately evident that Stephen Grogan had thoroughly researched the history, culture, geography, cuisine and language of Hawaii, with particular emphasis on the Big Island. It was further evident that he knew a number of restaurant chefs in Hawaii well enough to ask them to contribute recipes to reproduce in his novel. It ...more
Deb
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Full review coming on blog but a fun mystery set on The Big Island where Madison Merlot Dayne travels with her celebrity chef father Jeffery Dayne to film footage of a cooking contest for his television show. Mystery, murder, and danger abound (and lots of food descriptions and recipes from the chefs of the Big Island too).

Ypu can read my review and get one of the recipes from the book: Whole Tomato Salad w/ Japanese Cucumber and Li Hing Mui Vinaigrette on my blog post here: http://kahakaikitch
Kiara Bianchi
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
I thought this would be a fun read since it is located here on Hawaii Island. Unfortunately, I couldn't stand the main character Madison nor her father. The author made a good effort to include a great deal of cultural history but it ended up feeling way too contrived. I did enjoy the descriptions of local eateries. Ended up scanning the second half of the book just to see what happens in the end.
Shawna
Sep 09, 2010 rated it liked it
A foodie star and his daughter arrive on the Big Island of Hawaii for a luau challenge. They are soon surrounded by death, mystery, romance, and good food. I like that there are recipes throughout the book, although I haven't tried any of them and I probably won't. I also like that 25 cents of each book sold will go to the Hawaii island food bank.
Nancy
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A light fluff book, fun if you have been to the Big Island of Hawaii. Lots of recipes and references to tourist spots. My friend Patti lives there now and sent it to me.
Donna
Dec 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook, fiction, mystery
This was a real fun read. A mystery with recipes; a real live treasure hunt and lots of "stuff" about the Big Island.
Alex
Linda
Aug 18, 2013
Nadine
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fun reading noting all our favorite spots in Kona!
Elle Druskin
Jan 18, 2017
Harvey Addison
Jul 11, 2018
S.P. Grogan
Jul 11, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sp-grogan
Bob
added it
Jan 17, 2011
William Harrison
is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2019
The author has spent a career of writing including editorships in high school and college, as well as editor of a newspaper and a magazine.

The author enjoys writing fiction with a historical twist and has received various awards.

The author has a personal collection of first edition mysteries signed by the authors and reading such works has assisted in the formation of writing plotting and themes.

Quest Mystery (2 books)