Start by marking “Touch Me” as Want to Read:
Touch Me

Touch Me

A new, young adult novel from award-winning Australian author James Moloney, this is a love story that explores male/female sexuality, and looks at the culture of football, masculinity, mateship and friendship, and the pressures of year 12 on emerging adults.
Published May 1st 2000 by University of Queensland Pr (Australia)

To ask other readers questions about Touch Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch Me

Start your review of Touch Me
Brittany
I'm actually starting to enjoy being in the minority of hate. I love letting my hate rage just flow and destroy my opposition (my friends) and prove them wrong.

Right. Book.

Plot
Plot's...iffy. It started well, but it was sidetracked with feelings and bullshit, that didn't need to be included. Like the pregnancy. And the death. Some information that was included was just pointless. And pointless information should be punishable by death.

Writing Style
The writing style infuriates me. Mr Moloney
Linh Le
Feb 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was struggling to read on. If it wasn't for my school assignment I would've dropped it half way through part one! It was boring. Although, the ending about the Alex situation spiced it up a bit but the rest was useless and irrelevant!
Nerida Hart
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
One of my favourite books as a teenager. Made me understand how the boys lived at a private school. Brought on my love for the name Xavier :)
Ellie
Mar 12, 2011 rated it did not like it
The storey was rubbish. I don't understand why the author wrote this book. :(
Lana Jackson
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I read this book to help my son, who is in year 11. He had to study this book for English.
Courtney Perry
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No matter how many times I read this I still love it! I highly recomend this as a book everyone should read
Brionee Noonan
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library
I read this book in one sitting. Loved it and hope a film is made one day.
Jolivhanna
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Touch Me is a coming-of-age story that examines the trials and tribulations of love, life and loss - all in the eyes of an Australian teenager, Xavier, who is about to graduate high school. But upon meeting Nuala Magee, he realises that he still has a lot to learn about himself.

This young man makes a full evolution throughout the story from a set-in-stone rubgy player with a "winning is everything" attitude, to a grown man with a renewed appreciation of life. After befriending and ultimately
April
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
I read this book for my Year 12 English class, and I will just say I was a little (albeit, a lot) disappointed. My teacher said that previous classes have loved reading it, but I didn't really. It's not the type of book I was expecting to have to read and analyse for Year 12, but, oh well.

I felt that the storyline and plot was good, with an important message, and it definitely had potential to be greater. The writing, however, did not really work for me. One of the reasons that makes a good
Olivia
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got handed this book for my year 12 English class and I was excited to read it because it was a book by one of my favourite authors. Once I started reading this book I made a habit of reading this more than doing my other homework because it was so good. I didn't want to put it down. I even found myself crying at some points. Will defiantly read it again.
Emma Hunter
When I first looked at this book after getting it for a class at school, I was a tad disappointed. When I began it though, I found it incredibly enjoyable. Don't judge this book by it's cover or by it's blurb (which should be rewritten), judge it after you've read it.

Sofie
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first read this I was 14 and madly in love with my first crush, it really fuelled my feelings and helped me figure out my emotions. Such a wonderful read and a book that I will always cherish and hold onto for the way it helped me get through the challenging life of a teenager
John Sheahan
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant look at gender and adolescent hetero relationships.
Cevrine
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nuala and Xavier.
Read in year 10 english
Nialler
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Beautiful book about a young boy called Xavier whose life revolves around rugby that is until he meets a girl..
Anne
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Quirky story about conformity and being strong enough to be who you want to be. Really enjoyed as an adult although it does target young adults. Worth reading and a quick read.
Maerie
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Studied it in class. It was okay. It wasn't exactly a fantastic read, and was quite rude in some areas, but it was overall okay.
Rose
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
I read this book as part of a class. I wasn't interested in all the football talk but everything else interested me. I actually found myself crying over this book which no other has done that to me.
Beans
Aug 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Nuala annoyed me a lot throughout this book. She's like an over-the-top feminist child.
Disappointing ending that wasn't very satisfying at all.
Kathy
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Realism and YA fiction at it's best. A relate-able story with believable characters. A great read and a great part of the school curriculum.
Yaso Thillairajah
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books ive read actually it is the best book uve read
Nerida Hart
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Charlotte
Dec 09, 2018
Terina
Dec 13, 2011
Ethan Heng
rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2019
Apr 18, 2012
Hayley
Jun 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Talon (Talon, #1)
  • In the Dark Spaces
  • Wolf Blood
  • Shut Your Mouth
  • The Rest of Us Just Live Here
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Sophia: Princess, Suffragette, Revolutionary
  • Why We Broke Up
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • Love Her Wild
  • The Lost & Found
  • The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Whose Life Is It Anyway?
My full name is James Francis Moloney and I was born in Sydney, Australia on 20 September, 1954. When I was seven years old, my family moved to Brisbane and except for the odd year or two, I have lived in Brisbane ever since. At school, I was into every sport going - cricket, footy, swimming - you name it. It's hard to believe now but in High School, I was a champion Long Jumper! After University ...more