Start by marking “Halfway Hexed (Southern Witch, #3)” as Want to Read:
Halfway Hexed (Southern Witch, #3)

Halfway Hexed

(Southern Witch #3)

Read Kimberly Frost's blogs and other content on the Penguin Community.

New witch Tammy Jo Trask has a whole town full of trouble, in the latest from the national bestselling author of Barely Bewitched.

First, there are the local residents who form a scripture-spouting posse and kidnap Tammy to "defend" Duvall, Texas, against witchcraft. Next, someone saddles her with a s
Published February 1st 2011 by Berkley Trade

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
I was never one to resist a good witchy read and when I discovered the first book in this series I couldn't wait to dive in. I loved it so much that it didn't take me long to pick up the second installment and fall in love all over again with Tammy Jo, Bryn and Zach.

This series is such a fun one. Throw in some magical mayhem more often than not, a mystery, good ole southern charm, that small town feel and two irresistible guys and it is no wonder I was hooked after the first book.

It isn't withou
Natasha
May 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing

Another magical installment in the Southern Witch novel by Kimberly Frost!

If you've read "Would-Be Witch" and "Barely Bewitched" then I know your begging to get your hands on Halfways Hexed. So, when Kimberly told me she would be sending me an ARC copy to review, I couldn't contain my squeel of delight!

"Halfway Hexed" takes up four days after "Barely Bewitched" ended. If you haven't read the first two installments, then it's best you do before you read this novel. They novels aren't stand alon
Bookaholics
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Halfway Hexed by Kimberly Frost
Paranormal Romance -Feb 1st, 2011
4 stars

Halfway Hexed is the third installment in Kimberly Frost’s South Witch series. This third book should not be missed, especially if you are a fan. Because the author answers many questions and reveals more about Tammy Jo and her outrageous family that have been culminating since the first novel.

Tammy Jo has decided to start seriously using her magic. But because she is half Fae and half witch her magic doesn’t always work as
The Flooze
**2.5**

I’m annoyed.

The Southern Witch novels are of the rollicking, fast-paced sort. They’re filled with thinly-explained magic, strange townspeople, and countless secrets. Halfway Hexed (the last installment?) is more of the same, but this time the mayhem lacks the inherent charm that elevated the first two books from pure silliness to decent entertainment.

Frost does address those many secrets, for which I am grateful. The prophesy is revealed, the McKennas’ lies are uncovered, and we even get
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Another bewitching installment in the Southern Witch series!

Pastry chef and newbie witch Tammy Jo is back and wastes no time getting herself into trouble! First she's kidnapped and accused of witchcraft by the religious fanatics in her town of Duvall, Texas. She then receives a mysterious brooch that continues to plaugue her with visions of a woman she's never met. As if that wasn't enough, she's now under investigation by WAM-the World Association of Magic and the only person that can help her
Anne - Books of My Heart
I LOVED this. I'm enjoying this series so much. In this book, I'm glad Tamara has some time with Bryn, finally. And that Zach is out of town. He supports her, accepts her and whatever she wishes to do. I'd say more but I don't want to be too spoilery.

This does remind me a bit of the Sookie Stackhouse books in that it's a small town with quirky characters, set in the south, with supernatural shenanigans which the general public is rather clueless. There is a love triangle. The action is pretty no
Arlene Allen
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is ever so enjoyable! Tammy Jo always finds herself in trouble and she finds it in aces and spades in the 3rd book in the Southern Witch series. She also finds out some surprising things about her magic and her family- well, even more surprising- and gets some insight into why Edie says the Lyons name is one to avoid, although Tammy Jo is able to avoid Bryn Lyons the way most women avoid chocolate (not at all).

In addition Tammy Jo has to face down crazy townspeople who want to go al
Scooper Speaks
Feb 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bird
I'll give this book credit for being pretty darn cute. Tammy Jo is just a sweet, likable woman you can't help but get behind. She's nice, but isn't afraid to get down and dirty when the situation calls for it. (And she's a crack shot, which is something I always appreciate.)

There was no Zach in this one, so the book focused on Bryn and Tammy Jo. For most of the book, Tammy Jo was still doing the whole "I can't be with him because of this mysterious family list that says his family is bad" thing,
Yodamom
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, owned
I love Tammy Jo and Bryn, what a couple of witches they are or aren't. LOL Trouble seems to follow them around, Tammy Jo just wants to avoid contact with him because of some ancient prophecy of doom involving the two of them. She just can't seem to stay away, everything leads her back to his side. A strange locket shows up with ties to her family. She is hunted by some nasty Southern Church women trying to expel the evil witch, chased and shot at by a scar faced man, and has to face the magical ...more
Melliane
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
j'ai vraiment adoré ce troisieme tome, on retrouve Tamara poursuivie par le conseil des sorciers et même par Jenna et quelques personnes de la ville qui ont décidé qu'elle était une sorcière dévouée à Satan et qu'elle devait quitter la ville au plus vite... Par n'importe quel moyen.
On en apprend plus aussi sur la famille de Tamara : sa tante, sa mère ou encore quelques autres membres de sa famille qu'elle se connaissait même pas. Tammy va essayer de découvrir la vérité sur la prophétie qui l'emp
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, steamy
And this one is even better than the last (Barely Bewitched). The action is more... actiony and it is exactly the right time to get the details of the family prophecy that has been trying to separate Bryn and Tammy Jo since the beginning. And, bonus, we get more details of Bryn's past as well.

And again, my favorite part of these books is how well Frost depicts a strong Texas girl—well-mannered, unashamed of being a girl, but willing to stand up for herself and friends. Tammy Jo's character just
Lisa
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
The third installment of Kimberly Frost's Southern Witch series is by far the best in the series to date. The author really comes into her writing in this novel. Many loose ends are tied up, but more holes are still left to be filled by more installments.

In Halfway Hexed, not only is Tammy Jo being stalked by a group of townspeople that think she is a witch, but the WAM is also back to try to woo her over to their side of the world. She and Bryn again join their magic together to fight the forc
Lucille
I just LOVE that book, this author, this story, the charaters, the suspens, the universe and pretty much everything that's in there xD

I've read it in one day and was so very afraid of the ending but it turn out perfectly <3. Thank You Miss Kimberly Frost for sharing it with us <3

Going straight into my "Bestever" list x)
K.M. Montemayor
Ok, so Bryn is growing on me. Of course it helped that Zach was MIA. Bryn was really sweet, (view spoiler).

So, Tammy, you were only kissing Bryn to increase the magic. Uh-huh. Yeah sure...
Candace
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me on my toes Tamara can get in more trouble standing in one spot than a drunk in a bar fight...lol I did not see the twist of character coming not what I expected but loved how it turned out...well on to Book 4
Teophania
Voici ce que j’ai ressenti au cours de celle lecture :
Du mieux (par rapport aux tomes précédents)… Je dirais que l’action est toujours très riche, explosive comme un feu d’artifice mais on peut désormais affirmer que cela fait partie des caractéristiques de l’histoire et de la vie trépidante de Miss Tammy Jo… Ou plutôt Calamity Jo !
Rien ne se passe jamais comme prévu, chaque action déraille et en entraîne une autre enfonçant l’héroïne toujours un peu plus loin dans le marasme de ses problèmes…
L’
Danielle Gypsy Soul
I really enjoyed this one and I think for me it was because Zach wasn't in it. I'm not big on love triangles and I really like Bryn so it was nice to really see him spend time with Tammy Joe. It was a good mystery with all the humor I've come to expect from this series.
Andrea Fraser
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent vacation

Better than a mid winter getaway! It was lite and yet not so much like love and life in the here and now
Léanna
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J'aime toujours autant cette série, vivement le 4 en espérant qu il soit publié
Rebel.Rae
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Review time:
“Halfway Hexed” is book three of the Southern Witch Novels by Kimberly Frost.
Thankfully, Frost is very established in her talent by this book. Not too many inconsistencies or jumpy plot lines. That being said, I feel like this book moved more slowly than the last one.
Tammy Jo’s long time town nemesis has put together a witch-hunting group with only one target; Tammy Jo Trask. They are determined to kidnap and burn (or drown) her. Additionally, the president of the witch world has c
Steph
Halfway Hexed takes place only four days after Tammy Jo was almost incinerated and drowned during the events in Barely Bewitched. But, she's "hopeful that {she} could balance {her} new life as a witch with {her} old life as a pastry chef." In fact, she's accepted her first pastry commission, for the Texas Friends of Fish and Fowl, to create a chocolate sculpture for their centerpiece. Sounds normal enough. No sweat, right? No such luck!

See, Tammy Jo is a trouble magnet! She's a tough cookie th
Rachel
Jan 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Oh WOW, I cannot believe how long it took me to finish this book. I have not done any other reading during the past 2.5 months since I started it. I had a lot of schoolwork and was all caught up in watching (and finishing!) Dawson's Creek in my free time. So I think the fact that it took so long played a large role in how much I enjoyed the book.

I liked it, just like I liked the others. I really enjoy Tammy Jo, and I absolutely LOVE all scenes between Tammy Jo and Bryn. This book was especially
Barbara
Mar 13, 2011 rated it liked it
The third installment in the Southern Witches series brings us back to Duvall, Texas with Tammy Jo Trask, pastry chef and late-blooming witch. Still recovering from battling the fairies and werewolves, she is trying to focus on her 'normal' life and her career while avoiding the oh-so-sexy Bryn Lyons. Of course, ever since her magic started emerging, things rarely turn out like Tammy Jo plans.

Things in Duvall are a bit crazy. It seems that some of the townspeople that Tammy Jo helped during the
Once Upon a Twilight
Feb 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Halfway Hexed is the third novel in the Southern Witch series that is the best one of the three. Kimberly gives us so much that we have been wanting to read in this 3rd installment. Now we get many answers but Oh boy does Kimberly leave it open at the end for a possible book 4. The magic, humor and mystery is so captivating and so well written. Whats my favorite part, of course the way Kimberly writes the main character humorous side. You are actually laughing out loud plenty of times. This seri ...more
Vikisha
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I preordered this book in September 2010 and received it on January 22,2011. Needless to say I was pysched about this.

This is my favorite book in the series so far. The plot was more concentrated, focus on the Tammy Jo, Bryn, Tammy Jo's family and the investigation from the WAM president, John Barrett. Tammy fued with Jenna continues and gets pretty ugly.

My liking for Tammy Jo continues. Tammy Jo is forced to deal with so many things in this book. Her family's lega
Lauren
Nov 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This third installment of Kimberly Frost's Southern Witch series is the best in the series ~ at least, that's my opinion in the matter... A hilariously fun & easy read. There's a bit more action in this novel than the previous, so things are a little more fast-paced.. but it is definitely funnier!

Tammy Jo is probably one of my new favorite witches. Of course she's no Rachel Morgan but Tammy Jo is definitely a brand of witch all her own! I love her spunk & feisty attitude.

This book take
Darcy
Jul 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, uf, witches, magic
This book was a whole lotta crazy and in a good way! Some in the town suspect she is a witch, which leads to them creating a group that is out to get her. In the course of the book they attempt to kidnap her, shot her, run her off the road, and most of these more than once. These people are like rapid dogs, but Tammy Jo manages to best them all the time.

We also have the magic counsel coming to talk to Bryn and Tammy Jo about their past action from the last 2 books. You know something is off with
Rathi Ramamoorthy
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I recently read your Southern Witch series. I had picked up this book randomly from the library but boy was I glad I did. To be absolutely honest I didn't think the Would be Witch was as good as the 2nd & 3rd ones. But Would-be Witch kindled enough of my interest to pick up the 2nd one. Barely Bewitched had me hooked & with Halfway Hexed, I was totally Hexed :) in a good way.
Normally I find most successful authors give a solid book in the beginning and the content kind of dilutes in the
Sandra
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
In much the same vein as the first 2 books I some how found myself enjoying it less and that is because I no longer like Tammy Jo as much. Mostly due to her treatment of Bryn. I initially understood why she was torn between Zach & Bryn but after her actions in this book I no longer respect her. She uses Bryn, demands stuff from him, tells him they can't be together, repeatedly has sex with, tells him they can't be together cause she promised Zach she wouldn't choose til Zach was back in town ...more
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Rainy Nights 1: Three Novels
  • Never Been Witched (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Honeymoon of the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #5)
  • Letters in the Attic
  • Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)
  • The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers.com, # 3)
  • Leader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #3)
  • Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Magic on the Hunt (Allie Beckstrom, #6)
  • A Ranger's Tale (Tallenmere, #1)

Southern Witch (6 books)
  • Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch, #1)
  • Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch, #2)
  • Slightly Spellbound (Southern Witch, #4)
  • Casually Cursed (Southern Witch, #5)
  • Perfectly Pie-Jacked (A Southern Witch novella)