Start by marking “The Naked Truth: The Real Story Behind the Real Housewife of New Jersey--In Her Own Words” as Want to Read:

2.17 of 5 stars 2.17  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Meet the Real Danielle…

You’ve seen her on The Real Housewives of New Jersey, turning heads, raising eyebrows, and igniting feuds with her feisty suburban neighbors. Now, the always fascinating Danielle Staub gets real about her scandalous past in the year’s most explosive tell-all memoir. . . .

When she signed on to appear in a reality TV show,
Published May 25th 2010 by Gallery Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Truth

Barb
What a load of self-serving horse crap! She takes no responsibility for any of her actions and expects people to believe that she was an innocent and naive victim of just about everyone she's ever met in her life. She still sees and talks to her childhood imaginary friend -- that's a sign of good mental health. She claims to have been molested by numerous unnamed persons (both family and friends) as a child in her home -- who were these people and how did they gain access to a 3-year old's bedro ...more
John Amory
Yeah, I read it. Yeah, it was pretty bad. I suspect it's more fiction than memoir (much like how I feel about Life with My Sister Madonna), and the writing was terrible. Timelines don't match up; major events are skirted over, like her infamous nineteen engagements, yet we get descriptions of what everyone she's ever met smells like (wtf); and I doubt this will make anyone think Danielle is not crazy, because she repeatedly mentions an imaginary friend named Nicky, whom she still has a relations ...more
Sierra Lawrence
I'm surprised she can even write.

She is crazy as ever.
Viktoriya
OK, I admit it: I am a sucker for Real Housewives. I did watch RHONJ when Danielle was on it. It's been a while, but I do remember thinking she is CRAZY! Well, after reading her book, I say yeah, she is still crazy and I think she is a pathological liar on top of that. Even in her own words the story doesn't add up: on one page she is saying she has no idea who her birth mother is. Two pages later she knows where her mom lives, that she is married and has like 6 children. Huh?! This is just one ...more
Robin
I am a "Real Housewives" series watcher (with the exception of Atlanta). When NJ aired two years ago I got swept up in the drama that swirls around Danielle. When her book was released I of course had to read it but I must admit I had no intention of spending money to buy the book. I checked it out of the library and read it in one day. It was quick and dirty. I could hear Danielle's venomous voice in every word, page after page. I kept exclaiming to my husband, "Wow! She's crazier than I though ...more
Cindy
I am a huge Real Housewives fan, so when I saw that Danielle Staub wrote an autobiography I was excited. Let me just say - this is an inside look into what exactly bat shit crazy looks like.

If this autobiography was an attempt to make people think she wasn't crazy, well... it didn't achieve its goal. Leaving the bad writing and jumping constantly from story to story aside, this book details a very vague and traumatizing event that occured in Danielle's childhood. This event leads to her making
Monet
Oh Danielle, you never fail to make yourself look terrible, and dare I say, INSANE. She takes no responsibility for any of her actions. Forever playing the victim in every less than glamorous part of her life. She claims she still sees and talks to her childhood imaginary friend, again INSANE. None of what Danielle claims adds up, SHOCKER. Don't waste your time reading this, her lies are less than entertaining.
Denise Lampton
This women is a nut! This was a quick ready I finished the book in 2 days. The entire Housewives franchise is a guilty pleasure of mine. It seems she lives in a fantasy and is really not in touch with reality. It's like living in a fantasy world with Danielle. Not sure if she's really all there. I do hope her children are AOK. They seem more mature than she is.
Gabriel Mero
I really enjoyed this book. As a fan of RHOJ, I felt that the other housewives (with the exception of Jacqueline) didn't give Danielle an honest chance to explain her past before they formed their opinions of her. If they had heard her side of the story, then they might have realized that she wasn't as bad as they thought.
Alexis Erlbaum
great way to get back into reading! good insight into this woman who created nothing but drama on housewives
Emily Benoit
Concept/Ideas: 3/5
Writing Style: 4/5

I remember back when season one of TRHOJ was on, and I always liked Danielle the best. Discovering that she had a memoir out, I was eager to read it.

Where to begin...
In all honestly, I thought she would talk more about the show and what went on with it after the other women found out about "the book", but she barely did. She pretty muched skimmed it ever so slightly, and that was it. If your looking for a book about the show, this isn't the one for you.

Basic
Rebecca
This book was okay, but it could've been so much better! Danielle has had an interesting life, but this book is only 200 pages, and I think with a different co-author there, or maybe a more demanding editor this would've been better. There are also no pictures in the book! She writes about being abused as a child, and having an imaginary friend--I think she still has this imaginary friend. She tells us she dated an Olympian, but gives no details-not even what sport he played, made out with Don J ...more
Ann
Book describes Ms. Staub's abusive childhood, bad choices in men, arrest, and life as an exotic dancer. I had hoped there would be more correlation between this book and her time on RHONJ, but was disappointed there wasn't too much mention of her experience on reality TV. I think the intent was to use this book as a means to help dispel some of the rumors about Danielle's past which were outed on the show; instead, this book only serves to confirm just how crazy Danielle really is!
Katie
Everything that can be read in this book can be found on the internet. Her descriptions of events are very vague, so there's not much to get out of it. This book was honestly a joke. The only respectable part was the end, where she talked about how to overcome your past and to stay in the "light." Too bad she seems to be doing the exact opposite of what she recommends. If you want the story she has convinced herself is true, then read it.
Scarlet
I love The Real Housewives of New Jersey so I picked this book up to get more of the back story on Danielle. She definitely tells an interesting story, but I raced through it to get to the end. I think I wished she would tell more about filming on the show and about her experiences with the other cast mates. This book seems more like a formal way to respond to those cast mates saying really terrible things about Danielle's past.

Paul Milwain
I hate this woman . My partner bought me this as a joke present and I foolishly picked it up one night to start to read it . Within a few pages I was astonished at how much this woman makes her own history up . Although she is as Dina put it CRAZY I didn't truely believe it until I read this book . I gave up reading when she started telling me how to live my life with her "Words of Wisdom" at the end .
Arielle
I don't know why I read this, because I can't stand Danielle Staub. Still, something intrigued me about this book, so I bought it for next to nothing on Amazon, thinking it would be at least mildly entertaining. Boy, was I wrong. Not only was it a terribly written, it was a total snoozefest. I don't like to mistreat books but I threw this one in the recycling bin when I moved.
Melissa
She is delusional. She cannot write to save her life. She promised to tell the 'naked truth' and answer our burning questions, when I got just as much out of a celebrity mag, 2-page spread promoting the book as I did having actually wasting my time reading the entire mess. Terrible!!!! Not even gossip worthy. =(
Ahndrea
I thought it was a well written memoir. I was not a fan of her when she was on The Real Housewives of New Jersey. But when I read her book, I felt bad and sad for her what she had to go through in the past.
Amanda
Very poorly written (she paid someone to write this for her-talk about an awful way to waste your money!) and completely hypocritical from her television character. I don't recommend reading this at all.
Jess
The only reason I read this book was because I was interested in her life's story. The writing was terrible and I honestly wish I had put it down in the first chapter...
H.A.
I feel dirty that I read this. It's a complete load of crap, and this woman is obviously as crazy and completely self-obsessed as she comes across on TV.
This book was interesting but I thought it was strange how fast it came to an end. It was alot of background and then BAM present day. Wierd.
Lauren
Horribly written and readable in a day. Gets an extra star for the novelty factor, but yeah, it's bad. Good thing it didn't take more time to read.
Kristine
I was disappointed with this book. Everything Danielle wrote about was already discussed on RHoNJ - I wanted some new information.
Tricia Chapman
read this out of pure curiosity. had hard time believing some of the stuff...but the book was okay.
Maureen
Oh my I am embarrased to admit I read this. Awful, just awful!
Jill
horrible book....but a guilty pleasure read for "housewives" fan!!!!!
Lisa Hernandez
Actually somewhat inspiring. I know, I know...
Cheri
She cannot write. It hurts to read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cop Without a Badge: The Extraordinary Undercover Life of Kevin Maher
  • Never Make the Same Mistake Twice: Lessons on Love and Life Learned the Hard Way
  • It's Not Really About the Hair: The Honest Truth About Life, Love, and the Business of Beauty
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • Learning to Fly: The Autobiography
  • Semi-Homemade Cooking
  • Love Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage
  • Transition: The Story of How I Became a Man
  • The Baby Train and Other Lusty Urban Legends
  • The Real Housewives Get Personal
  • Killing Willis: From Diff'rent Strokes to the Mean Streets to the Life I Always Wanted
  • The Last Days of John Lennon: A Personal Memoir
  • The Depression Workbook: A Guide for Living with Depression and Manic Depression
  • Cooking & Screaming: Finding My Own Recipe for Recovery
  • RFK: A Memoir
  • House of Hilton: From Conrad to Paris: A Drama of Wealth, Power, and Privilege
  • Pillars of Pentegarn (Endless Quest, #3)
  • Innocence Lost: A Little Girl's Life Changed Forever (The Cries No One Heard #1)
The Naked Truth