Start by marking “Second Skin (Skinned, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Skin (Skinned, #2)

Second Skin

(Skinned #2)

With FIENDS like Eryn... Monsters. Bloodsuckers. The evil. The damned. Eryn McCain knows they exist-she's been hunting them since she was a child. At sixteen, she's ready to take on all comers. Being a shapeshifter gives her an advantage when it comes to her unusual part-time job. The hours suck and the pay is, well, non-existent, but bonuses like inhuman strength and nigh ...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Leap Books

To ask other readers questions about Second Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Skin

Felicia Chien
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it

Book: Second Skin by Judith Graves
Pages: 270
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Source: Sent from LeapBooks

Short Synopsis: Eryn lives in a town called RedGrave where practically everyone has a special power. Eryn, being part wolven, must learn to control her wolf before things get worse. But before she can do that, the town is being haunted by a night mare. A horrible monster that preys on innocents through their night mares.

My Thoughts: Easy to follow along to, with interesting characters, and a
Michelle Randall
Reviewed for Readers Favorite

Through the visions of Marie, Alec's mom, and Alec himself, and the sights given to her by Wade, Eryn knew what was to come, and she didn't like it one bit! In order to save the town of Redgrave she would have to give in to her inner wolf, and it would cost someone she cared about their life. She wasn't ready to face that, but whether she was ready or not, the showdown was approaching. Second Skin (Skinned Book 2) finds Eryn still caught between Alec and Wade, still
Sharrice
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
After I read these two books I had no idea what to think. Throughout the entire first book you pretty much know only about three main characters are supernaturals. At the end more characters have reveled themselves and I swear I never saw it coming. The main characters spends most of the entire first book fighting both sides of herself. She's a half wolven which is just a different more modern day werewolf. Kinda like Underworlds werewolves. They can change into humans, and have thoughts. Werewo ...more
Terri
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
K, I am not gonna lie I am a little bias because this book was written by a local author but I really enjoyed it. It is a young adult novel and the 2nd in a series. I love the characters and they are very well written. The main character is a strong female role which is really refreshing to see in modern literature. It is not an extremely difficult read (which makes sense since it is geared toward a mostly teen audience) but the author packs a lot of action and plot depth into a meager 270 pages ...more
LibraryCin
This is book 2 in the Skinned series. Eryn, part human/part wolven, is being visited by a “night mare” in her dreams/while she sleeps. This is a very dangerous demon. While trying to defeat this demon, with the help of her friends, she also learns some things about her parents (who went missing and were presumed dead). Eryn continues to be torn between Alec and Ward.

This continues to be a really enjoyable series. It's YA, so it is quick to read. I think I liked the characters more in the first b
Natalie
Apr 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: parnormal fanatics
I was in such a mood, that even though I wasn't overly fond of the first novel, I would give the second a go, to see if it improved. This story was mostly just a rehashing of the first book with several more annoying story lines tied in. Eryn is really not that likable. She's not super loyal, she cares mostly about herself and she can't stop talking about her "wolven" side. I don't think I will be reading anymore in this series. The author failed to make me care.

On the other side, if you really
Nicole Luiken
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good read. Likeable narrator, a creepy monster du jour and an awesome 60 page climax. I liked how Eryn had to accept her wolven side, and the subplot with Paige.

I hope there will be more progress on the over-arching plot in the next book and, please, no Love Rectangles.
Alicia Stanaway (Farman)
Loved this book.

Great story pace and growth of the characters.

Still cant decide between Wade or Alec for Eryn, but I might be leaning more towards Wade. hmm.... Second Skin (Skinned, #2) by Judith Graves
Amy
Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Halli Lilburn
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Skinned series by Judith Graves begged for my attention. Little Miss attitude meats chimera and paranormal romance. Loved it. I guarantee the third will be just as good.
Sandie
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Wish the next book was out!
Lindsay
Mar 15, 2012
Tiffany
Nov 03, 2013
Sora
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2017
May 08, 2013
Melissa Hazen
Sep 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Graveyard Rose (The Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • Woven (Mystic Valley Shifters #1)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • Hellbound Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance, #8)
  • Taliesin - Choice/Destiny
  • Random (The Were Chronicles, #1)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby #1)
  • Whisper (Lakeview, #2)
  • Clouds Over Akaloshia
  • Divided against Yourselves (Spell Weaver, #2)
  • Courted by the Vampire (Eight Realms, #1)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • Tangled Web (The Arrynna Doe Trilogy #1)
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • Krystal Blue (The Blue Moon, #1)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • unvamped (unvamped #1)
Residing in a northern Alberta community, similar to the fictional town of Redgrave, where Under My Skin is set - Judith unhappily endures snow in the winter, and runs away from bees in the summer.

A firm believer that Canadian teen fiction can be sexy, action packed and snarky as hell - Judith writes paranormal stories with attitude.

Skinned (4 books)
  • Under My Skin (Skinned, #1)
  • Skin of My Teeth (Skinned, #3)
  • Hour of the Wolf (Skinned, #4)