Start by marking “Blue Skies” as Want to Read:
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

3.24  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
When conservative businessman Russell Dryer meets flamboyant Robin Levitt, the owner of the soon-to-open gay nightclub Blue Skies, his world is turned upside down. Firmly entrenched in his belief that the way to gay acceptance is one of restraint, Russell is shocked by his instant attraction to the overtly gay young man. He refuses to acknowledge the magnetism between them ...more
Published June 16th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blue Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Skies

Jess
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
I give 1 star for the plot/premise.
I give 1 star for the characters

I TAKE away 3 stars because of the craptastic ending. Actually I dont even know if its a HEA = I dont know if they will attempt a relationship?

I hate being left with more question then answers.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Not my cuppa. I sorta felt like I was being preached at (yes, the message is that heavy-handed), and the ambiguous ending made me feel like I'd wasted my time.
Serena Yates
Jun 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a nice story about a gay businessman, Russel, who's been trying to hide who he is in order to become more "acceptable" to the straight majority. When he runs into Robin, who is his exact opposite and about to open a gay club, he is very attracted to him but can't deal with the man's openness. Or so he thinks. I liked that, when push came to shove, he realized that there might be another way, opening up a whole new range of posssibilities for him.
Adara
Sep 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the message of this story and its fun presentation.
Ami
Dec 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Russell Dryer is a successful businessman -- he founded GLBT-Het Connection and currently building a comprehensive gay-friendly/gay-owned business directory. But he is also a conservative; he thinks that being gay is sexual orientation and not his identity. He is not going to flaunt his gayness. So, Robin Levitt, the owner of Blue Skies (a soon-to-be-open gay club) is definitely not his type. Six feet five inches (at least) and built, Robin is FLAMING. He doesn't care with his "gayness" being ou ...more
R.J.
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I adore Russel - his character was detailed so perfectly I could picture him in my head...and as for Robin...his outlook on life just made me smile and had me nodding along in agreement. I hope we get to read more about Robin and Russel - I only have one complaint and that is that I may have to wait a long time for another look into their lives...
Chris
Oct 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, owned, ebook
Decent short m/m romance about a conservative businessman who's very attracted to a flaming younger man, but stays away because he thinks being "so gay" brings the wrong sort of attention to the gay community.
Kiki
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
promising but unsatisfying ... not enough to it
Clover
Sep 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
cute story. no sex but cute anyway.
Gaa-chan