Start by marking “Nowhere to Hide” as Want to Read:
Nowhere to Hide

Nowhere to Hide

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Published November 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere to Hide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere to Hide

Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
A really nice mystery book, kept me on my toes till the end.
Roxann
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
From the cover: Marissa Gray’s world was shattered when her best friend, Gretchen, was brutally murdered. Back then, Marissa tried to convince authorities that Dillon Archer was the killer. But her eyewitness statement wasn’t enough—and Dillon disappeared. Now a successful journalist, Marissa is back to help her family during a time of need. After years away from Aurora Falls, she finally feels the past is safe behind her. Until a terrifying hooded figure causes Marissa’s car to swerve off a sno ...more
Lisa
Nov 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Marissa Gray’s world was shattered when her best friend, Gretchen, was brutally murdered. Back then, Marissa tried to convince authorities that Dillon Archer was the killer. But her eyewitness statement wasn’t enough—and Dillon disappeared. Now a successful journalist, Marissa is back to help her family during a time of need. After years away from Aurora Falls, she finally feels the past is safe behind her. Until a terrifying hooded figure causes Marissa’s car to swerve off a snow-slick road, ne ...more
Katie
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I have read some of this authors books before and have enjoyed them. I wouldn't put them quite on the level of Mary higgins clark but close. She writes a good fast paced mystery. I had no idea of the killer until I was at the end and while I did enjoy the book I found the motive for the murders to be a little far fetched and not very logical. Nonetheless I did like it and will read many more of hers.". (copied from a random persons review)

I love to support West Virginian authors.
Maggie61
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Feb 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I checked this out of the library & I really enjoyed the book. This is the first book I've read by this author & I'll definitely be reading some more of her books. It was a good mystery that I couldn't put down. I was surprised at the ending & was completely engrossed. My husband was making fun of my gasps as I read the book. Definitely recommend this book.
Alex Arth
Feb 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
A murder occurs on an island and many years later the people present come together again. As they become reaquainted, murders begin to occur. Everyone believes the person responsible for the murder years ago has returned. In the last two chapters the plot takes a totally unexpected twist. This was a very enjoyable book and a quick read.
Katy
Apr 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Marissa witnessed the death of her closest friend years ago, yet the police decided to use another person's "eyewitness" account instead. Now though, people who were close to the victim are dying. Has the killer returned? Thompson, a WV Writer, is good, but I did figure out "whodunit" just not why.
Jackie
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the book, very good mystery, I had thought I had figured it out (knew it wasn't Dillon) had someone else in mind, what a surprise at the end. I started reading this book around the middle of February on my lunch break, but had to take it home tonight (weekend) knew I would be itching to finish it to see if I was right. So glad I did,
Sheryl
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I haven't read a mystery/thriller in awhile so maybe they're not my genre anymore. This seemed to me overkill in the body department, the buildup and drama. Lots of characters and it was easy for me to put this book down for several days.
  • In the Arms of Danger
  • Danger in Deer Ridge (Blackthorne, Inc., #4)
  • Getaway
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Bird Brained (Rachel Porter, #3)
  • Dead Frenzy (A Loon Lake Mystery, #4)
  • The Calling (Night Breeds, #1)
  • Pocket-47 (Nicholas Colt, #2)
  • Twisted Justice
  • Sex. Murder. Mystery. (True Crime box set)
  • Hell to Pay (Live to Tell #3)
  • Shattered
  • Metro Star Murders
  • Cast into Doubt
  • Seeking Vengeance
  • Fatal Error
  • No Cure For Murder
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.
More about Carlene Thompson...