Start by marking “Arabic Through the Qur'an” as Want to Read:
Arabic Through the Qur'an

Arabic Through the Qur'an

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Whether used as a means of self-instruction or as part of higher learning coursework, this language primer is ideally suited for those wishing to learn classical Arabic and for Muslims who wish to learn Arabic exclusively for use in their religious and spiritual practice. Designed to enhance the understanding of the Qur'an and its vocabulary that has infiltrated the whole ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by Islamic Texts Society

To ask other readers questions about Arabic Through the Qur'an, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arabic Through the Qur'an

Francesca Bocca-Aldaqre
I bought this book as a first resource to learn the Arabic language, after having studied an introductory book to learn how to read and write in the Arabic alphabet.
The book is well structured, and enables the student to analyse and understand simple Quranic verses after a few lessons.
However, grammatical explanations are extremely concise (even though clear), and there are very few exercises. The student might be overwhelmed by the depth of the material after the first few pages.
I advice people
Sofia
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arabic-books
I use this book to teach students Arabic with the aim of being able to read the Quran in it's original Arabic text. I have always used Haywood and Nahmad's A New Arabic Grammar, to teach and while I prefer the depth of the latter, the brief "bite-size" nature of the chapters in this book, make it more accessible for students. However if you are looking for a teach-yourself kind of book, this will probably not be sufficient. Hence four rather than five stars.
Ramón
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't have any other frame of reference for books on learning Arabic, but I found this one to be helpful. It's pretty limited in scope though, so if you're wanting to get serious about learning Arabic, there are probably better resources. For the casual learner like myself, give it a try.
Jameel Siddiq