Start by marking “The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done” as Want to Read:

Revered management thinker Peter F. Drucker is our trusted guide in this thoughtful, day-by-day companion that offers his penetrating and practical wisdom. Amid the multiple pressures of our daily work lives, The Daily Drucker provides the inspiration and advice to meet the many challenges we face. With his trademark clarity, vision, and humanity, Drucker sets out his idea ...more
Published October 26th 2004 by Harper Business

Start your review of The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
Ray Evangelista
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
supposedly bought for my Ate Milady, but I instead owned for myself, since it will be of far use to my needs now
David Lau
Apr 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A great breakfast table or late night read. Each passage is a short one minute read. Allow plenty of time for reflection and a couple re-reads. Drucker's insights are great for 5-10 minute brainstorming, discussion, and inspiration sessions. ...more
Lance Willett
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful daily reference, bite-sized inspiration, with action points to follow up on. Originally borrowed from local library, loved it so much I bought my own copy.
Jeff Scott
This is a good combination of Drucker's best books, but they are just snippets. It takes a page from one of his books and puts it in a sound bite. That seems fine if you need an introduction, but not as useful. I read the Effective Executive before this and found it much more useful. Many of the passages from that book go into Daily Drucker. It was a bit redundant for me as a result. ...more
Raghda
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Simply not for anyone to read only for those who are business oriented. It is highly recommended for managers, CEOs, and people who have a managerial position or waiting and preparing for a managerial position. I believe it will be on my to read list after 5 or 10 years from now so I can be fully interested and enjoy it more.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A must-read book by Peter Drucker on management for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Bahadir
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are many inspiring ideas.. Strictly recommended
Mohammed Barakat
Apr 23, 2020 rated it liked it
"The Daily Druker is a collection of excerpts from Drucker’s books and articles spreading over a 366-day diary. The reader can read each day and possibly reflect on his/her life.

The excerpts cover many topics in the life of any professional. The book discusses economics, politics, leadership and management, innovation, motivation, entrepreneurship, lean, quality, etc. from which the reader can pick and choose then use.

As any other reader I favored some topics over others. I found days talking ab
David Roberts
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to David by: Julie Menassaka gift Christmas 2018
Peter Drucker is a management guru from the prior millennium that has written some very classic works on leadership and management. In my new role in state government I found his insights very helpful. He is both thoughtful and analytical, and dissects common leadership situations to provide insight and new ideas.

This is a great daily reading book for leaders. Strongly recommend it.

One small irritation: There is a strict copy limit. I like to cut and paste the best quotes from my daily reading b
Edwin Setiadi
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Snippets from the wisdom of Peter Drucker

This is the thinking of management guru Peter Drucker summarised into one book. It is great for an introduction but lacking the flows and wider contexts that we would normally get from his books and articles.

The content also do not age that well. For instance, when he is talking about the progress of technology he uses e-mail as the innovative example. He also mentions outsourcing as the increasing trend among organisations, while I forgot how distant ea
Yushi Wei
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In the previous 3 attempts, I've only read about 40 pages or so before becoming bored. The times weren't right, this book was sitting on my bookshelf for the last 3 years. Finally finished it today, and the insights are more relevant than before. With the advance of knowledge workers and society, Drucker does an excellent job explaining how we can excel in this new regime with our knowledge and what we can do to benefit the company and society.

If you have not worked for a couple of years, the i
Jen Vetterli
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
I really wanted to like this book more than I did. Much of it was useful, but many parts were a slog to get through, and a few parts were too “out there” for my liking. Finally gave up around early October. Might go back and selectively read some entries for the remainder of the year.
Lori Sullivan
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Peter Drucker and this book did not disappoint. I chose it as my "daily" read this year and found myself looking forward to each morning with his words of wisdom on business and leadership. I highly recommend for anyone looking for a daily read in the year ahead. ...more
Andrew I.
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Education in management

This compilation of 26 books is essential for life and business. It has expanded and stretched my thinking as a human relative to society and its institutions.
Sergei Zotov
Must have been a 20-tips-article on Medium not a 366-tips-book. It gets really repetitive and some of those advices should have stayed in the 70s.
Lisa Lewton
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a daily read for a year, so I’m moving through it slowly. Well written, easy to quickly read each day. Good, practical advise from a business sage.
Linda Marie
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My go to try and read a page every work day. One of my best purchases ever!
Adam Wiggins
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up
Solid business wisdom, packaged into very brief (~2 page) sections. The format is unfortunate, however, since it prevents the author from going very deep on any topic or providing any concrete examples.

Some quotes:

"Virtually no program or activity will perform effectively for a long time without modification and redesign. Eventually every activity becomes obsolete. [...] The inability to stop doing anything is the central disease of government."

"The task of management is to make people capable o
Ben Wood
Jul 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: work
I find some of the days entries more insightful than others, but there are a number of provocative thoughts shared all throughout. Well worth the read, a good--albeit light--compendium of Drucker's vast array of articles and books.

See pages p. 16,17, origins of feedback p. 26, 27, 38,39, 43, 44, reinventing govnmt p 54, 58, knowledge worker productivity p. 157, 158, individual dvlpmnt p. 177

stopped on Jun 9th.
Dave
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There isn't really anything bad to say about this book. If you are in business, own a business, think about getting better at your job...or any of the above, this is a must read. Its a daily devotional of business. It covers all of Peter Drucker's career, so you get early thinking and later thinking...really useful! ...more
Mujib Burahman
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
You jot everything down for the rest 365 days (a year) and bonus 1 day :)
Watta write you have sir. Nothing else to say ohter than Magnificant Work form magnificant Modern Management founding father ....
Sean
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant tidbits with interesting examples, suggestions for action, and references to books and articles he wrote. I'm sure his books are more helpful but there's enough content for each day to get the reader thinking and help them find more information (and sell him/her another book!). ...more
Kamael
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
There are some good nuggets in this book, but it gets repetitive quickly. It's also geared toward a corporate world and lacks the agility in thinking that can be applied to more modern business models. ...more
Joel
Aug 20, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Daily bits of Drucker's wisdom and insight. Nice and digestable. Anyone with any interest in biz or management must read Drucker ...more
Barry
Sep 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
You need to buy it and use it as intended as a collection of daily readings. It does look like thought provoking collection of reflections on management and leadership.
Kristin Hatch Iverson
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I like that I have a source of thought provoking management ideas. And when I am not in the business mood or mode, this helps.
Rahul Chowdhury
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classics, management
A wonderful daily dose of drucker. Worth reading everyday.
Mark Polino
May 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2011
Everytime I reread this I find new things I missed.
Jayendra
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
LIKE FABLES ITS ONE PAGE READING AND CONCLUDING WITH MEANINGFUL ADVICE BY LEGENDARY PETER DRUCKER
Dr.  Rae Baum
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This masterpiece is being read on a daily basis for inspiration, and motivation to share with clients, colleagues, family, fans, and friends!

• Venture Deals
  • The Divorce Papers
  • Sylvia Browne's Book of Dreams
  • Academic Leadership Day by Day: Small Steps That Lead to Great Success
  • The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations for Clarity, Effectiveness, and Serenity
  • In-N-Out Burger: A Behind-the-Counter Look at the Fast-Food Chain That Breaks All the Rules
  • Team of Vipers: My 500 Extraordinary Days in the Trump White House
  • Adventures in the Screen Trade
  • Straight Man
  • Sinatra: The Chairman
  • How to Be Well: The Everyday Actions, Reliable Rituals, and Proven Tactics of the Healthiest and Happiest People
  • The Queen of the South
  • The Big Picture
Peter Ferdinand Drucker was a writer, management consultant and university professor. His writing focused on management-related literature. Peter Drucker made famous the term knowledge worker and is thought to have unknowingly ushered in the knowledge economy, which effectively challenges Karl Marx's world-view of the political economy. George Orwell credits Peter Drucker as one of the only writer ...more

News & Interviews

“In the Next Society’s corporation, top management will be the company. Everything else can be outsourced.” 3 likes
“I consider myself a “social ecologist,” concerned with man’s man-made environment the way the natural ecologist studies the biological environment.....the discipline itself boasts an old and distinguished lineage. Its greatest document is Alexis de Tocqueville’s Democracy in America. But no one is as close to me in temperament, concepts, and approach as the mid-Victorian Englishman Walter Bagehot. Living (as I have) in an age of great social change, Bagehot first saw the emergence of new institutions: civil service and cabinet government, as cores of a functioning democracy, and banking as the center of a functioning economy. A hundred years after Bagehot, I was first to identify management as the new social institution of the emerging society of organizations and, a little later, to spot the emergence of knowledge as the new central resource, and knowledge workers as the new ruling class of a society that is not only “postindustrial” but postsocialist and, increasingly, post-capitalist. As it had been for Bagehot, for me too the tension between the need for continuity and the need for innovation and change was central to society and civilization.” 3 likes