Start by marking “Five Little Pumpkins” as Want to Read:

Five Little Pumpkins

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate... The first said, My, it's getting late! ...

Count with the pumpkins from one to five as they each experience the fun and spookiness of Halloween night! Spot-laminated pumpkins shine on the cover of this spirited padded board book.

The soft padded covers, rounded corners and sturdy board pages make this title a perfect fit for prescho
Board book, 24 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Tiger Tales

To ask other readers questions about Five Little Pumpkins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Little Pumpkins

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Make some Halloween memories with this book that will last through the years.
Jocelin
I actually read another story about "Five Little Pumpkins", I liked this one better. The illustrations were better and the story seemed more fun.
Isabel Smith
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book adaptation of the popular children's fingerplay/action rhyme by the same name. I read it to my son yesterday, and he was captivated. It's certainly not the season for this type of book, but we didn't care! If we had as much fun as we did reading it yesterday, think what fun we could have near Halloween incorporating other fun activities and stories into our reading session. Looking forward to it already! Five Little Pumpkins is a larger sized board book, so it is perfect for b ...more
Loraine
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
SUMMARY: Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late."Get ready for some wicked fun as these five pumpkins run and roll! Toddlers will want to chant along with this popular rhyme again and again. Dan Yaccarino's vibrant and bold illustrations bring these pumpkins to life with personality and style. Toddlers are sure to laugh out loud as these pumpkins roll out of sight!

REVIEW: According to my 2 1/2 year old grandson, "Gigi this good book!" The rhyming pa
Natalie Pietro
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a fun rhyming counting book. It is a greay book to get you into the Halloween spirit. My son Nico might be a little to young to understand the book but I do know he enjoyed it. The quickness of the story kept him entertained while not being to long to make him crabby. The colorful pictures set a nice scene for the book. There was even a part where the wind went WOOOOOO and I read it in a spooky tone and Nico's eyes got wide with freight but after he smiled with glee. Can't wait to read it t ...more
Jackie Douthat
I actually picked this book up on clearance and was able to create a hand puppet to go along with the story! I used a glove, some orange pipe cleaners for the pumpkins and velcro to hold them on. Then I read the story and as each pumpkin left the story I had a student pull one of the pumpkins off the glove!
Tara
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a cute rhyme, but it's a classic so the text is not what will make or break this book as there are other versions. What is great about this version are the illustrations. The pumpkins really pop against the dark blue background. The illustrations are a bit spooky but the pumpkins are so fun and friendly looking that it's not too scary for little ones.
Lynda
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Charming board book with rhyming verses. Vivid saturated colors against a "spooky" Halloween night. Not too scary for the little ones but does include a little darkness & drama to set it apart from other toddler Halloween books. We liked this one so much that we bought a copy for our two year old's book collection.
Kelley Bennett
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is very beginner level. I would use it in a kindergarten class during halloween but could also be used any time for beginning counting. I think it could be used as read alone practice for kindergartners.
Kristi Bernard
Oct 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This very cute rhyming book will teach your little ones a new way to count to five. It's a spooky fun treat for the kids and very colorful and whimsical for Halloween.
This is a great story to read after you've carved the pumpkins and it's time for bed.
Sarah Curtis
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my kids' favorites! My son loves trying to figure out which pumpkin is talking and likes to finish each page from memory.
Isabelle
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
GOOD!
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Jan 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Classic fingerplay in a book with fun and friendly illustrations by Ben Mantle.

Theme: Pumpkins
Additional themes: halloween

Reviewed from a library copy.
Emily
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book, poetry
This is a wonderful book for preschool-1st graders. It is a cute story about 5 pumpkins who all eventually go away in some different way. It is written in a sing-song, poetic way. It is definitely Halloween themed and a great way to teach math, reading, and a fun read aloud. It is a short book, but one that can be read again and again. I gave it 4 stars because it is a cute book and fun for even me to read. Genre: poetic, picture book
Stacy
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've read numerous versions of Five Little Pumpkins and this is one of my favorites. I also like that it is a sturdy board book yet it is larger than most board books. My son loves this book and the fingerplay and carries it around with him (not just around Halloween!)
Heather Jo
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lily-list
Shauna
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute illustrations and Halloween story, but it was difficult to read the words because the pages were so dark. Good board book for toddlers.
Erik
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-children
Fun little rhyme with nice art and some counting.
Library Lady Terri
Counting book about pumpkins. Alludes to Halloween but doesn't specifically mention it.
Ali
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
A very cute story for little children. And a perfect Halloween bed time story.
Emma
Josie x 4
Lisa
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: toddler
Story and images are adorable, but the contrast of the font against the illustrations are impossible to read if it isn't bright out.
Kendall Smith
Nov 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: songs
Grade Level: Pre K-K
Awards: None
Summary: This book is about the song Five Little Pumpkins. It is a spin off of the five little monkeys but a halloween twist. Each pumpkin has something to say before rolling away.
Review: This is a cute song and easy for the children to remember. It's a song I remember learning when I was younger. I have also seen this is multiple observation classrooms.
In Class: This can be a great song of the week its simple enough for Pre-K students to remember. It can also in
Meredith
Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "My, it's getting late!"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air!"
The third one said, "Good folk, beware!"
The fourth one said, "We'll run and run!"
The fifth one said, "Let's have some fun!"
"Woooooo!" went the wind . . .
And OUT went the light . . .
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!

Ben Mantle illustrates the traditional Halloween fingerplay "Five Little Pumpkins." The pictures are done in soft colors with cozy exp
Theresa
Oct 29, 2016 rated it liked it
by Ben Mantle
this is a card board book of the musical rhyme that talks about Halloween in a fun way, with movements it connects to music
I used this rhyme in kinder and first grade
Rainey
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Despite an overly simple rhyme, the rhyme itself coupled with vivid illustrations make this a great seasonal read for very young readers.
Emily
Just different enough from the version I learned as a child to confuse me...
kate
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really cute!
Kimberly
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So far this is my favorite version of Five Little Pumpkins. I loved the board book with the lovely illustrations. So cute and fun.
SoJo Perez
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holidays
We like to count the pumpkins, ghosts, and spiders.
  • Sherlock Holmes in the Hound of the Baskervilles: A BabyLit® Sounds Primer
  • Five Black Cats
  • Bubbles, Bubbles (Sesame Beginnings)
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • Over in the Hollow