Start by marking “Esplendor Secreto” as Want to Read:
Esplendor Secreto

Esplendor Secreto

(Stars of Mithra #3)

El teniente Seth Buchanan se hallaba cara a cara con una mujer muerta... que empuñaba una pistola. Su investigación por homicidio, y su corazón, se volvieron un torbellino cuando Grace Fontaine resultó estar viva y coleando... y en posesión de uno de los enormes diamantes azules conocidos como las Estrellas de Mitra.

Aquel frío y circunspecto policía no permitía que los sen
Published by Harlequin (first published 1998)

Jacob Proffitt
Oh. My. Gosh. Is this a bitter disappointment?!? Way to wrap up the series in crushing stupidity, Nora. Yes, by all means, let's take the sweetest, most generous, kindest woman ever portrayed even semi-realistically in story (and Grace is so excellently-well portrayed we might have had dinner last week to catch up on old times) and match her up with the most simplistic, emotionally-constipated, cold-hearted cluntch to find himself trapped by ink and paper. Grace was awesome. Seth was an idiot. T ...more
Saly
Grace is the third friend to whom Bailey sent the diamond and she has been AWOL, Lieutenant Seth finds her home burglarized and a body he thinks is Grace but learns differently.

Grace is a cool customer used to hiding her real self beneath her looks and sophistication, she had to learn to with her vulture relatives and everyone wanting a piece of her, she behaved recklessly just to get back at her family and only MJ and Bailey know her real generous self.

Seth only knows what she allows people to
Cristina
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first I was a bit skeptical regarding this series, but after reading the first book, I was so curious about what will happen, that I needed to read the next 2 books. I was pleasantly surprised about the fact that I wasn't interested in the romantic side, but in the mystery and the suspense regarding the stars. The only thing I didn't like about this series, was that the characters fell in love with each other way too fast.
Ana
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo
Este livro coloca um fim na trilogia "As Estrelas de Mithra" e desvenda o ministério das jóias há muito tempo desaparecidas.
São livros leves para serem lidos quando não apetece pensar em nada e apenas pretendemos passar um tempo divertido com a leitura.
İlkim
Nora'dan bir üçleme daha bitirmiş oldum. Darısı kalan onlarcasına...
Quinn's Book Nook
This year I have been really enjoying re-reading older Nora Roberts books via audio. Her books have a nostalgia factor for me because she is the author I turned to when I was first discovering the romance genre. Secret Star is the third and final book in the Stars of Mithra series, and while it is very enjoyable, I don't love it like I do many of Roberts' other books.

Secret Star is about Grace, best friend to Bailey and M.J.. Due to events in the first book, Grace has one of the stars of Mithra,
Lauren
Secret Star
3.5 Stars

Lieutenant Seth Buchanan comes from a long line of cops and always plays it by the book. That is until he meets Grace Fontaine, a woman who is supposed to be dead. In Grace’s presence, Seth forgets all about remaining cold and aloof and before he knows it Grace is under his skin and tying him up in knots. When the murky figure searching for the final Star of Mithra reveals his twisted agenda, Seth and Grace will have to face their differences or die trying…

The final installme
Mojca
Grace Fontaine is dead, tumbled face-first on her coffee table, and Seth Buchanan is determined to find out who did it and why. He suspects the why has a lot to do with the three blue diamonds, the Stars of Mithra, someone is determined to acquire at all cost, it's the "someone" that's elusive...The Grace Fontaine suddenly appears in her house, alive and well, pointing a gun at him, and Seth knows, he just knows, he's in trouble...

I'm sorry to say, this was the weakest of the bunch. Not bad, far
Judy Churchill
This third and final book in this trilogy was just as I expected. It was a lovely fairy tale.
Yvonne
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this last book in the series the most. Good story!
Bree T
Secret Star is the final novel in the Stars of Mithra trilogy and revolves around Grace, friend of Bailey and M.J from the first two novels. The three girls have known each other since college and are incredibly close. When Bailey knew the three diamonds were in danger, she separated them to keep them safe and Fed-Ex’d one to M.J and the other to Grace. M.J kept hers with her while she was on the run with Jack Dakota and they looked for Grace at her country house. Until this novel the reader has ...more
Deborah Vespo
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third book in the Stars of Mithra series. The book begins in Grace Fontaine's home and Seth Buchanan is the homicide investigation cop who will begin the investigation of her murder. The next thing he knows a woman has a gun pointed at him, the woman who is suppose to be dead. Turns out the dead woman is actually Grace's cousin who has always treated her with disdain while at the same time tries to be her and had snuck into her home and was staying there while Grace was out. The Stars of Mit ...more
Maura
Katrina
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lieutenant Seth Buchanan is investigating a murder scene when the supposed victim walks through the front door. Grace Fontaine is even more beautiful in person than she is in the portrait over her mantel, and Seth knows that she means trouble. But he's a cautious man, long accustomed to guarding his heart, and he's determined to continue the practice. Grace, however, has other ideas; Seth is the man she's been waiting for through all the long, lonely years she has spent as an unbelievably rich, ...more
Kate Millin
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grace is the last of the 3 friends to have one of the blue diamonds of Mithra in her possession. This book starts with Seth, a police lieutenant, at her lovely house investigating her death. He is somewhat surprised to meet her as he leaves. In this book the 3 friends Grace, M. J. and Bailey work together more it's their new partners and Seth to resolve the problem of the man who is trying to get hold of the diamonds and finds killing people easy.
Sandra
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Uma estória de amor bastante preenchida de pormenores, para um livro da Harlequin.

Gostei bastante da mistura entre paixão, crime e o mistério que envolve os três diamantes azuis.

Quando leio um livro da Harlequin, normalmente, sinto que foi uma leitura incompleta, como se faltassem "bocados" ao enredo, como se num determinado momento a estória avançasse demasiado, desse "um salto", o que não foi este o caso.

Basta dizer que devorei-o numa tarde.

Mary
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I love when Nora mixes a little magic and myth in her books. I modern day you can almost believe in the things she writes about. Three blue diamonds that bring those from the past into the dreams of those in the hear and now. They must protect triangle and destroy the evil. Just another good book to escape reality.
Paraphrodite
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2016
The final of the trilogy and probably my least favorite of the 3 books. Grace and Seth as individuals and as a couple just didn't feel as solid/believable as the other 2 couples from the previous books. The villain was a bit too easily defeated at the end too.
Jo Ellen Thomas
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good.

Very good.

An excellent read. As always I enjoyed the book very much. I plan on reading the rest of the series.
Denise
Kerstin
"Der geheime Stern" hat mir, vielleicht von den letzten Kapiteln abgesehen, von allen drei Bänden der Reihe am besten gefallen. Grace und Seth sind interessante, gut ausgearbeitete Protagonisten, die auf den ersten Blick sehr unterschiedlich zu sein scheinen, aber dennoch zusammen passen. Beide fand ich auf ihre Art wirklich sympathisch, vor allem Grace, die so ein gutes, großes Herz hat, jedoch von den meisten ihrer Mitmenschen völlig falsch eingeschätzt und verurteilt wird, sogar von ihrer Fam ...more
SM
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debby
Shelly Poncelet
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favorite part of this trilogy was the relationship between the women. I shed tears when they reunited at the beginning of book 3. I know these are romance novels and therefore the focus is on the women and their men, but I thoroughly enjoyed when the women were together, no matter how brief.

This third book is my favorite of the trilogy. I felt that, wealth and radiant beauty aside, Grace was the most relatable. She was (emotionally) the strongest of the bunch. She had a backbone and
Sunni
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Thank you to Ms. Roberts for a wonderfully written series with three very different women. This book is a great conclusion to the Stars of Mithra series.

Grace is believed to be dead, but she isn't. Police Lieutenant Seth Buchanan now has to try and keep her alive as the person who killed her cousin by mistake is still trying to get her.

The characters in this novel could be real, and that makes this novel even more enjoyable. Ms. Roberts has a talent for describing feelings in a way most can't. Y
Annette McIntyre
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Seth Buchanan is a Police Lieutenant in DC and is getting very tired of all the bodies piling up over the fourth of July weekend - so far the body count is 6 and there are no obvious connections, or at least, that's what he is telling himself as he stands over the body of Grace Fontaine. When he comes back to the house to investigate further, he is accosted by a woman with a gun, demanding to know why he is in her house - and she looks like the dead woman. Or is it that the dead woman looks like ...more
Marcia Davis
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely a great read but you have to read ALL three. The start is amazing. They draw each other together so well in the story it’s hard to put down. Finding the men in their lives to assist them in this case is overwhelming. I loved each book & couldn’t wait to start the next to find the End. Magnificent
angela yargus
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What? You don't like HEA?

Well, I do! It is moments of being terrified, and FEELING ANOTHER'S TERROR! Yet, even knowing everything will be all as it should be....wanting to know how the writer will get you there! AHHH! THAT is a great storyteller!
Thanks for another wonderful story...another perfectvending!
Carol
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't start this series at the start, therefore I really don't have the full story to understand. I haven't enjoyed Book 3 very much at all, but if I had the other books, would probably have been a lot better. My own bad!!!!
Mizloo
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reread
Stuck on a train waiting for a drawbridge to close back down yesterday, I looked in my downloaded books for something engaging and not demanding - something where I knew the ending and could easily close the book unfinished. This was the perfect choice for that annoying 100 minutes.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Other Side
  • Reason (Greystone, #3)
  • Nora Roberts
  • The Rescue Mission (Special Forces, #2)
  • Gift of Fire (Gift, #2)
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
  • Prince Charming M D
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)

Stars of Mithra (3 books)
  • Hidden Star (Stars of Mithra, #1)
  • Captive Star (Stars of Mithra, #2)