Start by marking “A Proper Seduction” as Want to Read:
A Proper Seduction

A Proper Seduction

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  60 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Don't get even. Get everything . . .

Even before her bad marriage ended, Lauren MacDonald lost everything-her job, her friends, her self-esteem, and her sexual appetite. Now that she's finally free, she's struggling to regain control of a life her ex did his best to destroy.

The plan: sex with Justin Scott, her ex's business partner. The man her husband invited into their ma
Published (first published May 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Proper Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Proper Seduction

seton
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Lauren wants to take back control after her acrimonious divorce to an abusive control freak is finalized. Toward the end of her marriage, her ex introduced his business partner, Justin, into their bed without her consent. Now, she propositions Justin to meet her at a hotel for just sex.

This short is about 38 pages. Not much room to really tackle such a messy premise so it feels shortchanged. Also, for a Samhain publication, it's not as raunchy as I come to expect.

What I did get out of it is that
MaggieReadsRom
Aug 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, contemporary
First line: “I was surprised to see your name on my schedule this morning.” Justin Scott eased into his oversized desk chair, careful not to tip over backwards. Having his ass hit the floor in front of Lauren MacDonald…well, that was just not going to happen.
Memorable Scenes:
- Opening scene > real attention grabber

Quick & Dirty-review:

Summary:
Lauren MacDonald is out to take back the reigns of her life through a sexual encounter with the man she has secretly been craving for. Justin
Jamie
Sep 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I saw a review for this e-book on another blog that I follow and it sounded VERY interesting. I checked to see if it was available for Barnes and Noble Nook owners and low and behold it was! So naturally, I downloaded it and devoured it!

The premise of the book is about a woman who just got out of a TERRIBLE marriage and is looking to gain a little bit of control back in a certain part of her life....The Bedroom. So Lauren makes a proposition to Justin.....3 nights of mind-blowing, no-kissing-on-
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews

Jess the Romanceaholic
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: three-way-luvin
Raynell
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"I was surprised to see your name on my schedule this morning.” Justin Scott eased into his oversized desk chair, careful not to tip over backwards. Having his ass hit the floor in front of Lauren MacDonald…well, that was just not going to happen.

A priceless and enticing move to an opening scene to a story. Catches a reader unguarded to what more the author has planned for these two characters. Well written.
Lori
May 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-2010
This novella had potential, but unfortunately I never felt the connection between Lauren and Justin. We never saw enough of Lauren's thoughts to understand her transitions. It explored some heavy subject matter, but the page count was too short for me to believe that there was a HEA for this couple. Justin basically admitted to raping Lauren, and they didn't have enough time to work fully through it. I did like that Dimon doesn't promise the HEA, only the possibility that it will work out.
Julia
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction, dropbox
Few short stories that contain such a strong romantic tone are able to strike the right balance between character background and present action. I was ver, very impressed by this quick flash of a story, I found the characters interesting and full fleshed, despite the limited number of pages the author had to work with.
Liza
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
HelenKay Dimon delivers a super sexy story with A Proper Seduction. Justin and Lauren were so HOT together, but each had to be able to move beyond their past to see if they could find a way to be a couple. Another winner by HelenKay Dimon.
Daniela
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebook
This is a smokin hot read. Author is auto-buy. Love all her work. This is a short novella. However it is written well enough to be believed that they have a future and a connection. Strong m/f characters. Great story.
Tasha
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When i first saw this book i thought ok its a short story its going to take me about ten minutes to read, and im a slow reader, boy was i wrong but i enjoyed every minute of reading this book so glad i finally got to read it
Ashley
Ann Marie
Jul 24, 2015
Moran
Jul 15, 2011
HelenKay Dimon is a divorce lawyer-turned-romance author. After dedicating years to helping people terminate relationships she now writes romance novels full time. Her books have earned praise, appeared on bestseller lists, won numerous awards and twice been named Red-Hot Reads and excerpted in Cosmo. She sometimes writes erotic romance, sometimes writes romantic suspense and sometimes writes cont ...more
More about HelenKay Dimon...