Start by marking “Power of Vitamin D” as Want to Read:
Power of Vitamin D

Power of Vitamin D

You'll be shocked when you read what you can do to improve your health and what Big Pharma doesn't want you to know about the most affordable treatment around -Vitamin D.

Vitamin D is crucial to our health, yet most people are low in this vital vitamin - despite the vitamins they take, the foods they eat, the milk they drink or the sun exposure they receive.

In Power of Vit
Published (first published January 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Power of Vitamin D, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power of Vitamin D

Start your review of Power of Vitamin D
Andrew
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book (written by a leading Endocrinologist) that shows the relationship between vitamin D deficiency and a number of health problems. Whilst covering a fairly technical subject, it is none the less easy to read and includes extensive references. There is much I learned from reading the "Power of Vitamin D" and I would recommend it.
Jenna
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put a star rating on a technical book--can't really say, "I laughed, I cried." LOL. But, this was an excellent book for its purpose. The author, a doctor, and avid advocate of the treatment of various ailments via vitamin/hormone therapy, did an outstanding job of explaining how important having an adequate vitamin D level is to overall health. I read the book because a family member suffers from a deficiency, but learned a great deal that will benefit me personally. As a person with chr ...more
Bridget
May 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I grow older, I realize that all the things my parents told me to do as a child were right. As a kid and even a teen, I didn't really see the point in taking vitamins or making sure that I was getting enough in the food I was eating. I'm paying for it now. I never realized how much Vitamin D in itself did for the body. I suffer from fibromyalgia, depression and arthritis.

Dr. Zaidi book is easy to understand and I felt like I was reading something a friend wrote, not a complete stranger. I re
Snohotom
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good presentation for the need of vitamin D in the human body and the scientific findings that justify the need to up the daily dosages in order to provide optimum health. We have been told lies and half-truths about this critical vitamin for years. Don't be surprised if your own doctor is uninformed about this latest research. You may have to do your own research and maybe even educate your doctor. You should insist on having your blood levels checked. If your doctor won't help, ...more
Eddie
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book is well documented (although I didn't check any of the resources) and pretty compelling. That Vitamin D is actually a hormone was an interesting point. Many the chapters are very repetitive, based on the same symptoms and reasons for symptoms so by the end it felt fairly overdone. Also some of the writing was not quite professional which detracts from the message (don't put "Sad!" at the end of a paragraph). However I'll be looking into Vitamin D for myself.
Muhammad Ahmed
I skimmed through the technical parts, while the author is discussing the ailments due to vitamin D deficiency. Although I read through the treatment portion in detail. I think this book is not for a layman like me but for medical professionals, though it make you conscious to the deficiency of vitamin D and one can ask his doctor while getting treatment of such symptoms.

Or you can gift this book to your doctor before getting the treatment. :)
Rafael Tellez Giron
Well written and very revealing, well researched and very accessible to read by everyone. I just wished he talked more about autism, he barely toches that subject, but for many other very common diseases he makes s very good case for Vitamin D as the origin of the problem and the posible solution.
Heeralal
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and clear understanding of the subject..Thank you sir for acknowledging us with such profound knowledge of vitamin d3 and k2.

Gary McCallister
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Wear sunscreen, stay indoors 90 percent of the time, and worry about skin cancer so you can develop a myriad of other health issues. Like all things health related - it's complicated. Worthwhile reading, but of course favors Vt. D supplements.
Michele Pumphrey
Information every doctor and patient should know

Book talked about the benefits of Vitamin D for one's health and what type of Vitamin D to take. Very informative book.
Larry Jordan
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Nutrition books I have read. I read 2 or 3 a Nutrition books a week, and this one really stands out and handles some health problems in a simple understandable way. I immediately ordered copies for some of my doctor friends, and they are excited by some of the information they are now trying in their medical practices. Thank you for this book. It is already changing some lives for the better.

Larry Jordan
Darlene
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: the health conscious reader
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freebie
This is, I think, the third book on the importance of Vitamin D in our lives that I've read recently. And I have to say this was the best written of them all. Though not as personable as the others, the design with the references at the end of each chapter, made it so much easier to get through. I could use the text-to-speech to save my eyes the strain and merely turn that feature off to page down to the next chapter without hearing long streams of numbers, dates, and names.

This was probably the
Georgie
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Power of Vitamin D contains in-depth medical information about the health benefits of Vitamin D, yet it is an easy read. Did you know that vitamin D is actually a hormone? It effects every cell in your body and therefore, if you are low in vitamin D (which almost everyone is) it can impact your health in many ways, which are described in detail in the book.

Dr. Zaidi brings together cutting edge medical knowledge, research and his own clinical experience in a way that makes sense to the average p

Barbara M
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This well researched book by Dr. Zaidi reviews all the medical research on Vitamin D and health. I learned a lot reading it. Most Americans are Vitamin D deficient. You would have to spend a lot of time in the sun without sunscreen each day to manufacture enough on your own. It's hard to get enough through diet alone.

Vitamin D deficiency has major effects on our health - effecting nearly every part of our bodies. Vitamin D deficiency contributes to high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes,
Harold Kasselman
I an giving it 3.5 stars. It was an easy to read book-give credit to the Dr.'s wife for her ability to reduce complex medical information into a lay person's level of understanding.
The book is very repetitive but sometimes that is a good thing because the pertinent information is drummed into the reader.Chapter 23 is the most important one in the book in my opinion.
I was convinced of the need for the vitamin but I would have liked a bit more scientific analysis at times rather than anecdotal
Jo
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Over the years, (90+) I have become interested in Vitamin D and how it helps the body. My medical doctor keeps telling me to make sure I take enough Vitamin D as it helps the body in so many ways. I am very fair and have problems with developing skin cancer, so I need to avoid the sun, where most of our Vitamin D comes from. This book was very informative on a subject that was of a high interest because of my doctor's recommendation that I take vitamin D. It answered many of my questions about w ...more
Stephanie
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so informative. If you have ever wondered whether there is a reason so many people recommend taking vitamin d for your health, this book explains it all. I was diagnosed with really low vitamin d levels last year. My doctor suspected that why I broke my ankle. He tested me for it and he was right. wow. vitamin d is so important.
BoondocksGlam
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative and easy to read/understand-not a lot of technical medical jargon. Much of the information in the book reinforces what my own doctor has been telling me for a while -just in even more detail.
Ida
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great primer on the importance of adequate Vitamin D. The book was authored by an MD and contains references and case studies. Pick this up from Amazon as an occassional Kindle freebie or borrow from Lendle.
E. Kevin Stall
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well thought out and well documented with solid research

See above there is more than sufficient references to make this book very credible and believable!e. I live in Nevada and drive a convertible with the top almost always down and I was low on Vitamin D
Tracy
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed feelings about this book. A lot of really good information that I can apply to my own life. I didn't always care for the style of writing, and sometimes the repetition drove me nuts...but I also remember more than I usually do, so I guess it did its job.
Camille
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing was a little dry and repetitive. However, I'm giving it a four because the author did convince me of his arguement, as I am now taking vitamin d supplement :)
Jonna
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So useful! I think this is definitely something everyone should read! I found it very readable, too. Easy to refer to, with great advice on treating vitamin D deficiency.
Vicki Tyley
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie
Vitamin D deficiency is a common condition that affects a significant number of Australians (myself included), which made this even more interesting reading.
Vegetarian
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very timely, since Vitamin D is a crucial nutritional factor in human health.
Amira
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very informative, and easy to understand, even without a medical background. Definitely some breakthrough information here that's highly under the radar of "modern" medical doctors.
Kyle Darrah
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am afraid after reading this book that I will become a Vitamin D preacher. I hope it solves many medical conditions that effect my family.
Pauline
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very informative.... highly recommend this book. easy to understand
Jack
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of information (with references) about vitamin D and recent research into its importance, though sometimes a little too exuberant in extolling its virtues.
Lillian Falciglia
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Important read for everyone.

• It's Not All About Me: The Top Ten Techniques for Building Quick Rapport with Anyone
  • THE MIRACULOUS RESULTS OF EXTREMELY HIGH DOSES OF THE SUNSHINE HORMONE VITAMIN D3 MY EXPERIMENT WITH HUGE DOSES OF D3 FROM 25,000 to 50,000 to 100,000 IU A Day OVER A 1 YEAR PERIOD
  • The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
  • Lead with Luv: A Different Way to Create Real Success
  • Vitamin K2: Understanding How a Little Known Vitamin Impacts Your Health
  • Making Sense of People: Decoding the Mysteries of Personality
  • Secrets of Lemon Rediscovered: 50 Plus Recipes for Skin Care, Hair Care, Home and Laundry Cleaning along with Lemonade, Vegan, Curd, Cookies, Cakes and Desserts
  • Conversationally Speaking: Tested New Ways to Increase Your Personal and Social Effectiveness
  • The Optimal Dose: Restore Your Health With the Power of Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life
  • Magnesium: What Your Doctor Needs You To Know: Including: How to Fight Diabetes, Have a Healthy Heart, and Get Strong Bones!
  • The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook: A DIY Guide to Living Well with Chronic Illness
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Going Off The Grid: The How-To Book Of Simple Living And Happiness
  • THE ONE PERCENT EFFECT: SELL YOUR HOME. FAST. AT ASKING. ANY MARKET
  • Who Was Susan B. Anthony?

News & Interviews

“Silverberg JI, Silverberg AI, Malka E, Silverberg NB. A pilot study assessing the role of 25 hydroxy vitamin D levels in patients with vitiligo vulgaris. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Jun;62(6):937-41” 0 likes
“It is pretty clear to me that a good level of vitamin D can help you prevent serious bacterial infections. Even if you develop a bacterial infection/sepsis, vitamin D can help you recover from it. Unfortunately, when you are in the hospital, no one pays attention to your vitamin D needs. Often, you end up not taking any vitamin D during your hospital stay, the time when you need it the most. How ironic!” 0 likes