Start by marking “The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie” as Want to Read:
The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie

The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie

56 authors on hundreds of titles, including plays and short stories. Lavishly embellished with black-and-white photographs, book covers, and images. Reviews of Agatha Christie works avoid spoilers. Original thoughts on tea, word puzzles, appetite, gender, accumulate to fun times.
Paperback, Revised Second Edition, 362 pages
Published 1993 by Ungar (first published January 1st 1979)

Be the first to ask a question about The New Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie

Bookworm007
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Spoiled Curtain: Poirot's Last Case >;(

This book CLAIMS it doesn't spoil Agatha Christie books...but it does, it does. So only read it if you're prepared for that.
Diane
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very handy book to have if you're interested in Christie. I had the original paperback of this book back in the early 80s, and read it until it literally fell apart. Some of the information in it is rather dated (it was published originally in 1979) such as the movies and TV series based on her books. You won't find David Suchet's excellent Poirot series in here, for example. However, there are very nice, detailed summaries of all the books and the most important short stories. There are icons ...more
Greg
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reference, reviewed
"Oh, Agatha! How could you?" writes Norma Siebenheller at the end of her three page summary of "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd." If you've read "Ackroyd", you probably feel the same way. (And if you haven't, I envy you!) But these ridiculously long summaries are pointless: a paragraph or two would have been sufficient. On the positive side we're served very nice side dishes: the films from her books are discussed (with posters and cast pictures), there are numerous and cleverly written fan letters/ ...more
Stormcrow
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is an odd book. Let me begin by comparing it to another. Growing up, one of my favorite reference books was The Twilight Zone Companion by Marc Scott Zicree. Once I discovered the Twilight Zone, I couldn't get enough and this book was a great guide in learning about the series, but also letting me know which season each episode aired. I loved the short descriptions which included Serling's opening and closing narration. It gave you everything you needed to know.

Now this book makes it a grea
Rachel Garber
Apr 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries, anthologies abt mysteries
Recommended to Rachel by: No one
Very interesting book about the books of Ms. Christie, includes books that have been been turned into movies, who was the best Miss Marple and who was the worse, (you'll be surprised at this disclosure) testimony by women mystery writers who claim her as their "mother" A chapter about the disappearance of Ms. Christie for a period of time. Crossword puzzle, Find the Name Double-Crostic; Interview with a Hungarian fan; Christie on the BBC; the longest running play in England; the selling of Chris ...more
Eva
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Excellent for anyone who is interested in all things Christy. The only disappointment is that it does not cover the David Suchet films of Agatha Christy. I think he made the best Piorot.
booklady
Apr 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
Have been dragging my feet as I finish my last Lord Peter Wimsey mystery by Dorothy L. Sayers. She only wrote ten novels about him and this is it. I was telling my oldest daughter about that yesterday and she told me about this humorous poem in this book on Dame Agatha, the original First Lady of mystery called "The Unread Christie". I'd copy and paste it but it's copyrited, so I've provided the link instead. Enjoy!

http://books.google.com/books?id=zd3y..., p348

(It tickles me no end when dds are
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Lots of cute commentaries and interviews with fans (a disproportionate amount that enjoy the dull Miss Marple, I might add), as well as some nice fanfictive hypothetical letters, historical context, and reading guides, but there were a few too many book summaries in here, which felt a little much like filler.
An Odd1
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fan
.. In progress .. Can't leave on Current shelf for year+. Helps me read Christie works in chronological order rather than alphabetical on local library shelf - was confusing. Without spoilers, exaggerates quality (No hint that Big Four is awful). Can I copy over word puzzles in order to re-use? .. More Mañana
Booksingarden
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
While it had come cute puzzles and snippets of Christie's autobiography, most of the book was summaries of the plots (without whodunnit). The puzzles were for those who knew the plots intricately but the summaries where redundant for those who had read the books. Did not finish.
Edward
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Along with Matthew Bunson's The Complete Agatha Christie, this book is the other must-have compendium for all Agatha Christie fans. In addition to the synopses of all Christie works, there are interesting feature articles that will certainly interest her fans.
Katherine
Jun 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 91, dnf
11/15/91. Tavares. Next book, the moving finger.
Lbaker
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good way to remember Dame Christie's huge contribution to mysteries, romance, and plays. I even found a few I hadn't read - not many, but a couple.
Trish
Sep 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book for years and love it! If you're an Agatha Christie reader/fan it is a must have book!
Stacy
Mar 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Joe  Noir
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another invaluable reference work. For all Christie fans, newcomers and experts alike. Make certain you get the revised and updated edition.
Quirkyreader
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
See my review on my book blog: http://quirkyreader.livejournal.com/2...
Eva Averin
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics, crime
I haven't read this book but I can't find a way to remove it.
Bookworm Erica
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
enjoyable. alot to reference! some of the articles tho from random fans were boring
Lesley
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very helpful as some of her books have two or three titles and it is the same book plus you get the little extras and info.
Josie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
absolutely intriguing just what I was looking for for a mystery if you like puzzling and suspenseful book this is the one
Heather
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Must have book! Helps me keep track because many of Christie's books started out as short stories so they are hard to distinguish. Also some books have two or three different titles!
Tina Sanford
Jan 09, 2013 added it
Shelves: own, christie
own it, i've not read it
Erth
  • The Floating Admiral
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Agatha Christie
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Death in a White Tie (Roderick Alleyn, #7)
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days