Start by marking “Dream Chaser (Dream-Hunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dream Chaser (Dream-Hunter, #3)

Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter #13)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  25,603 Ratings  ·  746 Reviews

From #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Sherrilyn Kenyon

The spellbinding Dream-Hunter series continues!

Hades doesn't often give second chances...

Xypher has one month on Earth to redeem himself through one good deed or be condemned to eternal torture in Tarturus. But redemption means little to a demigod who only wants vengeance on the one who caused his downfall.

Unt

Published February 5th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published February 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Chaser, please sign up.
Jenn You could read it as a standalone. Most of the Dark Hunter Books can be read as a standalone because Kenyon does a pretty good job of explaining the…moreYou could read it as a standalone. Most of the Dark Hunter Books can be read as a standalone because Kenyon does a pretty good job of explaining the parts of her world the you need to understand for the purpose of the story in every book. However I really recommend reading at least Devil May Cry prior to this one because that's the book where Xypher is first introduced and you'll get to see exactly what sort of horror he's escaping and why he's so hell bent on revenge in this book. (less)

Alp
4.25/5

I can always count on Sherrilyn Kenyon to deliver such an engaging and fascinating story. Dream Chaser is another one of my unputdownable reads in which 369 pages didn't seem to be enough for me.

Xypher is a Skotos who had one month on earth as a human. One month to track and kill and get his vengeance. He’s cranky, brooding, and angry at the whole world.

Simone is a medical examiner who can see and communicate with ghosts. Her life changed forever the moment the Daimon snapped large gold br
Sophia Triad
Xypher ( Half Oneroi Skotos/Dream hunter and half gallu demon) and Simone Dubois (Initially human, later (view spoiler))

"Move forward not with hatred or love. Move forward with purpose."

Xypher is the son of nightmares’ god and a demoness. He used to be dead and constantly tortured badly at Tartarus, because he fell in love with a BITCH centuries ago and he took the blame for all the disaster that she caused.
When he is given a second chance in the previous book to liv
Exina
We first met Xypher in Devil May Cry where he helped Sin and Kat. For his help he is allowed to take a break from his eternal torture in Tartarus and granted a month on Earth to avenge his death and kill the woman who betrayed his trust and caused his downfall.
Hatred is your enemy. Vengeance is your friend. Hold it close and let it loose.

Simone Dubois is a medical examiner and has a special ability: she is able to see and communicate with ghosts. Her best friends are Jesse, a teenage ghost fro
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a fun book that I loved reading. I am glad that I enjoyed it much more than the last book in the series (Upon a Midnight Clear). I thought that Simone was one of the more fleshed out and interesting heroines, and definitely one of my favorites so far. I thought she was a great match for Xypher. Ms. Kenyon has not diverted from her uber-tortured hero mode with Xypher, but that's okay. She does the tortured hero very well. I liked how he was so surly and untrusting, and how Simone slowly ...more
Gavin
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was a good instalment in the Dark-Hunter series. The romance was fun and we got to met plenty of familiar faces as well as get introduced to a few interesting new characters.

After helping Sin and Kat in Devil May Cry, Zypher has been rewarded by a one month reprieve from his eternal punishment in Tartarus. He plans to use the time to take his revenge on an old enemy. His plans go awry when that enemy binds his life force to that of a human in order to weaken him. That human was medical exa
Viri
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leído hace tanto que ni me acuerdo... no lo tenía calificado pero es uno de los que más recuerdo 😭😍 me gustó mucho!

Xypher may be half god and half demon but when fell in love with the wrong woman and agreed to take a punishment that she had earned he was sent to Tartarus where he has been tortured by Hades for thousands of years. The betrayal and the constant suffering have turned him into an angry and uncaring man, he has spent so long without any kind of comfort that kindness and friendship are completely foreign concepts to him. We first met Xypher in Devil May Cry and as a thanks for his help Ka
Jilly
Better than the last Dream Hunter book, we get to go back to New Orleans. In this one, we have Simone, a human, getting chained to Xyper, a jerky undead guy who was being punished in hell but has a month to be human and prove himself worthy of no more punishment. They are so unsuited to be chained together.

Xypher: "Do you have to be so damned perky? Was it too much to ask that I get chained to a depressed mute or one of those chicks who dresses in black and writes bad poetry?"

Simone: "The las
CC
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this installment in the series. Kenyon usually has her heros be tortured souls, but Xypher - yikes - it was bad! I felt horrible for him when I read about him in Devil May Cry. Now we get the full story and anytime someone is totally screwed over because they are desperate for the only kindness they have ever seen in their entire existence - I want that person to be happy.

It was sad to see Xypher not be able to identify any nice thing said to him or done for him. His pleasure, b
Sammy Loves Books
This was the first Dream Hunter I've enjoyed. The others were rather boring and didn't feel as if they had been written by the same author of the Dark Hunter and Were Hunter series'. THe love story between Simone and Xypher took a long time to develop but it felt very sincere. Xypher is a Dream Hunter that has been wrongly accused and convicted of a crime he didn't commit. A crime committed by Satara, Stryker's evil sister.

My major complaint with this book was that everyone was willing to make s
Ronak Gajjar
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, series
description
And of course once again,
Greek Gods + Vampires + Daimons + Dream Gods + Dark Hunters + Atlantean Gods + Insignificant Humans blabbering + Of course Captivating dry humour = The whole book!
Concept: 2.50/5.0
Execution: 2.50/5.0
Characters Bespoken: 2.50 /5.0
Cover: 2.0/5.0
Overall: 2.50/5.0
As for Xypher and Simone:
description
P.S.: IT’S ACHERON TIME BABY! I am so excited that I have whole damn book – WHOLE DAMN BOOK on ACHERON! *heart eyes*
Vijetha
5 I-love-Xypher Stars..!!!!

13th book in the Dark-Hunter Series
3rd book in the Dream-Hunter Series
1st book in my love list of the week!

I simply Loved this book! No better way to describe it. Loved Loved Loved it. Sorry if I'm sounding like broken record, but I loved it!
You don't have to read the entire 12 books before this to plunge into this one. This book can be read as a stand alone But, I do recommend you to read Devil May Cry (11th book in the Dark-Hunter series) before this one because tha
Grecia Robles
4.5 STARS

I CANT BELIEVE, I DID IT AND FINALLY ACHERON

Este es de los libros que más me ha gustado de la serie, casi no le pongo pero digo casi, sus protagonistas me encantaron al igual que la historia y lo que más me encanta es que las tramas se van volviendo más novedosas, haciendo mezclas de diferentes seres, mezclando panteones, no encasillando a los daimons o demonios que sean exclusivamente villanos, que podamos ver su otra cara de la moneda Tu muy bien Sherrilyn Kenyon

Xypher me ha enamo
Tessa Teevan
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: definite-reread
Reread: October 2015

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I wasn't sold on the Dream Hunters until Xypher. This Universe is so complex, creative, and I love watching it all unfold. There are surprises around every corner, and it's INCREDIBLE!

ON TO ACHERON!!!!!
Mahlet
Jun 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kenyon lovers who are already familiar with the Dark-Hunter series
Shelves: pnr, series
To quote Simi from the YearofAcheron website:

"Don’t forget that Dream Chaser is out and before you read Akri’s book, you really, really need to read Xypher’s cause if you don’t know who Jaden is, you gonna be missing out."

Well if Simi says so, I guess that's settled! ;D

...ok, finished reading - here's my review:

I haven't read the first 2 Dream Hunter books, but I had no problem following along. Xypher is another classic Kenyon hero – gorgeous and tortured. He's a Skoti (a rogue Dream Hunter tha
Carmen
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kenyon fans
I don't know if this book really deserves a 2-star rating or if I'm just burned-out on Kenyon after reading about 10 books in a row by her.

I really wanted to love this book - Xypher, the angry, rage-filled dream-god fromDevil May Cry - was going to be my next Zarek. You know, grumpy as all heck and a badass but then a sweetie inside. :) Love that trope.

ANYWAY. I was disappointed. For one thing, Kenyon makes the heroine, Simone (view spoiler)
Yodamom
Audio- I almost skipped this book. The last dream Hunter book just did nothing for me. This one woke up my need for the Hunter world. This edition to the series has strong ties to the Dark Hunters, with a few characters overlapping into the story. It was exciting, mysterious, romantic, and set in New Orleans !
Simone Dubois and Dream-Hunter Xypher are the perfect mix of hot and cold. They are trapped together, and boy oh boy talk about opposites. Snicker** this is where the fun starts. They tortu
Juli
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Volvimos a los libros de esta autora que me vuelven loca!
♥♥
Hay un personaje que me dejo MUY intrigada!!!
Yelania Nightwalker
<3 Xyper

Había leído esta libro hace mucho tiempo en inglés pero su portada en español es tan bonita, que siempre lo había deseado hasta ahora, que definitivamente no pude resistirme a verla en mi librero.

Xypher es uno de los pocos personajes que ha conseguido llegar a mi corazón por múltiples razones. En primera saber que su madre lo trataba tan mal, que su padre no lo defendió cuando él lo necesitaba, que la mujer que creía amar lo traicionara... Y luego, cuando llega a la tierra para cumpl
Liriom
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 😍

En la linea de los primeros libros de la saga, fresco, con mucha accion, con dialogos chispeantes y divertidos y con unos protagonistas y secundarios maravillosos 😝. Muy buena historia 💖.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Jul 08, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of DH series
**My impression of this book before I had finished** Every book in this series you learn something new about: the Dark Hunters, Were-Hunters, Dream -Hunters, Acheron and other gods, and demigods(correct me if I am wrong about the rank in races of beings). What i try to connect with is the mind of the main character. If they feel real enough for me I am convinced I will enjoy the story. There's so much happening that I know I will enjoy re-reading this series.

This is the story of Xypher a Phobot
Miss Kim
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark Hunter Fans who may be interested in Dream Hunters
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Continuation of Series
I really liked Xypher. He is a half demon/half god Dream Hunter. He assisted in the Dimme and the gallu fight in Vegas a few weeks back. In return, Hades allowed him to leave Tartarus (hell), for one month and live as a human. The reason he has been banished to Tartarus is an interesting one. No spoilers here.
He literally runs into Simone while fighting some demons in New Orleans. Simone is a human, and medical examiner in New Orleans. She is friends with a Dark Hunter squire, and is also able t
Valquiria
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volvemos a los libros de esta saga que me gustan. La historia me ha tenido enganchada, me ha encantado Jesse, los personajes son geniales y Jaden me tiene muy intrigada. Xypher me encanta y siempre está genial las relaciones con libros anteriores.
Reseña completa en:
majo
*screaming*

ACHERON BABY, HERE I COMEEEEE

*Clears throat*

Oh, right, this book. haha, I didn't forget about it.
...
......

It was good.

....

ok, now. Seriously, Xypher and Simone were super cute together, but without doubt Jaden was the best character of this book. I understand now, how is that he'll replace my babe, Ash. The story was action-packed and I enjoyed it a lot.
Victoria Cavill
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review by: Vijetha Kumar!

5 I-love-Xypher Stars..!!!!

13th book in the Dark-Hunter Series
3rd book in the Dream-Hunter Series
1st book in my love list of the week!

AJ
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sacrifice is for the weak. Hatred corrupts. Love destroys. Vengeance is the gift of the strong."

"May the gods have mercy on those who have wronged me because I will have no mercy for them."

And so it begins…

This is the story of Xypher, who we meet briefly (and I instantly loved) in Devil May Cry. As usual, he is an angry, tortured soul who is out for vengeance against the woman who betrayed him and damned him to an eternity of torture in hell. When he comes to the rescue of Simone, a ghost-seei
Continuum
Well, again we have a hero who had never known a gentle touch, a feisty heroine who tames the beast, and a lot of plot holes - like the fact that in Devil May Cry Xypher was asking about what kills Dimme (meaning he had no idea), and yet here he is part Sumerian demon, which means he has a deeper knowledge into demons; or the fact that it was established (in Devil May Cry) that Dimme only kill, and not reanimate as the galu, and yet, here, when they are at the crime scene and talking that this c ...more
Mona
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lo cierto es que ha sido una muy grata y sorprendente lectura.
Tuve mis más y mis menos con este libro. En un principio no sabía hacia qué lado se decantaría pero por suerte han pesado los puntos a favor.
Xypher ha sido un personaje que me ha conmovido profundamente y por eso su historia me ha calado más hondo.
Además, lo que viene siendo el resto de la historia central está muy bien llevada, llena de intriga y con plot twists sorprendentes y al mismo tiempo creíbles.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
Simone is a psychic who can see the dead, Xypher is a fallen dream god who was led astray by Satara and killed, doomed to be tortured fir eternity, but Hades lets him out for one month. Now Satara must find a way to get Xypher before he comes to seek his revenge, she binds him to a human, Simone to be exact, if Simone dies, Xypher dies and if she gets more than twenty feet away from him they both die. He needs to find a way to get the bracelets off before he gets sent back to hell in twenty-two ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Finally a Dream Hunter novel that is worthy of being included in the Dark Hunter books! I wish all the Dream Hunter books were like this. This story takes place in New Orleans and includes many of the Dark Hunters and Were Hunters ~ and especially Ash!! (I loved that most of all!)

Simone and Xypher's story was a bit intense because so much was revealed. I loved them together. I always love when the male feels unworthy and experiences kindness/love for the first time and appreciates it.

I think t
Kenyons Minions: Dream Chaser BOTM 43 39 Oct 01, 2014 09:22AM
Shut Up & Read: Dark-Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon 1243 294 Jun 01, 2014 07:21PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 14 Dream Chaser (July 16 to 31) 17 19 Dec 01, 2013 10:56PM
Xypher? 8 84 Mar 29, 2013 05:15PM
Frikin awesome 17 42 Mar 28, 2013 01:21PM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • Dark Slayer (Dark, #17)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Rapture (Shadowdwellers, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Mariana
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
“My father used to say that life is what you make it. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. You can’t change the past, but the future isn’t set in stone. You can effect a change there. Move forward not with hatred or love. Move forward with purpose. (Simone)” 258 likes
“Ironically no one ever wants to hear what I have to say about anything. They usually argue with me to the point I want to put them through a wall. Hopefully you won’t be so dense. (Acheron)” 91 likes