Start by marking “Dragon's Lure” as Want to Read:
Dragon's Lure

Dragon's Lure

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Here There Be Dragons! What is the deal with virgins? Why would a dragon want to swallow the moon? Is a bed of treasure really to be desired? At long last a collection that delves in the lore on what lures a dragon. We bring you nineteen tempting tales of draconic wonder--along with the lyrics to two classic and much-beloved songs--certain to broaden your understanding of ...more
Published August 27th 2010 by Dark Quest, LLC (first published August 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon's Lure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon's Lure

Sue Dubrovich
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. The stories by each author were very different and unique. I liked some more than others, but they were all entertaining and very well written. I also really liked how the stories were placed within the book. I will probably read this again! There were some stories that deserve a reread.
Michael Fierce
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Dragons, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy with Humor
Review to come
Star
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dragons have always captured our imaginations ranging from fire-breathing beasts of old to the more civilized dragons in some contemporary literature. ‘Dragon’s Lure’ gives a deeper look into the lives and loves of dragons – from virgins to mountains of treasure. Very original and breathtaking, ‘Dragon’s Lure’ will definitely lure you in as you delve into the dragon psyche. My favorite story in the collection is “Perchance to Dream” by C.E. Murphy. Ms. Murphy’s story gives a new perspective on J ...more
A.C. Wise
Mar 29, 2012 rated it liked it
There were a few standout stories in this collection: Off the Wagon Dragon by Hildy Silverman, Thus the Trap by Bernie Mojzes, and The Dog and Pony and Dragon Show by Jeffrey Lyman. I also enjoyed Weathermaker by Vonnie Winslow Crist, Flying Away Home by Misty Massey, and Red Dragon Symphony by Robert E. Waters.
Amy Hoodock
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a book of short stories about dragons. The quality varies by author but I enjoyed each of the stories. I bought the book because I heard David Coe read his short story that is printed here about a writer with writer's block who discovers something strange in a New Age-ish type shop and I liked it so much I wanted a copy. The anthology is definitely worth reading if you like dragons!
Catherine GC
Oct 27, 2014
Espec Books
Jul 16, 2018
Danielle
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jeff Young
Jan 19, 2012
Shawna
Dec 07, 2010
Danielle
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shawna
May 13, 2011
Donna
Feb 17, 2015
Patrick Thomas
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brynna Curry
Oct 03, 2014
Kevin Breaux
Nov 20, 2010
Jean Ward
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Award-winning author and editor Danielle Ackley-McPhail has worked both sides of the publishing industry for longer than she cares to admit. In 2014 she joined forces with husband Mike McPhail and friend Greg Schauer to form her own publishing house, eSpec Books (www.especbooks.com).

Her published works include six novels, Yesterday's Dreams, Tomorrow's Memories, Today’s Promise, The Halfling’s Co