Start by marking “Ravished by a Viking” as Want to Read:
Ravished by a Viking

Ravished by a Viking

(The New Icelandic Chronicles #1)

What a Viking wants, a Viking takes. When his younger brother goes missing, Dagr, Viking warrior and Lord of the Wolfskin Clan, will do whatever it takes to get him back. But nothing could have prepared him for Honora-a feisty, intelligent woman who is nothing like the women of his world-women who are content to serve their men in all things. Drawn to her despite her recal ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Berkley Heat (first published November 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ravished by a Viking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravished by a Viking

Kathleen
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Story Rating 4 stars
Character Rating 4 stars
Heat Level 4.5 stars
Romance Rating 4 stars
Overall Rating 4 stars

This is a Scifi-Futuristic Erotic Romance with large yummy Vikings who are very lusty.

The beginning of the story was enough to keep me interested but as the story moved along it got better and by the end I can say that YEP I truly enjoyed it.

Like I said above, this is an Erotic book with MANY sex/love scenes, M/F, M/F/M/M, M/F/F but no M/M or F/F. It also as a bit of S&M but nothing to
Brandy
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lover of Vikings, lovers of space
Shelves: print, trade
I've been looking forward to RAVISHED for quite a while now. I was so excited when I finally got it I was a little scared to start reading. I wanted it to live up to everything I hoped it would be.

You know what? It lived up to the hype in my head and then some.

I really enjoyed RAVISHED and it definitely met my expectations. The characters and settings pulled me in. I was intrigued by the Vikings and their world. I could fully picture Delilah's world in space and how different it was to the world
Megan
Oct 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Fiendishly Bookish

Delilah Devlin keeps the fires stoked and the mercury close to bursting with her latest steamy read Ravished by a Viking. Don’t let the title fool you. Devlin detours far as far as she can from a traditional historical piece and ventures into the land of enterprising. Ravished is a perfect marriage between two genres, tailor-made to Devlin’s specifications. Her Vikings hail not from Norway or Iceland, but New Iceland, a remote and bleak territory on a distant planet. Deposited there as slaves eo

Habrewer
Jan 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ravished by a Viking by Delilah Devlin
* I received this ARC free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Ravished by a Viking took me about 25 pages to really get into the story. Once the holidays calmed down and I had a chance to sit down with this book and no interruptions, I didn’t want to put it down. The story takes place in space and a primitive ice planet inhabited by Barbarians/Vikings.

Dagr, King of his people takes it upon himself to rescue his brother who has been taken captiv
Bookaholics
Dec 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ravished by a Viking by Delilah Devlin
Paranormal Romance –Jan. 4th, 2011
3 stars

Ravished by a Viking by Delilah Devlin is a highly erotic paranormal ‘captive themed’ romance. The heroine is enslaved by the conquering Viking who shows her untold pleasure and dominance.

In this story, rough and 'primitive' Vikings mine ore and sell it to Outworlders in space. But there are mysterious kidnappings of Viking men and when the brother of a Viking lord is taken, he wants vengeance and he will stop at not
Betty
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dagr is a Viking warrior and king of his Wolfskin Clan. His brother is kidnapped and spirited away by "Outlanders". Dagr embarks on a mission to rescue his brother and bring him back to their lands. This is a fairly fast paced read with plenty of hot/erotic romance. There are some surprises and several turns in the plot.
SheLove2Read
Dec 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012, dnf
The prologue made no sense - seemingly both historical and futuristic at the same time. The more I read, the more I found myself shaking my head and thinking "WTF?" After deciding not to finish this, and reading all the other reviews of it, I'm glad I'm stopping. Doesn't sound like something I want to read after all (story wise).
Dragana
Not for me. Too much in every way...

Dislikes:
- Worst choice of adjectives in sex scenes descriptions ("moist folds", "sharpening nipple", "he hammered her pussy", "ripening scent", ...
- Semen samples in lab are taken by blow job.
- Swords and viking armor against modern stun guns and technology. (And Vikings win somehow).
Misfit
Jan 05, 2011 marked it as will-never-read
I am thinking this book needs Zosia's touch. Harriet loved it and compared it to Sandra Hill's Viking books :p
Miranda
Feb 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
PASSION. The only way Devlin can deliver <3
Lover of Romance
Dagr, a powerful Viking Warrior and leader of his people, is furious when he finds out that his brother has been taken, and will do everything within his power to get him back. So when he finds out that the Outlander's have taken him, he boards a outlanders ship, and takes it over and everyone in it, including Honora, a beautiful and captivating woman, who is much different from the woman from his world. She is independent and stirs up his blood like none other, and is determined to take her and ...more
Jeanine
Jun 02, 2011 rated it liked it
I HAD to buy this book, just because of the title and the premise of Vikings In Space!! Seriously, I read that and immediately heard a muppets version of "Vikings Inn Spaaaaaaace...." You remember "Pigs in Space" from the muppets don't you?!? I have to read this, I really hope it's as entertaining as the title has made it for me so far. I'm expecting a total cheese-fest, summer-reading experience, hehe.

Finished on June 4th. Let's see...the novel starts with sex, then a bit of plot, more sex, sex
Heathy
Feb 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Vikings meet Star Trek. Need I say more? Made it to page 65 and just couldn't take anymore of this nonsense.

They say not to judge a book by its cover. Well this book is a perfect example of that because the cover is false advertising, both the front and the back. The front shows a guy wearing traditional Viking attire. The name of the book is "Ravished by a Viking". The back of the book mentions "ships", not "spaceships".

Yet the book is about Vikings in the future who are trying to defeat some k
Angarad
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great surprise!!!!

This book is an awesome mix of Viking and space travel! I have to say I was a bit confused in the beginning, thinking this was a story set in an historical era but you discover that not only the action is taking place in the future but we are not on Earth amymore!!

The setting was very well done, making you dive head first in the Viking world before transporting, well actually teleporting the reader on a spaceship.

Drag was the perfect exemple of Viking: big, dark, dominant and
Feistygodwin
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Delilah Devlin's books are hit or miss for me. This book was a little heavy on the S&M for me- that is just not my cup of tea so I down graded my rating for that alone. The world building and story line were so so; however, there was one extremely hot scene and was worth the picking up the book either at the library or borrowing! Story has M/F and M/F/F and M/F/M/M (with all attention on the female no M/M)
Kelly Benson
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Only read this because Sylvia Day had given it a recommendation but the characters were a bit dull. Man meets woman and they have sex, same repeated over and over again, with no real story. Didn't bother with the last chapter cause it was obvious what was going to happen. Good descriptive sex scenes but that was it.
Anne
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2011-bir
This was a really good story. Interesting history, plot, characters, world building, good writing, well written sex scenes, wonderful conclusion. I really loved it. Only one small annoyance--the kidnapped brother is still kidnapped, darn it! Now I'll have to get the next book, when it comes out.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Pamela
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artm...
Josephine
Nov 20, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
As the first book in a series, I thought it had fairly poor world-building. It was also confusing with a large cast of characters.
Brenda
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
OMG!!! And there is a sequel, "Enslaved by a Viking"!!
Shelita
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I did enjoy it. Very steamy and all. Just something was missing for me. I don't know what, but something.
Christina Clark
Christina Smith
Aug 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Viking's Captive Princess
  • Truly, Madly Viking (Viking II, #2)
  • One To Watch (Fantasy Heights, #5)
  • Rituals of Passion (Brides of Caralon, #1)
  • The Bear and the Bride (Viking Warriors #1)
  • Captives of New Pompeii (New Pompeii, #1)
  • The Pagan's Prize (Captive Brides #3)
  • The Sea King
  • Edin's Embrace
  • Viking!
  • The Ultimatum (Rystani #3)
  • The Viking's Touch (Victorious Vikings #2)
Delilah Devlin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with a rapidly expanding reputation for writing deliciously edgy stories with complex characters. Whether creating dark, erotically-charged paranormal worlds or richly descriptive westerns that ring with authenticity, Delilah Devlin “pens in uncharted territory that will leave the readers breathless and hungering for more…” www.De ...more

The New Icelandic Chronicles (2 books)
  • Enslaved by a Viking (The New Icelandic Chronicles, #2)