Start by marking “A Forthcoming Wizard (Tildi Summerbee, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Forthcoming Wizard (Tildi Summerbee, #2)

A Forthcoming Wizard (Tildi Summerbee #2)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Halfling Tildi Summerbee led a typical, unexciting life, tending the house for her brothers while they managed the family farm ... until she was forced to assume the identity of her recently deceased brother and accept his position as apprentice to a great wizard.

Now she is central to an important quest where the lessons of her apprenticeship pale in comparison to those le
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Forthcoming Wizard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Forthcoming Wizard

Carmen
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
He knew she was telling the truth. The thought of torture sickened him, but he would not balk at using it if he believed it would work. He had not the talent for reading thoughts or the ability to scry, as a few minor magicians he had once known. She must tell him. He had the knowledge to cause her to confess. He hated to ruin such an admirable specimen of dwarfdom by making her compliant, but his need was great.

This is the second and last book in Nye's duology (the first is An Unexpected Appren
Lise
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of the books I read remind me of issues that I regularly think about. "A Forthcoming Wizard" (and "An Unexpected Apprentice") reminded me of the many times I have wondered about the concept of racism and the idea of “perfect/ideal”.

Back in the days the Shining Ones took it upon themselves to experiment with the knowledge they had acquired. Like all good scientist they asked themselves the question “I wonder what would happen if …”. Unlike the really good scientists, the Shining Ones forgot
Cori
May 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I FINALLY finished. This one was a struggle for every word. I had found that in the first book (the Unexpected Apprentice) the start dragged a bit, but once the story started to move it had me pulled in and I barreled toward the last page. Not so much in the follow-up. Normally, I would have just put it down and called it a loss. However, I really wanted to know the end of the story so I struggled through.

The premise of the books is essentially "a little hobbit girl goes on an adventure". There
Clay Kallam
Jul 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
“A Forthcoming Wizard” (Tor, $27.95, 430 pages) is the conclusion of a two-part series that begin with “An Unexpected Apprentice” and it’s a slightly dumbed down version of “The Hobbit.” The hero is Tildi, a member of the smallfolk, and she has possession of an immensely powerful artifact that a powerful evil wizard wants desperately. She is helped by elves, dwarves, werewolves, highly evolved bears and centaurs – not to mention a kindly graying wizard who’s offstage for a while, and various kin ...more
Aviva
I took a break to read other books that were nearing their due date from the library. But I'm glad I came back to this book to finish it.

The final ending with its wrap up left me a little dissatisfied, but overall an enjoyable read. I hope my nearly 10-year-old will enjoy it too.
Nancy Greger
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The pair of books in this series are a fine read. A pleasant "and everyone live happily ever after."
JoyfulK
This book provides a stunning finish to this tale, begun in An Unexpected Apprentice. It was very hard to put down. Recommended, but read the first book before you pick up this one.
Fatma
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tale that kept me hooked. Hoping for more adventures to come for Tildi in the future!
Allison
Sep 29, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked the first one better.
Kenneth Flusche
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than book one, a little wordy but held my attention all the way to the last word.
Kathi
Apr 03, 2015
Lisa
Mar 15, 2011
Teresa
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2013
Aug 12, 2014
Hisham El-far
Sep 11, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
Jody Lynn Nye lists her main career activity as ‘spoiling cats.’ When not engaged upon this worthy occupation, she writes fantasy and science fiction books and short stories.

Before breaking away from gainful employment to write full time, Jody worked as a file clerk, book-keeper at a small publishing house, freelance journalist and photographer, accounting assistant and costume maker.

For four year
More about Jody Lynn Nye...

Tildi Summerbee (2 books)
  • An Unexpected Apprentice (Tildi Summerbee, #1)