Start by marking “My Avenging Angel (Angels and Demons #1)” as Want to Read:
My Avenging Angel (Angels and Demons #1)

My Avenging Angel (Angels and Demons #1)

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  280 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
To save her life, he must break a covenant-and lose his heart.

An Angels and Demons story.

It's Victoria Bloom's twenty-fifth birthday. But is she out celebrating? Oh, no. She's in a stuffy old attic with the Three Stooges-a.k.a. her so-called spirit guides. There's a demon who wants her dead, the same one that killed her mother two decades ago. No worries, say the Stooges.
Published May 25th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published May 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My Avenging Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Avenging Angel

Paige Prince
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: request
I had never read anything by Madelyn Ford before, so when she asked me to review her book, I told her “of course!” and then Googled her. I found her website, read the blurb & the excerpt, and sighed with relief. This book definitely had a lot of promise.

And Madelyn came through on that promise.

From page one, I was drawn into the story. The prologue let me know that Asmodeus was a Really Bad Guy and Tory owned a piece of my heart. Poor kid.

When Michael, the archangel Tory accidentally summons
J.A. Saare
May 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'll begin this by stating Madelyn is a very good friend. However, we met after I read her first story, Faith Revisited, and emailed her to say just how much I enjoyed her work. She has an amazing voice, grasp for characters, and lures the reader in with the promise of something dark, sultry, and exciting.

In My Avenging Angel, you get all of the above elements and then some. The romance is hot, the hero and heroine are to die for, and the story is amazing. Michael is one of my favorite heroes (B
Mandi Schreiner
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Why I read: Author asked for a review.

Victoria Bloom, or Tory saw the remains of her murdered (although quite abusive) mother when she was a young child. Unbeknownst to her, the demon Asmodeus was called forth to kill Tory, killing her mother thinking she was the target. That day Asmodeus does not find Tory, nor does he find her for many years. Tory has had “The Stooges” her three spiritual guides with her (literally with her) all her life. Giving her whispers in her head of dangers and helping
Calisto
Arrrrrhhhhhhhhggggg!!!!

Tory, a soon to be powerful witch, is being hunted by ubber evil demon, Asmodeus. So she accidentally summons Archangel Michael for protection (she meant to summon a different angel). Michael is none too happy until he realizes that she is his *duhduhdummmmmmm* mate. Now he will move heaven and earth to kill the demon and protect her.

I cannot express how disappointed I am. This story started out great! Like 5 stars great. I was ready to send text messages in the middle of
Vina Raintree
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, sexy, angel, fantasy

cerita tentang victoria yang ibunya-penyihir putih mati dibunuh Asmodeus. hingga victoria dewasa dan dia merasa bahaya mengancam nyawanya. akhirnya dia memanggil malaikat dengan sihirnya. sebenarnya dia berharap malaikat lain yang datang, setelah sihir pemanggilan berhasil dilakukan yang ada didepannya adalah Michael, pemimpin pasukan penghancur iblis. http://www.smileycodes.info

michael sebenarnya geram, tapi saat dia melihat victoria pertama kali, dia sudah tahu kalo victoria adalah soulmatenya. dan dia khawatir saat t
Teiamarie
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: angels
Kelly
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
For starters, I think this cover is sexy in an understated way. Unfortunately, that was just about the best thing about this story. I liked it well enough, I guess, but I never felt the connection with the characters that I felt in the other two Angels and Demons stories. Is it because the other two focus on dead sexy demons and I have a thing for demons? Maybe. I just know that I had a tough time getting into this one.

I can't even pinpoint why I feel slightly dissatisfied. I liked Michael and h
Karagan
J.A. Saare nailed it with her review on this, My Avenging Angel.

Victoria, hunted by the demon Asmodeus who will achieve his freedom upon her death, is pressed by her spirit guides to summon an angel for protection. What she gets is Michael in all his stupid-people-hating glory.

Years ago, ignorant to the power and preciousness of a mate, Michael’s callousness cost him his treasured friendship with Gabriel. Now, by honoring a vow to keep Victoria safe, he believes himself to have found a chance a
Happie
Jul 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always been a sucker for romance stories (normal setting, YA or paranormal genres), especially the whole soul mate concept/theme. So when I came across this book, I can't help by be intrigued.
I'm supposed to be studying for my exams but I just couldn't resist (I'm glad it was a short read). Nevertheless, I was not disappointed and glad I took the break to read this. Who would have thought angels could be this hot? (whew!... fanning myself...)
Michael is a bad-ass angel and didn't belive i
Parajunkee
May 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am. That's how I'm feeling after reading this smoking novella by Madelyn Ford. A quick, sexy read that will leave you wanting more and wondering, 'Why just a novella?' and then reeling after some of the nasty talk that archangel Michael dishes out. I mean, really I think I'm still being slowly corrupted by this little quote from Michael, you know the Michael, big sword, angel Michael (queue heavenly choir): “If I liked it any more I’d come in my jeans.” Sorry, Sister Lest ...more
  • Angels & Demons (Angels & Demons, #1)
  • Deals with Demons (Angels & Demons, #1)
  • Devoted (Caylin's Story, #2)
  • L.O.S.T. (L.O.S.T., #1)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
  • First (The Crescent Chronicles #4.1)
  • Sam's Reluctant Submission (Sam's Reluctant Submission, #1)
  • Ghost Time
  • Crushed Seraphim (Seraphim, #1)
  • Owner of My Heart (Mending the Rift, #2)
  • On a Dark Wing
  • Shifting Pride
  • A Spell Cast Volume One (Seven Spell stories, #1)
  • Azazel (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • Lazy Valentines
  • Come Together (Rock Hard, #2)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
As a shy child, I learned at a very early age that one could be and do many different deeds, all it took was opening the pages of a book. From there, it was a natural progression into writing. A fan of all things paranormal and a lover of romance, it is hardly surprising to family and friends that I’ve combined these two great loves.
I live in the Midwest with my fixer-of-all-laptop-problems husban
More about Madelyn Ford...