Start by marking “Those Who Saw Her: Apparitions Of Mary” as Want to Read:
Those Who Saw Her: Apparitions Of Mary

Those Who Saw Her: Apparitions Of Mary

..".A treasure for those who seek to find Mary's presence, both in these astonishing appearances and in their daily lives." -- James Martin, author of My Life with the SaintsFor almost the lifespan of the Church, the Blessed Virgin Mary has been returning to the world she left almost twenty centuries ago.

In its attractively redesigned and updated second edition, Those Who
Published March 16th 2010 by Our Sunday Visitor (first published March 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Those Who Saw Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Those Who Saw Her

Steven R. McEvoy
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
This book was first published in 1985, was revised in 1995 and again in 2010. I am glad they changed the cover the last time it was revised as I would not likely have picked it up and looked at it with the red and black cover. The chapters in the latest edition of the book are:

Preface
1. Who Is Mary?
2. Why Does Mary Come?
3. The Church and Apparitions
4. The Apparitions at Guadalupe, Mexico, 1531
5. The Apparitions at Laus, France, 1664-1718
6. The Apparitions on the Rue du Bac, Paris, France, 1830
Christian Engler
One of the great joys of being Catholic (and there are many) is that there is a full acknowledgment, a recognition of the Blessed Virgin Mary as the mother of Jesus Christ and the Queen of Heaven, among many other deserved titles. At her heart, however, she is a mom for all peoples, for all classes and for all backgrounds, irrelevant of social, economic, cultural and intellectual barriers. She is a mother, and she loves. And she urges and prods people, especially to those whom she appears to, to ...more
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
Wow! This was an excellent book, very thorough and well written. The author covers all of the apparitions to date - there were a few I was unaware of but thrilled/blessed to learn about. Will definitely be getting more books on those apparitions. The ONLY negative & problem I had was not with the author but was a mistake by the publisher or printer, there were 10 pages missing from the book, otherwise it was wonderful, uplifting & encouraging & stirs deeper devotion to Our Blessed Mo ...more
Stephen
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith
A solid overview of Marian apparitions, many that are well known and others less so. All are covered well, providing key events and important messages from Our Lady. Despite differences in location and time, there are shared messages across nearly all these apparitions which create a nice continuity across the chapters. A good read for anyone interested in such events.
Joaquin Pericas
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most beautiful books I have ever read. The Virgin Mary is the best advocate and sponsor we could ask for! The many confirmed apparitions and miracles performed are a glorious confirmation that she is indeed the Mother of God.
Maureen Geneste
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

excellent synopsis of the recorded Marian Apparitions! Easy read. Very well written and inspiring. Insights to historical and individual events.
Chris
Nov 29, 2016 added it
Much like the Bible, I won't rate this book, since it pertains to faith and therefore is incredibly subjective in what each person may or may not get out of it.

That being said, it was fascinating. However, I felt the writing was a tad too zealous - the cases are there to be made with a much more critical eye and language, and I think that would make the belief even stronger.

Still, overall, well worth the time.
Katie
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The stories in this book are amazing and the author did an excellent job of telling and compiling them. WOW!
Christopher
Alyssa Rana
Nov 29, 2014
Alice
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So awesome, and to finish the book on the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary was an added bonus.
Stefano