Start by marking “Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book” as Want to Read:
Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book

Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,513 ratings  ·  149 reviews
How many kisses does a tired baby need? Count and kiss

along with this bedtime book, now in a sturdy format perfect for the youngest readers.
Board Book, 32 pages
Published January 1st 2003 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Counting Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Counting Kisses

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book
Amanda Hoffman
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a great way to introduce numerical value numbers as well as number words. This book allows you to participate in reading with your child. You can act out the action on the pages and count while you are doing it. It is a great interactive book. I chose this book because I feel like when people don't know how to read to their child this book is an icebreaker to that. This book shows you what to do and how to do it all the while making reading fun.
Kathryn
Jan 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sweet and cozy little story about all the kisses it takes before baby falls asleep--from ten little kisses on ten little toes to two kisses on each eye. It's nice as we see Mom, Dad, Grandma and Big Sis/Bro all showering the baby with love.
Kelly
A neat counting book, counting from 10 to 1. Little baby gets kisses from her loved ones.
Jeniece Goellner
Any excuse to give kisses to my little girl is welcomed. Plus it is a really good counting book. Some of the descriptive adjectives of the places to kiss your child were a bit much for me.
Heidi-Marie
Not my favorite, but better than others. There's the counting aspect and the body parts, too. It has a bedtime air in it, but I think it could work in baby storytime.
Dinah Moore
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
Didn’t work for me.
Deserae
This is a sweet book to read with students at the facility students can think about the wonderful exeperiences they have at home with their love ones kissing them goodnight and showing them that they love them and will see them in the morning. It is also a good book to read with students learning numbers from 10to1.
Felicia Moore
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
like reading to baby girl
Suzanne Kunz Williams
What beautiful, loving, happy family pictures. You can feel the love these family members have for baby. Books like this one gives us hope for our families and for the world.

** Talking Points: Who loves you? How do you know? Who do you love? How do you show your love? Do you like hugs or kisses better?

** Essential Oil Pairing Tip: I'd diffuse Geranium essential oil while reading this book. It's the oil of Love & Trust and these family members are definitely building love and trust!
CosterKristina24
This board book presents learning numbers in a very colorful and sweet way. The main character in the story is a baby girl with brown pigtails and a pink onesie on. Throughout the book it presents each letter in order and every time the baby receives a kiss from her loved ones. This story teaches about family relationships, colors, objects, and numbers for infants and toddlers. One reason I did not like this book because it seemed very repetitive and lacked having a plot or a creative story.
Faith Key
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Text to Teaching:
This book can be used to teach math and literature. It can teach children how to count. It counts backwards from 10-1. This book also uses a lot of adjectives such as: tired, little, tiny, squishy, chubby, loud, and pretty. It can also be used to teach verbs and nouns. This book spells out the number and shows the actual number so the child can learn how to spell numbers.
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Great for a babytime, with very little ones. Have parents give little kisses to their infant/young one as you read the descriptions in the book. Probably won't translate over to toddler or preschool storytimes very well, though.
Amanda Whitaker
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Counting Kisses by Karen Katz is an adorable book that was given to my baby girl before she was born. It is a great counting book for babies, and the illustrations are bright and colorful. We read to our children before bed, and Counting Kisses is a wonderful way to calm down the baby before bed.
Kimberly
This one is super cute, but my little guy wasn't into it. I think it would work better for kiddos who are not yet mobile--I had a hard time wrestling him around to kiss the designated spots in the book. :)
Eva_Amaré
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: k
We're kind of obsessed with randomly yelling out body parts at the moment. Neck in particular is a favourite, so this was fun to read and point to our different body parts while mama counted and gave us kisses. Still not really on board with numbers so not sure what the fuss is all about.
Ann Santori
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Great book that one could add interaction to with a read-a-loud (kissing baby's feet, belly, etc.). Concept book for counting.
Keshia Burchette
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Such a sweet bedtime story for little ones.
Miriam
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
a very sweet counting book. babies will love the kisses, even if they can't count them.
A Allen
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I love the concept of this book. I also really enjoy the hearts that correspond with the number of kisses; that is a nice visual aid. I only wish this book had more diversity.
Kara Pirko
I love the sweet nature behind this book. It is perfect for an interactive read with your child. You are able to count aloud and kiss the child following the book.
Keri
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about counting and helping young children count by using their body parts.
Miss Sarah
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A simple baby and up book where baby receives kisses counting down from ten to one on differnt body parts. a great actviity for cargiver and baby
Simona GB
Sep 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 30-children
The only thing I like about this book is the idea of counting and kissing your child. Besides that, the illustrations, the story, the colors did not convince me at all.
Kristen Freiburger
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Giggles, giggles and more giggles!
Nancy Messina
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the numbers but the different kisses were not things I would do. Some of them actually seemed odd to me.
Ayesha
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A super cute book!
Vicki
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely counting book for the very young or for tots with new baby siblings.
DiAnne Warfield
My tired
Little baby,
Do you need
A kiss?
Brief Book Summary: This story is about a tired, crying baby. In order to make the baby stop crying, the family helps by giving her kisses on different body parts. By the end of the story the baby is nice and calm and is ready to go to sleep.
Professional Recommendation/Review #1:

• Blue Hat, Green Hat
  • Jamberry
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Belly Button Book!
  • Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
  • Barnyard Dance
  • Go, Dog. Go!
  • Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book
  • Pat the Bunny
  • Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
  • Llama Llama Home with Mama
  • Ten Little Ladybugs
  • Toes, Ears, & Nose! (A Lift-the-Flap Book)
  • Hello, Garden Bugs: A High-Contrast Book
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more