Start by marking “Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People” as Want to Read:
Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People

Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People

An Internationally Bestselling Orin Book
This book is a national and internationally best-selling classic with a timeless message. It has been translated into over 24 languages.

Note: The revised eBook edition has been updated, however it is essentially the same as the printed edition in the information and teaching it contains.

Channel Sanaya Roman presents Personal Power Th
Published December 28th 1992 by HJ Kramer (first published 1986)

Jeff Maziarek
Jan 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have three books by Sanaya Roman and found value in each one of them. All of them are more oriented toward the more experienced spiritual student. This particular title has loads of valuable wisdom in it, so I highly recommend it. Here's one of my favorite passages from it:

"Sympathy is feeling sorry for others, seeing that what is happening to them is negative or bad. Compassion is seeing that what is happening to them is for their growth, and assisting them in seeing that also. Compassion ref
Kiera Haddock
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My copy of this book is basically completely underlined. That is because literally every passage is relevant and important!
Andrea
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the best, most accessible books I've read on self-awareness. Learn to listen, pay attention, feel, heal, calm, and guide your thoughts to the most loving path possible. Timeless wisdom and advice! Highly recommended no matter where you are in life. A book that can be re-read over and over or opened to a random page when you need guidance.
Nargiz
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
A book about how to channel your energy and to develop an intuition. It is not a reading book rather than a practice book , as a reader should do exercises in order to grasp the whole benefit of it.

My favorite quotes:
"When you are judgmental or critical, you are most affected by other people's energy"
"Every time another person creates pain in you it is a gift. It is showing you an area in which your heart has not yet learned to be open."
Aline
Definitely one of the best and most useful books I have ever read! You can basically feel the good vibes coming out of the words.

If you’re someone who is prone to pick up other people’s emotions, but you haven’t had a clue on how to deal with this, this book will help you.
And it inspires you to work on yourself (and your mind), to be the best version of yourself and bring light and love into the world.
Ghan Bremer
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Yes, our brain is a powerful filter that molds experiences and perceptions of reali
Jenny
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is four stars WITH the caveat that it is highly "woo woo" (written via channeled messages for crying out loud) and therefore not for everyone, but her first book Living With Joy had a huge impact on me and I've re-read it several times since. She shares pretty common principles about energy, abundance, attraction, intuition but in a very clear, direct way which I appreciate. Not a lot of case studies, dialog or fluff -- just good reminders on how to tune into our own intuition and energy to ...more
Alaxeria
Apr 16, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: holistic-health
" When you speak of books, all the books you should read an the knowledge you should know, be aware that sometimes it is only one paragraph or one page of a book you need to read to get what you want" page 95

perfect quote for the book.
Brittany Valdez
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Very empowering read on how to channel your energy and thoughts.
Learned a lot on how to discover and communicate through telepathy and spirit.
A lot of positive direction for spiritual seekers.
Sheryl Valentine
I read this book in the early 90s, but was prompted to it again recently... spoke to me profoundly in regard to certain things going on now. Timeless material.
Martha
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
it is a great book about telepathy and sensitivity to energy. I appreciated the energetic reminders and the focus on love and forgiveness.
~wendy~
Jun 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have read and really started me on a path to change my life for the better.
Jen
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to
Ever wandered if there was some kind of guide book series for being human on earth? Then book 2 of the Earth Life Series should be some good reading for you.
Caroline Shearer
Apr 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite spiritual book. I feel like every line speaks to me, even now that I have read it many times. I highly recommend it!!
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
This book is solidly in line with prevailing New Age thought; still, I think it has many valuable insights. Not that I agree with them all, however. Also, I'm not quite sure I believe that this is indeed a channeled work, as the apparent author, Sanaya Roman, asserts. The subconscious mind is an almost limitless repository of facts, concepts and theories encountered throughout life. This information can be accumulated due to life experiences, studying, and/or reading. Roman could simply have acc ...more
Bismillah
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not generally a fan of self help books based on spiritual guidance, and picked this one with some skepticism. But this book has surprised me. It has some very useful and practical tips on how to use awareness and energy in our day to day lives.
Lauren
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely life-changing. As and old soul this book opened me up to the beginning of a spiritual based life (If that even is a thing!) I recommend this to anyone who wants to deepened their understanding of the world around them and open their minds to live a more meaningful life. My original copy is so beat up with underlining, pen, highlighting, sticky notes and dog tagging. I just had to because everything on every page was just so relevant and were all things that I have questi ...more
Debbie Hill
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, spiritual
I have recomended this book to so very many people! If you are wuilling to look at your life a little differently you can change your life in a powerful way. This opened me up to an entire new world. I was already reading for people as a Nedium/Spiritual Advisor and they wanted to know how to read as well. We all have this gift and i found this book to be the best way to help anyone change and help their lives!
Pamela Hamilton
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another Wonderful book of Sanaya Roman, and Orin. For me this book was the next step from the teachings of Abraham, by Esther Hicks. I am thirsty for all I can find out about Universal Laws and these books of Sanaya Roman really help me to quench that thirst. I absolutely loved it!
Tarolyn Elder
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such an awesome book!!!! This one has started me in my spiritual journey and even after having it for two years and read through I still go back and find things I can still learn from. This book never gets old and you will always find something to learn from.
Duane W. Stockton
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There's an amazing amount of wisdom in this book. Have you ever wondered why you feel drained when being around someone who is being negative or uplifted when being around someone who is joyful and funny? This book helps explain why and so much more.
Michelle Corder
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was surprised, but I really liked this book. It was exactly what I needed to read at that moment. It helped to bring my perspective back in focus.
Lauren Jensen
Did not finish this book.
Liu Kindle
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve learned so much from this book.Compared to Seth,Orin is more comprehensible,he/she uses such friendly,loving,compassionate,calm,gentle,caring words.Her/His teaching and healing skills are so superb. I did all the practices very carefully and patiently,though I have already been skilled with 60% of his/her techniques in this book, I still learned so much and made amazing improvement.Those techniques touched me the most:Every situation outside is merely a reflection of you inside;If you ask f ...more
Hayat
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
The whole book is about two points:

1. Listen to your intuition.

2. Ignore negative people around you and be loving and forgiving.

The writer repeats these two ideas over and over again, but she does this using all her "spiritual powers" to paraphrase smartly, and until the last drop of her repertoire! 😏

Not really informative, but a well-written book.
Florencia
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Useful. I liked the telepathy part and the universal library downloads the best. As always Orin is a clear guidance in my life, hope I can continue working with them.
Tom Weismantel
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I mean, Orin knows his shit. It's incredibly interesting stuff at the very least. Highly recommending the meditative reading of any Sanaya Roman book.
Jess
Apr 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Very repetitive and dragged out, and didn't offer me anything groundbreaking or open my eyes to anything new...was just like most other self-help books 🙄😴
DM
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm very grateful for the incredible, beautiful and compassionate wisdom contained in this book.
Thank you Sanaya for such a kind read. Looking forward to reading more of her work.
kendavs
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
an eye opener book. self healing and awareness.

• Alchemy of the Human Spirit: A Guide to Human Transition Into the New Age (Kryon, #3)
  • Yesterday's Sky: Astrology and Reincarnation
  • Family of Light: Pleiadian Tales and Lessons in Living
  • Soulmate: A Novel of Eternal Love
  • Reality Transurfing Steps I-V
  • Parenting with Presence: Practices for Raising Conscious, Confident, Caring Kids
  • The Gift of Our Compulsions: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Acceptance and Healing
  • Dreams, "Evolution," and Value Fulfillment, Volume One: A Seth Book
  • Love Without Conditions
  • A Deep Breath of Life
  • The Spiritual Emerson: Essential Writings by Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose: A Channeled Guide to Why You Are Here
Sanaya Roman has been channeling Orin, a wise and gentle spirit teacher, for many years. Orin, a timeless being of love and light, has assisted thousands of people to awaken spiritually through his books, seminars, and audio courses. Orin teaches us how to reach the Divine within us, our true self, so we can grow through joy and release struggle, and experience love, peace, and abundance in our da ...more
“The first skill to develop for sensing energy is the ability to pay attention. Learn how to observe others by being silent. You know what it is like to sit back and watch. Observe any area about which you want more information without judgment or having any opinions or preconceived ideas about it. As you think intently about something, you will begin to receive guidance, ideas, and new thoughts about the issue.” 3 likes
“To sense energy accurately, learn to get quiet, to step outside your thoughts, feelings, and emotions, and to become a blank screen so that you can receive impressions.” 1 likes