Start by marking “Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)

Mine Till Midnight

(The Hathaways #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  52,921 ratings  ·  2,165 reviews
When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

Wealthy beyond most men’s dreams, Cam has tire
Published October 2nd 2007 by St. Martin's Press

·  52,921 ratings  ·  2,165 reviews

Navessa
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Someone sprinkled crack onto the pages of this series. I have no other explanation for what is happening to me right now.

I know you're probably expecting a review. And I'd love to write one. But the next book is staring up at me, whispering things.

"Come on, Navessa. Just one more hit..."

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Auntee
Apr 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of LK's Wallflowers series; historical romance fans
Can The Hathaways series compete with Lisa Kleypas's fantastic Wallflowers series? Well I had my doubts, but if the first book, the wonderful Mine Till Midnight, is any indication of how this series will play out, my answer is a resounding Yes!

This book just flew by for me--I never once wanted to put it down! I loved the Hathaway family, with all their eccentricities, although (other than young Beatrix with her love for critters and her 'sticky fingers', and of course eldest sibling Leo with his
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

There’s something just so special about a historical romance done the Lisa Kleypas way. Light, yet with substance. So much sexual passion and yet such tender love. Her books are always a delightful escape and her heroes are always so sigh-worthy.

This is a touching story about a tight knit, albeit quirky, family consisting of four sisters, Amelia, Win, Poppy, and Beatrix; their one brother, Leo, and Merripen, who as a young boy was wounded and left for dead following a Gypsy hunt. He was brought
Alp
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

How in the world did it take me so long to start this one? Lisa Kleypas is the real queen of historical romance. Just when I thought I couldn’t love her books more, she proved me wrong. Mine Till Midnight is exceptionally wonderful! This book has everything I want in my HR read.

A solid plot and interesting story.
A determined and persistent alpha hero with a protective nature and possessive streak.
A heroine who is strong and intelligent, but still very traditionally feminine.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Oct 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of lush historical romances, Victorian fans, Light ghost story fans
I hadn't read any Kleypas for a while when I started reading this book. It reminded me of how effective and seductive Kleypas is as a writer. She really does write a beautiful love story. Her stories are dreamy and elegant, full of imagery that draws me into the story and out of my everyday existence. She really is a wordsmith to this reader.

I know a lot of fans were unhappy that Cam was not paired with Daisy, but I have no regrets. Cam and Amelia were meant to be together. Cam was searching for
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

Lisa Kleypas has become my go to author when I am in a book slump. I always enjoy her stories!!!

Mine Till Midnight is the beginning of the Hathaways Sisters series, and while it doesn't explicitly say so, you need to read The Wallflowers series beforehand because SO MANY characters overlap and I feel you would be confused if you didn't.

This book is about Amelia, the sister who is always looking out for her family as they experience one bad stroke of luck after the other. While looki
Shawna
5+ stars – Historical Romance

It simply doesn’t get any better than Lisa Kleypas. I loved the Wallflowers series, and I’ve been looking forward to Cam’s story, ever since he so completely captivated me in Devil in Winter. Instead of flying through this lightning fast like I did with the Wallflower books, I took my time and savored it, which was well worth it because Cam Rohan is like the finest, rarest dark chocolate.....exotically decadent and sinfully delicious!

Mine Till Midnight is a beautiful
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
Buddy read with the Abtastic Ab-Loving Geishas in January.

I think this was your pretty standard historical romance. It felt a bit formulaic to me. I did like both leads, but nothing really popped out as extraordinary. The heroine is Amelia Hathaway, is 26, and has decided to become a spinster. She feels she is past the age to make a good match and does not want to be controlled by any man. She is strong and manages her household, while her scummy older brother Leo, squanders his new title and we
Jilly
Cam is a gypsy living in London, working at a gaming hall. He also has a "good luck curse". See, gypsies aren't supposed to accumulate money, stuff, or homes to live in. They need to be free, man! But, Cam can't help accumulating wealth. Every time he tries to give it away, it comes back to him. It's like some ugly casserole dish that you get for a wedding present. You keep making casseroles and taking it to people who you know aren't dependable. But, dammit if they don't wash the stupid thing a ...more
Maria Clara
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La verdad es que empecé a leer este libro sin estar muy convencida, pues esta autora no terminaba de convencerme, pero para mi sorpresa, esta historia me encantó: ) Así que será cuestión de seguir ;)
Elizabeth
"Take me away."
description

Mine Till Midnight is the first book in The Hathaways Series and to say I am late for the party is the understatement of the century. I have never considered myself a Historical Romance fan and yet, I have become a Hathaway addict! In this first book in the series, we are introduced to the Hathaway family. Amelia, the oldest, has spent her entire life caring for her younger siblings. After experiencing heartbreak, she has decided that she is to live the life of a spinster and sp
NiCoLeTa E.
The Hathaways are a strange and eccentric bounce...
Why bounce??? This family consist from four sisters and one brother...
And every single one of them is eccentric, with their own problems and you need a lot of courage to be a part of this family...
But i can not talk to you about all of them because each one of them has his/hers own book, so you have to wait about the others...

In this book, we will talk about Amelia Hathaway, the older from the sisters...

After the lost of their parents, Amelia to
Marisa Sauco
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excelente comienzo para la Serie “The Hathaways”.

Empecé a leer esta historia sin haber leído la sinopsis y, por lo tanto, sin saber que el protagonista era Cam Rohan (que ya había aparecido en la serie “Floreros” de la misma autora y que, en su momento, me había parecido un personaje muy interesante y con mucho potencial). Cuando Cam entró en escena se me aceleró el corazón y me puse muy contenta de leer su historia. Me encantó la pareja que formó con Amelia (gran protagonista femenina).

Me encan
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Hummingbird Stars

photo 13628266_zps7ehew0wr.gif

***Spoilers***

When it comes to historical romance I am very picky. Over the years I have found that a lot of HR will have cheating and mistresses in their books. So much so that I quit reading HR books until I discovered Goodreads and was able to see spoilers and make sure there would be no cheating in that book. I was craving some HR and a friend said to try Lisa Kleypas that they loved her. So when I was out book shopping I found the whole Hathaway Series for 4.00, bought i
Shona aka ღ❤️ Pandora's Pandemonian Bookwhore ❤️ღ

Looks like its finally time to read this one out and add it to my favs shelf....

Oh! the burdens The Shona must bear!!! Bemoan ye my fates!!!!

HA!HA!HA!

Played you guys,didn't I!?!?!!!! :-D
(stop rolling your eyes...its "improper")

*throat-clearing*

Soooo.....

Where were I!?!?!?!!???

Oh yeah! I was going to say how excited I was to get my hands on this fab book!!! :-D

ummmm..... why don't I just show you instead.....

And YES,this book IS completely deserving of a top-notch position in best HR nov
Aileene
PRE-REVIEW

Yes, this bearded bloke.

CHERRY POPPING Buddy read commences on the 25th Oct.

========

POST-REVIEW

Re-edited to add Luke's review.

As promised, Frozen review for our Frozen bearded fan.

Luke, who had a turn to choose for our first BR, so needless to say, my turn to select this time.

Naturally, I chose SMUT and this I told him.

And he said,

But persistent, I was.

Then Luke was like,

And Aileene went,

In reality though, Luke said yes straight away. Haha.

So.
The story and characters.

Amelia (A
María Ángeles
Pues me gustó la historia entre Cam y Amelia, sobre todo el principio (ole esa Amelia dándole igual el mundo, de perdidos al río), pero me pareció que se podría haber profundizado más en la pareja y no en el resto de la familia.
Ahora hablo con conocimiento de causa tras haberme leído la saga entera, y me tomo el primer libro como una enorme introducción a lo que nos quedaba "por vivir" en siguientes entregas.
Creo que Cam y Amelia me han gustado más en los siguientes libros.
Dina
I loved Cam Roham since his first appearance in 'Devil in Winter', so I was more than thrilled when Kleypas made him the 1st hero in her new Hathaway series. Unfortunately, his story didnt live up to my expectations. Dont get me wrong, Cam was still as interesting as ever in 'Mine Till Midnight', but little else was up to par. :(

Where do I begin? Well, lets take Amelia Hathaway, Cams heroine. She was nice enough, but I just didnt feel her "connection" with Cam. I got the feeling that she was mor
Beatriz
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una historia preciosa y tremendamente emotiva. Me encantó la forma envolvente en que Cam, nuestro protagonista, logra poco a poco romper las barreras de independencia y autoprotección de Amelia, quien, después de la muerte de sus padres, asumió la responsabilidad de sus cuatro hermanos. Además del argumento romántico central del libro, la novela destaca por muchos otros componentes, incluyendo algunos de tipo paranormal.

No me aguanté y comencé de inmediato el segundo libro de la serie, ya que e
Ronyell
When I started reading Teresa Medeiros’ romance novels, I started to really get into romance novels. I finally heard about another romance author and her name was Lisa Kleypas! “Mine Till Midnight” is the first book I have read from Lisa Kleypas and it is also the first book of the Hathaway family series. If you have not read a romance novel full of sexual tension, drama and mystery, “Mine Till Midnight” is definitely a romance novel that is worth checking out!

The Hathaway family (Leo, Amelia, W
Luke Taylor
So what is Mine Till Midnight?

Hmm...I like to think of it as maybe one of those PBS period pieces like Downton Abbey only the HBO version, if you get my drift.

description

But what is it? Well, it’s a very thinly plotted historical romance, and I liked it more than I thought I would. I chalk that up to Lisa Kleypas subtly skillful prose and the presence of a good cast and a big fat English Manor fallen into disrepair. I mean, I guess that I’ve seen so many decorating and home renovation shows (and having don
Sammy Loves Books
***4.0 Delightful stars***

This was a wonderful start to what I imagine will become a favorite series! I really loved the strong willed heroine and admired her strength because she also knew when to yield...It also helped that Cam was the perfect man to yield to.

Cam Rohan

description

Gah, Cam was utter perfection!! Calm under pressure, smart as hell, a loving, giving heart, and handsome. He was that perfect mix of sexy forbidden rouge and polished gentleman. I loved his honesty, communication style, and the w
Rane
Coming from different walks of life Amelia Hathaway and Cam Rohan couldn't be more different then day and night, but just click together like two puzzles pieces making a whole.
Amelia comes from a family of so called misfits and as the oldest female has taken the role of protector of her family's welfare at the risk of danger and the occasional headache. Coming into a recent wealth and a title for her bother to boot. Amelia and her family are thrust into a well to do society one that they have
Susanne
Updated review after re-read 5/3/15. Bumped up to 4.5 stars!

"I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curled the corners of his lips ad he added huskily, "Footnotes included".

Cam Rohan is the most wonderful hero of all times. Cam Rohan is protective, sweet, strong, wicked, charming, hot and everything you could ever wish for in a hero. He is mystic in the best sense of the word.

"You're like someone from a fairy story written in a la
Océano de libros
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amelia Hathaway ve que se complica su mundo cuando su familia obtiene una inesperada herencia, ya no solo debe lidiar con sus hermanas y su hermano sino el problema de moverse por tan altas esferas. Su desesperación la lleva a pedir ayuda a Cam Rohan, un gitano romaní que desprecia ese mundo aristocrático. Entre ellos surgirá una atracción imposible de resistir.
El otro día me di cuenta que estos últimos años siempre empiezo (el año) leyendo un libro de Lisa Kleypas, todo inconscientemente, no sé
Marilena and books⚓
Δεν μου άρεσε σχεδόν καθόλου η πλοκή αλλά μόνο οι χαρακτήρες.
Θα διαβάσω όμως τη συνέχεια για να δω πως θα εξελισχθεί η ιστορία της Win με τον Merippen
Cam *tactile seeker*

What's this strange feeling that's warming me up from the inside and making me feel dizzy with joy? *looks around the room, bewildered*

But yes! It's the sweet, lovely, sexy, thrilling, incredible Historical Romance expressing all its potentiality! It's been ages since I've felt this way and almost didn't recognize it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dear GR friends and members of this community in general, please meet Cam, the biggest HR, period movies and TV series, and history enthusiast on the planet. She's watched the Siss
Book Wonderland
I loved Cam Rohan a lot, his gipsy roots were an interesting addition to the story! Lots of things happening in the book, and not just between Amelia and Cam. We can found out a lot about the supporting characters too.
*Spoiler Alert*
The love story between Amelia and Cam was great, what I didn't liked was Amelia's hesitation to accept Cam's proposal even after sleeping together for many times. Also Cam didn't find out that Christopher kissed Amelia.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, especially historical romance fans
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Leah
Mei
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Mmmm... can I have a Cam of my own? *wink*

What a delightful book! I thoroughly enjoyed the story of Cam and Amelia.

Amelia wants only to care about her "strange" family: her young sisters, her other sister, closer to her age, who's still slowly recovering from her illness and her brother who's wasting away and who wants to join his dead fiance. A heavy burden...

Cam, a half Rom forced by circumstances to live as Gadje. He's charming, sensual and burden by a "good luck curse"!

Cam wants Amelia sinc

• England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3)
  • In Bed with the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (MacKenzies & McBrides, #2)
  • Lord of Fire (Knight Miscellany, #2)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
  • Yours Until Dawn
  • When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2)
  • The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1)
  • Sinful (Addicted #2)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)

The Hathaways (5 books)
  • Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2)
  • Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3)
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
“The question, love, is whether you want me enough to take the risk.” 259 likes
“...whether he stayed or left, whether they walked the same path or not. They could live on opposite sides of the world, and she would still be his.” 113 likes